Start by marking “Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn, #3)

Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  11 reviews
If it's not one thing, it's another.

Felipe, one of New Orleans's most infamous--and crazy--vampires is back in town. And to say he's unhappy is an understatement.

Duprees and Williams have to track down Felipe, fast, before he claims any more victims. If that means making a deal with the Devil--otherwise known as St. Germaine--and using an untrained dhampir, so be it.

If tha...more
Published May 9th 2013 (first published June 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Blood

Stacy

This is a fun series. Each installment adds a new element to the series and SHADES OF BLOOD adds more then one.

Jude is getting more pregnant with the twins and I cant wait for them to finally come. I love that each book reveals a little more about the "bumps" although now they are known by name. The twists that come concerning them in SHADES OF BLOOD is a doozy. I don't think I really expected what was revealed, but I was not overly shocked when I found out. There is a brief relationship problem...more
Shandy
Once again Ms Pruitt pulled me into Jude's world. I was enthralled with the plot, swept along as the action played out. As Jude dealt with everything not only her personnel stuff, but the people living with her and the newest vampire threat. I have to say I totally saw were the twin thing was going. I had a feeling as soon as it was announced in book two. Any way a lot of loose ends were tied up in this book. Elizabeth and Rain seem to be finally on the right track. Although little Celia tugged...more
Tash
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

This book directly continues where Shades of Blood left off. It’s a couple of months later, and Jude is more pregnant then ever when she realizes something about the twins she is carrying that leaves Theo and William in a spin. She doesn’t have time to process it as there is a new vampire in town, Felipe, who is the story of legends and commonly referred to in those vampire tours that recount tales of legends and myths.

Felipe wa...more
A.R. Von
Another good book from L.M. Pruitt! It picked right up where it left off in Shades of Gray. While the book is not packed with sex it has a touch of sensuality that adds to the forming relationships. It continued to be unpredictable, exciting, fun, funny, gruesome and downright startling at times. All of it combined made for a book that one could not put down until the very end.

Jude is still leading the Covenant and still in a relationship with Theo. They seem to be very happy (well Jude and Theo...more
Jackie
Shades of Blood is the third book in L.M Pruitt’s Jude Magdalyn series. I have totally fallen in love with this series and this book is no exception. In Shades of Blood, we finally get some answers that have been perpetuated through the series, but like any good writer of a series she still left us with a whole lot of questions. I still love the love triangle of Williams, Jude and Theo. Even though by the end of the book it is kinda resolved, but I think like the Twilight love triangle it will a...more
Barbara
Feb 15, 2014 Barbara marked it as to-read
Fantastic! I can't wait to start book 4.
Beverly
My thoughts:
Another great story by L.M. Pruitt! Action, adventure, romance, good vs. evil - a little bit of everything that makes a reader thrilled to keep turning the pages. The characters are wonderful! The relationships are tricky and endearing. The interaction between the characters keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. The reality of "the bumps" is an intriguing twist! I can't wait for more!
Jessica

I like this series and the host of characters it has. This book was good as far as story line, but there were so many typos and awkward transitions that the story was lost. The best part of this book was the Epilogue. I look forward to seeing what happens next. I just hope that the books spends more time in the hands of an editor before being released to the public.
John
More twists than a bag of pretzels. The magic and mayhem continues in the latest Jude Magdalyn installment. Meet a new villain and visit some old friends. Highly entertaining.
Dolly
I rated this 4.5 Stars

See my full review at puretextuality.com
Kim
More please!! I want to know the twins' story. A very engaging read.
Winnie
Winnie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Brandon Tegan
Brandon Tegan marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Geri Wendell
Geri Wendell marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tressa
Tressa marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Jaime Larousse
Jaime Larousse marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
4320796
L.M. Pruitt has been reading since before she can remember, and writing nearly as long. She fell in love with New Orleans after spending one week there, and visits the city as often as her schedule permits--which isn't nearly often enough. She is the best selling author of the Jude Magdalyn series, the Moon Rising series, the Frankie Post series, and the Winged series. She makes her home in Florid...more
More about L.M. Pruitt...
Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1) Winged (Winged, #1) Shades of Desire (Jude Magdalyn, #2) New Moon Rising (Moon Rising, #1) Uprising (Winged, #2)