Start by marking “The Hot Floor” as Want to Read:
The Hot Floor

The Hot Floor

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,518 Ratings  ·  236 Reviews
Two plus one equals scorching hot fun.

Dumped by his boyfriend and reduced to living in a grotty bedsit, Josh Carpenter has gotten used to expecting the worst. Now he lives only for his job as a glassblower…and occasional glimpses of his sexy downstairs neighbors, Rai Nakamura and Evan Truman.

Every time he overhears the diminutive academic and the hunky plumber having lou
Published September 25th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Floor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hot Floor

More by Sloan Parker911 by Chris OwenDark Horse by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CárdenasOut of the Darkness by Kate Sherwood
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
13th out of 360 books — 623 voters
911 by Chris OwenMore by Sloan ParkerBound by Law by S.E. JakesThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CárdenasDark Horse by Kate Sherwood
Best Gay 3 Ways
13th out of 188 books — 233 voters

More lists with this book...

☆ Todd
Apr 13, 2016 ☆ Todd rated it really liked it

Okay, so I finally got around to reading this one, which I'd had for quite a while, and must confess that I have no idea why I'd held off this long.

I mean, MENAGE, hello! Right?

It was fun, flirty and sexy, with more heart than actual feels. Times three.

It had plenty of hot scenes and was slow burn enough relationship-wise to keep me wanting more.

If I had to choose one thing about the story that I'd change, it would be more actual talking between the three MC's about their true feelings as thi
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

Josh is completely smitten with his downstair neighbors Rai and Evan. It doesn't help that every time he spends time with his best friend Denise (who lives one floor below the men) he can hear them having kinky, noisy sex that pounds the walls. He longs for a piece of what they have -- a great relationship, unspoken communication -- and the daily reminder of the two hot men becomes the focal point of his fantasies after a disappointing relationship history. T
Lisa Henry
Sep 26, 2012 Lisa Henry rated it really liked it
Shelves: phwoar, m-m-m
How much fun was this? And how hot was this? Those are rhetorical questions, BTW, because this book was fun and also hot.

Josh's ex-boyfriend told him that he was boring in bed. Which just shows that the ex-boyfriend must have had no skills, because when Josh gets the chance to have some fun with his neighbours Rai and Evan, nobody's complaining. Also, the way Josh literally falls into the boys' life: hilarious.

I'm always a bit wary of menages -- just because it's easy to lose people in a crowd
Catherine
***4.25 Stars ***

I really don't know how Two Years Ago Me found this book in any way boring - it was full of fun and heart and communication and so, so much delicious dirty talk. I loved it!
Susan
Oct 22, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, mm
BR with my lady Marte

This was such a great MMM book. Very funny, very English.

Josh lives in this tiny apartment and has been enjoying the show every night of his two neighbors getting it on. He has heard rumors that his neighbors Rai and Evan occasionally invite a third person to their bed, but he’s doesn’t think they will be interested in him.

That is until he takes a bath and crashes through the floor right into the bathroom of his hot neighbors.

Crack!
The whole bath shifted in a way that ba
Josephine Myles
Dec 31, 2012 Josephine Myles added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Update: There's a free 5000 word Christmas special featuring The Hot Floor guys over on my blog. You can find it here. Be warned, it's pure smut!

Why did I write this book? Okay, I'll admit it's partly because of the sheer hotness that is three men together, but there's more than that. I wanted to create a menage relationship that could really work. So many times when I read m/m/m romances there seem to be insurmountable problems ahead, and instead of the HEA I crave, I find myself left worried t
Jenre
Sep 19, 2012 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Well, lookey here. An m/m/m book written by one of my favourite authors. How could I resist?

There are two things I'm looking for in an m/m/m book. Firstly, I like there to be an honest look at the feelings of the men involved in such a relationship. Three way sex is kinky and fun, but there's a step up from a light frolic with two other men, to something serious and long term. By the end of an m/m/m romance story I have to be convinced that the relationship is going to work, and have seen some d
Jewel
Apr 08, 2016 Jewel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed The Hot Floor. It was sweet and hot and altogether delicious!
Chris
Sep 23, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, gay, done, arc, menage, ebook, 2012
4.5 stars. Very good m/m/m romance about a glassblower who's attracted to the couple living downstairs from him. As they become friends, his attraction only increases, but he respects their rule about not getting involved with people they see all the time. And then things change in a flood of surprising circumstances...
Hannah
3.75 stars.

