Forget Me Never

Forget Me Never

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Did she jump or was she pushed? A compulsively page-turning thriller, with true-to-life protagonists and a gripping denouement.

When Sophie's cousin Danielle dies after a fall from her balcony, the police dismiss her death as suicide. She had broken up with her boyfriend and had suffered from depression in the past. Sophie isn't so sure, however, and when she finds a memory...more
Published September 27th 2012 by Macmillan Children's Books

Nicola Fantom
Wow I absolutely loved this book, I certainly be looking out for more by this author.

Sophie visits her cousin Dani with her best friend Reece, one weekend, who lives in Bournemouth. She loves to visit her and has a close relationship with her. However all that is about to change very suddenly. Her cousin Dani is found dead in an apparent suicide that very same weekend. So begins Sophies quest for the truth and the unraveling of a very dark conspiracy.

Dani works for a very big pharmecutical comp...more
Tammy
2.5 - 3 stars. For the most part, Forget Me Never is quite enjoyable. The criminal aspect was something I found rather refreshing and will definitely have be reading more within a sub-genre that I think, could really do well for YA.

Preliminary thoughts (Full review to come later)

Written from two points of view (Reece and Sophie), the book made for a rather quick read. The biggest problem for me was that the various things that happened within the novel were almost too neat and convenient.

Charac...more
Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)
Review can be found at: www.the-reading-pile.blogspot.co.uk

I cannot explain how happy I was when I found out that Gina was releasing another book! Sure, it wasn't happy it wasn't a sequel to Pretty Twisted ( ;) ) BUT! I was super happy that she was writing another one! And what an amazing concept!

As soon as I read the first chapter over at mykindabook I knew I was going to love this book, and sure enough I did! I really loved the concept of this book, and it was really enjoyable to read.

Unsurpr...more
Nina Higson-Sweeney
I wasn't sure whether to pick up this book or not. Blaxill's debut novel, Pretty Twisted, was an interesting quick-read, but also very forgettable - I was worried that this would be exactly the same, despite the interesting concept. And maybe I really should have listened to my gut-instinct, because Forget Me Never was just as forgettable as the last.

Sophie's cousin Dani has committed suicide - or so everyone is lead to believe. But not Sophie. Hours before her "suicide", Sophie had been with he...more
Maria
A book which makes you eager to know more and wanting to find out the truth!

We follow Sophie through many adventure as she prepares to face reality in a quest to find out what really happened to her Cousin, Danielle, because she couldn’t really have committed suicide… could she? As I read the many ordeals she had to face, I myself felt her hunger for the truth and wanted to finish the book quickly because I had no patience in waiting! Sophie also has to deal with friend Reece and her feelings fo...more
Iffath
I've been excited for Gina Blaxill's new book since I read her debut, Pretty Twisted and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately is wasn't everything I hoped it would be.

I really liked the idea, but I don't know, it didn't stand out to me. The whole idea of it was fantastic. It's a kind of murder-mystery thing, and I LOVE those, but I don't know if it was executed well enough for me personally. The whole truth about what Sophie's cousin Dani was involved in didn't feel like it was as well, terrible as...more
Pamela Todd
Forget Me Never is one of those really unexpected books that comes along and and whips the rug out of from under you. I expected something completely different and was pleasantly surprised with that I got instead.

When Sophie finds out that her cousin, Danielle, has killed herself, Sophie can’t believe. No, she really can’t believe. Sophie knows her cousin would never do such a thing, and when she finds a memory stick in a pair of her jeans with leading information on it, she knows she can’t let...more
Maya
I didn't really get hooked into Forget Me Never straight away, it took a few chapters before I was engrossed in the story. However, once the pace started to pick up a bit, I became quite absorbed into the book, and found it quite hard to put down. If you like a good murder mystery novel, you'll love Forget Me Never!

The plot itself is pretty clever, with lots of little twists. For a few chapters, I was sure I knew whodunnit, and then there would be a little twist, and I'd be sure that it was som...more
Tyra Strips
An all round okay book though sometimes it can be boring. Murder and suicide? An average plot and with a slightly dull main character makes the book boring.
I didn't like Dani much anyway and isn't the police always wrong in these books? What's-it's-name… her best friend seemed pretty cool but the main character the-name-i-can't-remember just didn't do that much. I guess the book was somewhat realistic but i swear you'd get more than weird looks if you walk into an airport wearing cricket equipme...more
Julie scott
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel it was a real page turner for me. It had great characters, terrific twists and the plot was very clever and kept me on the edge of my seat. it was a great read and I look forward to reading more from Gina Blaxill❤❤❤
Rebecca
I thought the plot of this was promising and I liked having the story told from both Sophie and Reece's point of view, but I felt that the book overall was slightly bland and didn't really live up to the blurb.
Abbie
Gripping and very very interesting! Loved this book
Lorna
Lorna marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Susie Berg
Susie Berg is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Alison Burski
Alison Burski marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Ella
Ella added it
Jun 05, 2014
Chloe♡
Chloe♡ marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Kelly Kelliz
Kelly Kelliz marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Ceri
Ceri marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Gina Blaxill is 24 and lives in North London. She wanted to be an author for a very young age-she started writing properly when she was eight and has not stop since.

Gina has an English degree from Cambridge University and now works in schools liaison, helping teenagers puzzle out the mysteries of higher education.
More about Gina Blaxill...
Pretty Twisted Saving Silence Questo è solo l'inizio