Start by marking “Doubtless (Irresistible Attraction, #2)” as Want to Read:
Doubtless (Irresistible Attraction, #2)

Doubtless (Irresistible Attraction #2)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  53 reviews

On the surface, Steve Campbell seems to have it all: a beautiful home, a snazzy car, and a dream job as one of the country’s top 3-D optics researchers. But underneath, he’s restless and dissatisfied, tired of empty encounters with leggy lab assistants and endless evenings alone.

A chance meeti
Published July 16th 2012 by Riptide Publishing (first published July 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Doubtless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doubtless

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
*sigh*
I blame the blurb. It all sounded so... good. Nice. Great way to spend an hour reading. Whatever.

Here, take a look:
"Loving your best friend is hard . . . especially when he's marrying someone else.

A chance meeting
Emma Sea
Doh, I should have read Adara's spoiler before I bought this! A good story, but not what I was expecting, or what I wanted to read. Not a romance.
Aleksandr Voinov
Not a romance - and it ties into Priceless, examining a minor character.
Adara
This ended up NOT being exactly what I expected, and it was better for that. (view spoiler) Steve finally realizes what was in his heart way too late to do anything about it in one respect, but not all of them. An escort named Dylan (who has a passing resemblance to Connor) helps him see that he can handle the changes. And Connor gives him some of his ...more
Christy Loves 2 Read
I'm just going to put this out there. I didn't like Steve when I met him in the first book of Cat Grant's 'Irresistible Attraction' series. I thought he was a pompous jerk and he wasn't very nice. He might be a brilliant researcher and wonderful at running his and Connor's business, but I thought he had a lot to learn about people skills. Luckily for him the male escort he meets while trying to pick up women, Dylan, thinks he needs a little work, too, and offers to help him out. He has a lot of ...more
L-D
This short was a follow-up to Cat Grant's Priceless. In Priceless, Steve hired Wes, a hooker, for his friend Connor's birthday. I was a little surprised at the premise behind this story, where Steve finally realizes that he's in love with Connor.

I'm not sure how I feel about this story. While I liked it and understood what the author was trying to do, it wasn't a very "feel good" book to me. I don't need to feel good the whole time I'm reading a book, but I would like to feel good by the end. I
Celine
Not usually one for romance novellas, I give this one a try because I wanted a break from the countless YA novels I've been reading lately. My usual complaint is that they contain only sex and no story - but luckily that wasn't the case with Doubtless.

Steve has everything - a big apartment, an expensive car, a great job.. But there is no love in his life. When he encounters a male escort at a bar at night, he learns something about himself.

This novella is short, but sweet. I instantly liked Stev
Christi Snow
My Review:

This is a new publisher and author to me, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book. I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint, but it did surprise me as it is truly a book about Steve's relationship with himself rather than someone else. Although there are romantic encounters throughout the book and Steve most definitely has a relationship in the book, but that relationship is truly not what the focus of this book is about. In this story the focus is what Steve discovers a
Erotic Horizon
A OK little filler for me - The author humanized Steve (main protag from PRICELESS) a little for me and now really looking forward to "HIS" story at the end of the year..

Very pleased to see the author also revisit Connor and Steve relationship as well and sort out some of the little niggles I had with Priceless...

Bark's Book Nonsense
Steve’s emotions go haywire when his best friend Connor sets up house with his new lover but he’s not sure why. He’s happy for his friend but envious as well and feeling unsettled. This story is about Steve dealing with some buried/undiscovered desires and it’s really just a small glimpse into a confusing time in his life.

