Start by marking “Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn, #3)

Shades of Blood (Jude Magdalyn #3)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
If it's not one thing, it's another.

Felipe, one of New Orleans's most infamous--and crazy--vampires is back in town. And to say he's unhappy is an understatement.

Duprees and Williams have to track down Felipe, fast, before he claims any more victims. If that means making a deal with the Devil--otherwise known as St. Germaine--and using an untrained dhampir, so be it.

If tha
Published May 9th 2013 (first published June 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shades of Blood

Debbie
Jun 16, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it
Independednt reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock.

This is book 3, read books one, Shades of Gray and two, Shades of Desire before reading this one.

I am, unfortunately, losing interest in these. The first book was full of hints of the future, none of which have been pulled off yet. there was a deadth of Jude's best friend in book one, but it takes til book three to for Judeto express any sorrow at her passing.

Jude herself is beginning to grate on my nerves, and her wit and humou
Maghon Thomas
Jul 19, 2015 Maghon Thomas rated it it was amazing
Well, wow. So, Jude is still pregnant but it's not much now. We meet our lovely little ladies through name only for now, but it's amazing to see Jude growing with them. And there's this mind blowing spin, which I must say I had an inkling since book one, but I never expected the author to do. And this time, it leaves both Theo and Williams also mind blown trying to pick up the pieces for Jude. And Felipe, a vampire from the past, has come back to the present, but he's not killing people, he's ki ...more
Stacy
Aug 18, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it

This is a fun series. Each installment adds a new element to the series and SHADES OF BLOOD adds more then one.

Jude is getting more pregnant with the twins and I cant wait for them to finally come. I love that each book reveals a little more about the "bumps" although now they are known by name. The twists that come concerning them in SHADES OF BLOOD is a doozy. I don't think I really expected what was revealed, but I was not overly shocked when I found out. There is a brief relationship problem
Tash
Sep 17, 2014 Tash rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

This book directly continues where Shades of Blood left off. It’s a couple of months later, and Jude is more pregnant then ever when she realizes something about the twins she is carrying that leaves Theo and William in a spin. She doesn’t have time to process it as there is a new vampire in town, Felipe, who is the story of legends and commonly referred to in those vampire tours that recount tales of legends and myths.

Felipe wa
A.R. Von
Sep 11, 2012 A.R. Von rated it really liked it
Another good book from L.M. Pruitt! It picked right up where it left off in Shades of Gray. While the book is not packed with sex it has a touch of sensuality that adds to the forming relationships. It continued to be unpredictable, exciting, fun, funny, gruesome and downright startling at times. All of it combined made for a book that one could not put down until the very end.

Jude is still leading the Covenant and still in a relationship with Theo. They seem to be very happy (well Jude and Theo
Jackie
Dec 12, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Shades of Blood is the third book in L.M Pruitt’s Jude Magdalyn series. I have totally fallen in love with this series and this book is no exception. In Shades of Blood, we finally get some answers that have been perpetuated through the series, but like any good writer of a series she still left us with a whole lot of questions. I still love the love triangle of Williams, Jude and Theo. Even though by the end of the book it is kinda resolved, but I think like the Twilight love triangle it will a ...more
Barbara
Feb 15, 2014 Barbara marked it as to-read
Fantastic! I can't wait to start book 4.
Beverly
Sep 13, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
Another great story by L.M. Pruitt! Action, adventure, romance, good vs. evil - a little bit of everything that makes a reader thrilled to keep turning the pages. The characters are wonderful! The relationships are tricky and endearing. The interaction between the characters keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. The reality of "the bumps" is an intriguing twist! I can't wait for more!
Fuzziekit
Jan 14, 2016 Fuzziekit rated it liked it
Shelves: on-the-list
This is book three in the series and what I would refer to as a good middle or filler book.
It has been some time since I have read the first two so I was not as "up on events" as I probably should be, however, I was able to keep pace because of the formula of the storyline.
Not one of my favorite books or book seirseries in this urban/fantasy genera but still a fun read.
Jessica
Sep 18, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it

I like this series and the host of characters it has. This book was good as far as story line, but there were so many typos and awkward transitions that the story was lost. The best part of this book was the Epilogue. I look forward to seeing what happens next. I just hope that the books spends more time in the hands of an editor before being released to the public.
John
Jul 09, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
More twists than a bag of pretzels. The magic and mayhem continues in the latest Jude Magdalyn installment. Meet a new villain and visit some old friends. Highly entertaining.
Dolly
Jan 04, 2013 Dolly rated it really liked it
I rated this 4.5 Stars

See my full review at puretextuality.com
Kim
Apr 13, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
More please!! I want to know the twins' story. A very engaging read.
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Shantie
Shantie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Rebekah Hayes-champagne
Rebekah Hayes-champagne rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Chris
Chris added it
Feb 05, 2016
jennifer thompson
jennifer thompson rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Lindey Robbins
Lindey Robbins rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 05, 2015
Leanne
Leanne rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Eimuttyte
Eimuttyte marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
alan birch/deborah j birch
alan birch/deborah j birch rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Katie Paceley
Katie Paceley rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Nightwolves Siren's Song (The Nightwolves, #3)
  • Kinetic (The Kinetic Trilogy #1)
  • A Different Life (Beasts of Forever, #2)
  • A Heart For The Ocean (Serenity, #1)
  • Love Unbroken (Love, Life, & Happiness, #1)
  • Secrets: Volume 14
  • Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
  • The Mustard Seeds
  • The Hidden Rune Of Iron (Spellcrackers.com #5)
  • Wicked Surrender (The Kategan Alphas, #3)
  • The New Alpha
  • Dead Surround (Julia Poe Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • Sword & Blood: The Vampire Musketeers
  • Dark Magic (Magic #5)
  • Gwen Reaper
4320796
L.M. Pruitt has been reading since before she can remember, and writing nearly as long. She fell in love with New Orleans after spending one week there, and visits the city as often as her schedule permits--which isn't nearly often enough. She is the best selling author of the Jude Magdalyn series, the Moon Rising series, the Frankie Post series, and the Winged series. She makes her home in Florid ...more
More about L.M. Pruitt...

Jude Magdalyn (5 books)
  • Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1)
  • Shades of Desire (Jude Magdalyn, #2)
  • Shades of Loss: A Jude Magdalyn Novella (Jude Magdalyn, #4)
  • Shades of Vengeance (Jude Magdalyn Book 5)