Start by marking “Call Me Drog” as Want to Read:
Call Me Drog

Call Me Drog

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  26 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A moving coming-of-age story, Call Me Drog tells the story of Parker, an eleven-year-old boy who discovers Drog, an ugly green puppet left in the rubbish. Curious, Parker tries the puppet on…and to his horror discovers he cannot take it off. “Call Me Drog!” commands the anarchic puppet but before long, boisterous Drog is leading mild-mannered Parker into all sorts of troub ...more
Paperback, UK Edition, 317 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Usborne

To ask other readers questions about Call Me Drog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call Me Drog

Mas'ud Khan
Jul 25, 2013 Mas'ud Khan rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story. I got it for my daughter (8 years old at the time) and decided to read it too. Very funny, clever, a satisfying and easy read! Great book for pre-teens upwards.
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Dec 28, 2013 Jenny / Wondrous Reads rated it really liked it
Call Me Drog is an unusual, understated middle grade book that I ended up really enjoying. It's quirky and heartfelt, mixing a serious plot with a crazy, hilarious twist - a talking puppet!

Eleven-year-old Parker is shy and quiet, and is doing his best to get through his parents' divorce. Everything is going ok until he finds a puppet at a junk yard - a puppet with a name and a voice! Soon Drog shows himself for the outspoken, rude person he is, and an unlikely quasi-friendship is born.

Although
Katy Noyes
Oct 25, 2012 Katy Noyes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Boy finds puppet at the dump. Boy puts puppet on his hand. As you do. Puppet not only won't come off but starts talking to Boy! And he's rude and horrible.

Funny premise. Parker's family and friends are rather surprised when 'Parker' starts saying things he wouldn't ordinarily say. They attribute it to anger at his father for divorcing his mother and starting a new family. His best friend Wren doesn't believe it's the puppet talking. He gets in trouble with the school bullies. But Parker also fi
Jonathan Cabezas
Jan 01, 2015 Jonathan Cabezas rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5 stars.

Favorite Quote: N/A.
Sadly, it was not memorable enough for me to have a quote to mention.

While some parts of the read where really good, I did have trouble with the majority of it because I couldn't connect to me main character which in the end made it really hard for me to finish the book. The ending didn't really made much for the story as, at least I, saw it coming given the type of book that this is; I don't know whether or not I would recommend it.

For a middle grade book,
Adele Broadbent
Jun 20, 2015 Adele Broadbent rated it liked it
Parker and his friend Wren are in a junkyard when Parker spots an ugly puppet amongst the rubbish. Wren doesn’t like the look of it, but Parker decides to take it home. But when he tries it on his hand, it won’t come off. ‘Call me Drog,’ it says and Parker’s struggle with Drog begins.

He is stuck with this sarcastic, nasty creature and no-one believes that he speaks or is stuck on his hand. Wren is mad at him, his teacher’s think he is subconsciously dealing with his parent’s divorce and his mum
GreekGeek
Mar 22, 2015 GreekGeek rated it did not like it
Shelves: for-nobody
THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY IDIOTIC!!!!!
------SPOILER ALERT---------
I mean there is this one idiot called Parker who finds this shitty talking glove or hand puppet or whateve and the author drones on and on about the 'relationship' they develop. Some parts are really irrelevant like the aikido part or he wren-is-not-my-gilfriend-anymore part. And in the last part, if just by googling he could get rid of the puppet, why didn't he do it earlier? why obey his command and do adult stuff(really)? i could go
Lana Baldwin
Oct 17, 2012 Lana Baldwin rated it it was amazing
This a REALLY great book!
and i will reveal one thing: its about a boy who gets a rude and annoying puppet stuck on his hand that talks!!!
eventhough i might say this is a childs book i think any one of any age could read it or get it read to them!
although this may be a tiny bit scary for people under the age of 5 but not realy!
yet another usbourne book and a really good one!
i really, really, really, really, really recomend this to everyone!
and one more thing i think i have to say - you HAVE to re
Library Quine
Aug 18, 2012 Library Quine rated it really liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction
This is an odd story about a very odd puppet character and a strange situation. The boy, who cannot rid himself of the puppet, learns some interesting lessons about friendship and parentental relationships.
Mark Jones
Jun 25, 2012 Mark Jones rated it it was amazing
This story is as freaky as it sounds but don't let that put you off. It's funny, exciting, thought provoking and scary in a 'I've got a talking put stuck on my hand' kind of way. Well worth a read, even if you're 32 like me.
Sophie Clements
Dec 03, 2014 Sophie Clements rated it it was amazing
Call me Drog is one of my favourite books I find that the story is just really interesting and I recommend it to anyone it isn't to hard for kids to understand and some adults might enjoy it I think because it is a really good book and it has a great story
Alison
Dec 17, 2013 Alison rated it really liked it
A book deserving of more attention. One I will promote more with students now I have read it myself. Delightful coming of age story.
Qais
Mar 14, 2016 Qais rated it really liked it
Call me a book lover...
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was ok
May 25, 2013
Nayaab
Nayaab rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Arya Amalraj
Arya Amalraj rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Kirsty John
Kirsty John rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Michela
Michela rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Yamila Morales
Yamila Morales rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2017
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Miriam
Miriam rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Janani Gajendran
Janani Gajendran rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Sue Cowing
Nov 03, 2012 Sue Cowing marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sui Ling
Sui Ling marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Neha
Neha marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Sanchit Bhandari
Sanchit Bhandari marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Michael Brown
Michael Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Nida
Nida marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Duaa Maqsooda
Duaa Maqsooda marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Muhammad Ramiq
Muhammad Ramiq marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Anant Sharma
Anant Sharma marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Mohit
Mohit marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2017