Steve is rich and successful and has always enjoyed short term flings with leggy beauties but lately he is unsatisfied and seems to be longing for Connor . . . who, of course,
Stephanie
I loved this story! Prof. Steve Campbell is a character from "Priceless" and one I didn't care for (at first.) I know he meant well but what he did for Connor did not set well with me at all. I found him to be a insensitive dick at times. So going into this story I hoped to get a little more insight into the psyche of Prof. Campbell. I wanted to know more about this flawed man. I was not disappointed. I was a little surprised at his little secret. Never saw THAT coming. It made me sad for him. A ...more
Zach Sweets
After reading the first book, I knew I'd want to read the second book before getting my hand on third book. Even though it was really short but the length of the book was perfect. Unfortunately, it did have a happy ending for the main character but nevertheless, it was a story about Steve's journey into finding his identity. It was done really well too.

It gave me a chance to learn who Steve was since it hadn't elaborated his background in the first book. This book certain did and made me like hi
Sue
This was great; Cat's writing here was so good it had me in tears at times.
I love a good story with lots of UST, but with a happy ending.
This was HFN (happy for now), but it still worked out well for Steve, the main character.
The summary gives you all you need to know about what the story is about. I just wanted to tell folk that the writing is good and the story well handled. A very competent handling of an angsty situation that was totally believable. Cat Grant nailed the emotions, as you can
Ayanna
Nov 18, 2012 Ayanna marked it as probably-not
Hmm...
The plot sounds really familiar. I'm certain I've read a book that had pretty much exactly the same plot. I'm rather ambivalent towards this. I didn't like the first one, so I'm leery about reading this one. In the probably not shelf. maybe I'll reevaluate.
Ana♥
Steve Campbell has everything he could possibly want. Money, a great job and women. But when Steve finds himself looking to bat for the other team, he turns to Dylan, a handsome escort who shows Steve just what he's been missing out on. When Steve finds out that Connor, his best friend & the man he loves, is getting married, Steve spills the beans on his feelings for Connor in hopes that he'll feel the same way.

This was an okay read for me, it might have been the fact that it was really shor
Jody
Doubtless is a sequel to Ms. Grant's previous short story Priceless and reintroduces us to the characters of that story and gives us an update as to how the main couple is fairing. I enjoyed that part of the story as it was like reminiscing with old friends and finding out that HEA does last beyond the final page. In Doubtless, HEA takes on a whole new meaning in this unique view of one man being set on the road to happiness where the ending is just the beginning.

Steve Campbell has always consid
Yvonne
Steve Campbell is one of the country’s top 3-D optics researchers. His job is stressful and he spends most of his evenings home alone. Something is missing from his life, but he’s not entirely sure what it is or how to get it. All he knows is that he’s not a very happy man.

Then he has a chance encounter with a very handsome escort, Dylan, and he learns some truths about himself. Although Steve pays for all of Dylan’s time, you can tell Dylan cares about Steve. He helps him spice up his clothes a
Catherine
Huh. This was a strange one for me because the men who ended up having sex on the page weren't the romantic focus of the story, and the story didn't end with a HEA (or even a conventional HFN). I'm interested enough to see how Part 3 develops, though.

PS: I made the mistake of reading this series out of order. Word of caution: Don't do it! These aren't stand alone smut bites.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy Steve's story as much as Conner and Wes'. I am happy to say this wasn't anything near what I expected. I ended up enjoying this as much as the first but for totally different reasons.

Steve has so many repressed feelings from earlier esteem and perhaps family issues. His life seems very lonely and empty, and I found my feelings about him changing as he came to each realization about his life. I was really rooting for him by the end.

I loved Dylan. He was so confident
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

I'm hesitant to categorize this as a romance because ... well, there wasn't one. It wasn't even an HFN. This book was about Steve's self-realization regarding his sexuality (he's bi). And, his friendship (that's a generous characterization) with a rent boy, Dylan, to explore his new-found gayness. Unlike Connor and his rent-boy in book one, Steve and Dylan don't fall madly in love and live HEA. Dylan is a means to an end. Not in a bad way, mind you, but he's just that ... a rent boy. Hu
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I liked this little short follow-up to Priceless in which Steve explores his sexuality with a hooker named Dylan. It's not really a romance, because Steve doesn't fall for Dylan, but he does realize that he's bisexual and that he's loved his friend, Connor, for years. It's too late for Connor now since he's about to marry Wes (both MCs in the first story), but we get to see Steve finally really communicate with Connor and I liked the way the author ended the story. No doubt (pun intended) we wil ...more
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Well this one was different. While there was some - sort of - romance in it, this story was all about Steve finding himself. He's been a self absorbed, closeted bachelor for, well, ever. He's in a bar one night, after leaving a party at Connor and Wes' new house, depressed and he can't quite put his finger on why. He meets Dylan, whom he really enjoys talked to, and though Dylan is an escort, Steve calls him and spends some time (and money) getting to know him, as well as himself. Steve
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for musings of a bookworm