The characters in the (admittedly few) m/m/m stories I have read usually seem to fall into two categories. Either the three men involved are too underdeveloped to distinguish from each other, or the author takes such pains to draw attention to their differences that they end up as caricatures. In The Hot Floor, Josephine Myles doesn't fall into either of those traps. Josh, Rai, and Evan are distinct, multi-dimensional characters who form a believable three-way partnership. The progre
Sara
Hoo boy! This was indeed a hot story that I should not have read at my desk. Hello? Red head with fair skin and no poker face. Wow. *fans self*

This book…I have been tip toeing my way into the realm of m/m/m lately and it intrigues me to no end. Not only does the imagery of three men together sound beyond sexy and amazing but I have always been curious as to how a ménage works, not mechanical but emotionally. What drives it and how can the day to day functionality out of the bedroom work? Ms. Myl
Maya
Sep 07, 2012 Maya rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
The Hot Floor by Josephine Myles
4 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Dear sweet, blushing Josh. He really hasn’t gotten past being told that he was boring in bed as he was being dumped by his boyfriend. It’s been six months, and despite one pathetic drunken hook up, he hasn’t had sex at all. He is living in a poorly partitioned and flimsily constructed apartment house. He has a job that he really loves, a good boss and his best friend Denise but he is lonely and feels like he is missin
Heller
4.5

Loved this.

What a delightful surprise this book was for me. Josh Carpenter is a glassblower who was recently dumped by his boyfriend, forcing him to move into a small attic conversion to make ends meet. Once moved in he begins crushing on his downstairs neighbors Rai Nakamura and Evan Truman. Rai and Evan are an established couple who occasionally invite a third to play with them but they have very firm ground rules, no one they work with and no one they live near, these rules exist so that
Chelsea
Re-read July 2015

Loved this so much the second time round. So funny with just a little bit of light kink: spanking, humiliation and bonagde. Sooooo HOT!! and the relationships still felt real and realistic.

Original review:

This was my first m/m/m novel. i have read plenty of m/m/f menages and usually those involve bi sexual men who need a menage to feel happy and complete, so i was interested to see how this this would go.

It did not disappoint. Evan and Rai had a good relationship and did not ne
Kaje Harper
Oct 01, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing
This book just hit all the right notes for me. Josh is shy and self-doubting after being dumped by his last boyfriend for being "boring in bed," but his essential sweetness comes though clearly. He can't help both envying and lusting after the couple one floor down, Evan and Rai. They are a wonderful study in contrasts, each sexy and interesting in his own way, and when Josh hears from his best friend that they have had three-ways in the past he can't help but picture it. Still it's nothing but ...more
DarienMoya
~MENAGE AND A JAPANESE CHARACTER. IT HAD ME AT HELLO!!~

4.5

There’s nothing that gets me more excited than a ménage, and when you throw a Japanese character into it O_O well… I just about lose my mind. The Hot Floor felt like it was written for me cus it embodies all the things I love to read. I am pretty much easy to please, but I do know what I want to read about in order to make a trias relationship work. I think the author did a really good and I can believe in their HEA.

Whenever Josh hang
T.J.
Sep 29, 2012 T.J. rated it really liked it

For the first time, this book gave my very favorite m/m/m book, The Strongest Shape by Tessa Cardenas, a run for it's money. It really is that good. Smutty, angsty (but not overwhelmingly so) and delicious (Evan. Seriously. Evan is the best), I was thrilled with The Hot Floor because it seemed realistic, which is something I find lacking in most menage books. And the best part? The humor. This book was funny, in a so very British kind of way. Excellent.
Emma Sea
Mar 29, 2013 Emma Sea rated it really liked it
This was my Friday Night Decompression Read, for which I wanted hot slutty sex, no non-con, no slaves, and no meaningful content. It totally delivered. Squeeable hotness. Evan's and Rai's dirty talk was particularly enjoyable.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
10/2014
I am happy to report this has stood the test of time - I originally read in 2012 and have read many mm / mmm tales since then and I enjoyed it just as much if not more this time around.

Has just the right amount of kink, humor and sexin'. Who could resist even-tempered bear Evan, kinky nerd Rai and Josh who is still trying to find the way to happiness and Rai and Evan are just who he'd like to show him the road to pleasure.

They get to be friends before lovers and each have their own chara
Feliz
Sep 26, 2012 Feliz rated it really liked it
Yes, hot indeed--lots of sex in this, and a flamboyant toppy bottom, a protective bear and a lonely heart....
Also, the three of them got to have the most creative way of getting together EVER

The three leads were beautifully drawn, but I also liked all the supportive characters, recognizably painted in only a few bold strokes each. I missed the house community by the end, though, would've wished for a few sentences about what became of them after having gotten so invested with them.

