Start by marking “Grey Zone (Dulcie Schwartz, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grey Zone (Dulcie Schwartz, #3)

Grey Zone (Dulcie Schwartz #3)

A Dulcie Schwartz feline mystery - When a student goes missing and a professor ends up dead, Dulcie Schwartz realizes that midterms are going to be worse than ever. She’s hard at work on her thesis, but present day concerns – including the destructive mischief of her growing kitten – keep dragging her back into a tangle of motive, misbehavior, and maybe even murder. If onl

Published March 1st 2012 by Severn House Digital (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Grey Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grey Zone

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Ms. Simon's series "A Dulcie Schwartz Feline mystery" always leaves me feeling that I have learned something about English Literature while romping through University life and playing with a wonderful kitten named 'Esme.' This book was no different.

Together with the help of Dulcie, I learned about the feminist movement in the latter 1790's in Britain and how the movement was progressing here in the United States as well. I also learned more about a different aspect of sexual abuse.

Finally, we a
Carol
Jun 08, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozies, cats
I like this series. The story and mystery are well developed, and overall, I like the characters. But I'm still somewhat irritated by main character Dulcie. For a doctoral candidate, she does some awfully dumb-cluck stuff sometimes. Then again, her flaws do help make her more realistic as a character than many other mystery-series protagonists.
Barb Foerst
Jun 11, 2011 Barb Foerst rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I've enjoyed Clea Simon's Theda Krakow series, but i found this book just hard to get through. I'm not sure why, i think it just got too wound up with her ghost cat Mr Grey and just utter confusion for Dulcie. Nice ending but getting there was tough.
Nora-adrienne
Feb 27, 2011 Nora-adrienne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
Grey Zone
By: Clea Simon
Publisher: Severn House
Copyright – April 2011

When a student goes missing, and a professor ends up dead, Dulcie Schwartz realizes that midterms are going to be worse than ever. If only Mr. Grey, her beloved feline ghost, would lend a hand, at least with that rambunctious kitten.

Dulcie is in the middle of trying to get her Thesis looking into a 200 year old Gothic Mystery which she must whip into good enough shape to show to her thesis advisor. She’s also looking for time t
Deborah Darsie
This series as an audio book rocks! Especially with the narrator on this package - she does individual characters incredibly well. I have picked up 2 of the other Dulcie books and it will be interesting to see if they are as fun to actually read as they are to listen to.

Dulcie is a rather naive grad student and her group of friends are interesting character studies of 'types'.
Sharon
Jan 26, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I *should* have liked this book more: interested in literature (tick); lost a much loved pet/love animals (tick); love crime/mystery books (tick) but for some reason I found Grey Zone incredibly hard to get through. Good ending but it wasn't as engaging as I'd hoped.
Lynda
Jan 10, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it
The relationships that Dulcie has with her cats, both spirit and physical cats, is very endearing and helps to make Dulcie's flaws acceptable. Dulcie is a very relatable character and the stories are light and digestible. Good, breezy read with just the right amount of emotional investment.
February Four
The trials and tribulations of an academic! The story worked, though. On to the next one.
Nikki
I recently realized that I have not been reading this series in order, as is my usual practice. Kindle to the rescue, and immediate gratification of my desire to read #3. Dulcie Schwartz is still mourning her cat Mr. Grey, although she has a new kitten at home. Her roommate is in love and not home much, her boyfriend is working late hours at the computer lab, and her new advisor has strong doubts about some of her thesis ideas. Add to that a missing student and a dead professor, and nasty wintry ...more
Mary Lou
Its very comfortable to join Dulcie and Esme for a quick read. I worry tho that she does nt get on with her thesis. Looking forward to another.
Susan Hill
Gave up on page 30 - couldn't get into it somehow. Perhaps too American for me
Mary
Feb 27, 2015 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book between a cat (Deceased) and his master. New kitten and weird murders in the college.
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2017
Rosemary Dunten
Rosemary Dunten rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Amy Bradley
Mar 26, 2017 Amy Bradley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Working with a new thesis advisor, Dulcie encounters obstacles as he dismisses her theories on why the author of The Ravages of Umbria seemed to have disappeared after 1794.

She also feels responsible when a girl who had dropped out of one of her sections goes missing. And then a psychology prof falls to his death outside the new building.

Sexual harassment, ethics, and more delving into historical sources swirl around as Dulcie tries to support her students, her former student - and satisfy her
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2011
Pj
Pj rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Armanda Moncton
Armanda Moncton rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2012
David
David rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Clea Simon
Dec 15, 2011 Clea Simon rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Vicki Gooding
Vicki Gooding rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
edna garland
edna garland rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2011
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Carolyn Mcnulty
Carolyn Mcnulty rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Jean
Jean rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2015
Nan St.Michael
Nan St.Michael rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Clea Simon is the author of the upcoming "World Enough," a rock 'n' roll noir. Her "As Dark As My Fur," the second Blackie and Care mystery, is just out now, following "The Ninth Life," in the adventures of the pink-haired Care and the black feral cat who loves her. In addition to these darker books, she is also the author of the Dulcie Schwartz feline mysteries, the Pru Marlowe pet noir mysteries ...more
More about Clea Simon...

Dulcie Schwartz (10 books)
  • Shades of Grey (Dulcie Schwartz, #1)
  • Grey Matters (Dulcie Schwartz, #2)
  • Grey Expectations (Dulcie Schwartz, #4)
  • True Grey (Dulcie Schwartz, #5)
  • Grey Dawn (Dulcie Schwartz, #6)
  • Grey Howl (Dulcie Schwartz, #7)
  • Stages of Grey (Dulcie Schwartz, #8)
  • Code Grey (Dulcie Schwartz, #9)
  • Into the Grey (Dulcie Schwartz, #10)