This was a really sweet tale of a man coming to terms with who he is and who he loves. It was ate ally honest look at unrequited love and how it can go in noticed by the people involved. I loved that there was no 'oh god I love you too' moment because that do really happens in real life so it made this feel like you were peaking into someone's life. It was kind of sad how it ended but the ending made the whole story worth it so I can't complain abo
Natālija
I was slightly confused after finishing this book, because I didn't recognize Steve, Connor's best friends, we met in Priceless. Although I'm still baffled over his sudden transformation, I find this book to be a great introduction to Flawless.
Cait Miller
I was surprised by the direction the story took, it wasn't what I expected. It's NOT a romance, not even a HFN. It IS great story and I really liked it as it followed up on a secondary character from Priceless. The door is open at the end for more I think, for either of the featured characters (view spoiler). and I'd be interested to see if Cat Grant goes through that door.
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Sabrina
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I loved Priceless, which is the story of Conner and Wes. It was really nice to go back and see how they are doing and how the relationship is progressing. The main story of Steve though broke my heart with every page. I don’t think that the author meant it to be as sad as I found it. Cat Grant manages to tug at my heart strings within the first few pages. It didn’t stop either. Each page was
Ije the Devourer of Books
This is a well written story but it feels incomplete. I think it should either have been longer giving it chance to explore all the issues and characters in more depth, or it should have been incorporated into the earlier book, Priceless. Too many unresolved questions for me. I hope some of those get answered in a third book.
Chelaeur
OMG! Why did I take so long to read this book! Hooked, I tell you. So glad I saw the ad for "Flawless" or I would have gone on without tackling this. Steve, what a man. In love with his beastie, but in somebody else's closet. I laughed silly when he got a clue. Glad he get's another chance. Now on to "Fearless"...
Meredith
Bittersweet. I've been there myself, in love with someone who loved you back, just not how you wanted them to love you.

And I gotta say, I didn't much care for Steve in Priceless - he seemed like a user to me, so I'm glad this followed it to humanize him.
Heather
More of a "companion" installment as opposed to a sequel to Priceless. This story follows Connor's friend/partner, Steve, as he makes some major realizations about his life and the directions he wants to take, if he's determined to be happy.
  • Cruce de Caminos
  • Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1 (Josh of the Damned, #3)
  • Where You Hurt the Most
  • Few Are Chosen
  • Santuario (Santuario, #1)
  • Foreshock
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)
  • Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • First Watch
  • Surprises (Romeo Club #1)
  • Fragile Bond
  • Lost and Found
  • The Laird's Forbidden Lover
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
1912055
If you're looking for epic sci-fi, fantasy, or historicals, that's not me. Contemporary all the way, baby!

However, if you're looking for down to earth, complicated characters dealing with real-world problems (and the occasional comfort read!), I might just fit the bill. :)

My Books:

Courtland Chronicles (m/m & m/m/f)
By Chance
Strictly Business
Complications
The Arrangement
Triad

Allegro Vivace (m/m)
More about Cat Grant...

Irresistible Attraction (4 books)
  • Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)
  • Fearless (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • Flawless (Irresistible Attraction, #4)
Once a Marine By Chance (Courtland Chronicles, #1) The Only One Who Knows (The Only One, #1) The First Real Thing (Icon Men, #1) Priceless (Irresistible Attraction, #1)