Call Me Drog

Call Me Drog

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A moving coming-of-age story, Call Me Drog tells the story of Parker, an eleven-year-old boy who discovers Drog, an ugly green puppet left in the rubbish. Curious, Parker tries the puppet on…and to his horror discovers he cannot take it off. “Call Me Drog!” commands the anarchic puppet but before long, boisterous Drog is leading mild-mannered Parker into all sorts of troub...more
Paperback, UK Edition, 317 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Usborne

To ask other readers questions about Call Me Drog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call Me Drog

Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Call Me Drog is an unusual, understated middle grade book that I ended up really enjoying. It's quirky and heartfelt, mixing a serious plot with a crazy, hilarious twist - a talking puppet!

Eleven-year-old Parker is shy and quiet, and is doing his best to get through his parents' divorce. Everything is going ok until he finds a puppet at a junk yard - a puppet with a name and a voice! Soon Drog shows himself for the outspoken, rude person he is, and an unlikely quasi-friendship is born.

Although...more
Katy Noyes
Boy finds puppet at the dump. Boy puts puppet on his hand. As you do. Puppet not only won't come off but starts talking to Boy! And he's rude and horrible.

Funny premise. Parker's family and friends are rather surprised when 'Parker' starts saying things he wouldn't ordinarily say. They attribute it to anger at his father for divorcing his mother and starting a new family. His best friend Wren doesn't believe it's the puppet talking. He gets in trouble with the school bullies. But Parker also fi...more
Lana Baldwin
This a REALLY great book!
and i will reveal one thing: its about a boy who gets a rude and annoying puppet stuck on his hand that talks!!!
eventhough i might say this is a childs book i think any one of any age could read it or get it read to them!
although this may be a tiny bit scary for people under the age of 5 but not realy!
yet another usbourne book and a really good one!
i really, really, really, really, really recomend this to everyone!
and one more thing i think i have to say - you HAVE to re...more
Mark Jones
This story is as freaky as it sounds but don't let that put you off. It's funny, exciting, thought provoking and scary in a 'I've got a talking put stuck on my hand' kind of way. Well worth a read, even if you're 32 like me.
Library Quine
This is an odd story about a very odd puppet character and a strange situation. The boy, who cannot rid himself of the puppet, learns some interesting lessons about friendship and parentental relationships.
Mas'ud Khan
Wonderful story. I got it for my daughter (8 years old at the time) and decided to read it too. Very funny, clever, a satisfying and easy read! Great book for pre-teens upwards.
Alison
A book deserving of more attention. One I will promote more with students now I have read it myself. Delightful coming of age story.
Sanchit Bhandari
Sanchit Bhandari marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Neha
Neha marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Sui Ling
Sui Ling marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Sue Cowing
Nov 03, 2012 Sue Cowing marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
You Will Call Me Drog (Carolrhoda) My Dog Has Flies: Poetry for Hawaii's Kids Fire in the Sea: An Anthology of Poetry and Art Collins Readers � Call Me Drog [School Edition]