This was BDSM
Dee
Dec 16, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it
A solid 4 stars

I don't like menage stories. Except now apparently I do. Alot. This was bloody good and I can only be thankful to winning a giveaway on http://boymeetsboyreviews.blogspot.co... for making me actually pick this book - because I doubt I'd have ever bought it and read it otherwise. Even liking Josephine Myles I didn't think I would enjoy this that much, but I was wrong to be distrustful - you would think I'd learn my lesson after my earler Anya Byrne debacle, but no.
So when I won an
Adriana
Ménage + Josephine Myles? I (YOU) need this!
____________________________

OH MY GOD!
Josephine Myles you're a master!
This book is everything I like wrapped up and the hottest cover on top.
I loved that this is all from Josh POV, this made the book more real, you are inside Josh's mind and, with the author writing, you feel what he feels.
The three MC's are so hot in their own way: Kai the little Japanese nerd (toppy) bottom, Evan the BIG (-raises brow- if you know what I mean!) hot plumber bear and J
Vivian
Dec 17, 2012 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp, own
Earthy, amusing and more than a few hints at kinky. Sweet story chronicling how two become three. A few missteps, some insecurities and a less than stellar communications make clear just how complicated polyamory can be.

Evan is the brawny blue collar Northern who is calm and steady.

Rai is the excitable, go-for-it academic who likes to mastermind a bit of carnal play.

Josh is the outsider wishing he could find a lover he could really connect with and more than just a bit jealous of the sweet and s
RB Martin
Jul 18, 2014 RB Martin rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-that-was-blah
I was reading this while in a train going home and I was like...
description

3 guys. What can go wrong, right? Sure, some moments were hot that earned me some semi, but that's it. The cover is hot though.

The story was flat.
The characters were okay.
The writing... eh.
I almost DNFd it. so..
Bev
Really enjoyed this menage romp set in the lovely city of Bath. 4.5 stars and

Shortie review.....many books, no time. This is the story of what happens when Josh's bath goes through the floor of his flat into the flat of the two guys below, Rai and Evan. Loved it, and highly recommended.
Jess Candela
Mar 17, 2014 Jess Candela rated it really liked it
This book was almost painful to read, with all my cringing and aching for Josh's anxiety and ineptness, but it also worked for me for the same reasons. I liked how Rai and Evan helped draw him out and become more fully himself, and I thought the three of them worked well together. I especially liked that it was a friendship that developed into something more.

However, that also led to the one thing I wasn't thrilled with at the end. For all that they had become a threesome and were trying to make
Heidi Cullinan
Oct 05, 2012 Heidi Cullinan rated it it was amazing
Freaking loved this book. A real triad, and I totally bought it. Hot sex but made me go awww too. Felt like a happy little marshmallow when I was done: win.
Karen
Mar 26, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
I really enjoyed this story. It was to say the least smokin' hot! I've read a few menage stories and like all books some are better than others, this was definitely one of the better than stories.

Josh is already full of insecurities and getting dumped by Kenny did nothing to alleviate any of them, then along come Evan and Rai a couple who seemed to totally have it together, or did they? They understood each other and in some ways were so in sync with one another but still something was missing
Awilk -never sleeps-
This has to be my favourite menage story. I loved the British humour. I loved how it reminded me of playing games with my large family (I have 7 siblings) and most of all, I adored how it reminded me of the time I spent living in England. I especially loved how the three men were all so different from each other.

We had Josh, so insecure about his own worth and attractiveness. Rai, such a sweet, bubbly, bossy bottom. Lastly there is Evan. The well muscled plumber, who, if he was real, would make
Shelby
A middle of the road kind of book for me. I certainly enjoyed the read, liked the characters and all, but it’s definitely got a little PWP vibe going throughout. I will probably round this 3.5 stars book up to 4 stars for the GR rating since I did have fun with it.

Josh Carpenter never had much confidence to begin with, but now having had his bedroom skills called into question while being dumped by his boyfriend and forced to move into a tiny little attic flat his confidence is at an all time lo
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • Out Of Focus
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1)
  • The Strongest Shape
  • Beyond Complicated
  • More (More, #1)
  • Golden Dancer
  • What We Deserve
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)
  • Three's Company
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Soft Focus
English through and through, Josephine Myles is addicted to tea and busy cultivating a reputation for eccentricity. She writes gay erotica and romance, but finds the erotica keeps cuddling up to the romance, and the romance keeps corrupting the erotica. She blames her rebellious muse but he never listens to her anyway, no matter how much she threatens him with a big stick. She's beginning to suspe ...more
More about Josephine Myles...

“might not be able to tell them I loved them, but I could do my best to show them, and maybe, just maybe, they’d notice. Maybe they’d even love me back, after a fashion.” 3 likes
“You okay, chuck?”
I nodded, or tried to, anyway. To be honest, I was pretty confused and disorientated. The three thoughts circling round my head were How was I going to get to my toilet now?, Oh my God, I can see Evan’s cock! and Did Rai just say he wanted untying?
1 likes