Start by marking “Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)” as Want to Read:
Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)

Safeword Davenport (Safeword #3)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  340 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Dana has never submitted to anyone but her husband -- he trained her, taught her to submit. He's been dead a year and a half though, and she's beginning to consider the possibility of dating again. She sticks to vanilla at first, but quickly realizes she's going to need more. As she's considering the idea of finding someone who would enjoy hurting her without requiring her ...more
Published July 6th 2012 by Excessica (first published January 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Safeword Davenport, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safeword Davenport

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise SinclairNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersBared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best BDSM Published in 2012
28th out of 189 books — 529 voters
My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise SinclairThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszThe Angel by Tiffany ReiszThe Prince by Tiffany ReiszNamed and Shamed by C.P. Mandara
Favourite BDSM Contemporary 2012
14th out of 41 books — 255 voters

More lists with this book...

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Jun 24, 2012 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Educated BDSM readers
Shelves: bdsm, intense, tpe, d-s
This is my FAVOURITE book by Ms. Blevins. In this lovely story, we are once again treated to some intense and arousing SM. No one does SM in a M/f relationship as good for me as Ms. Blevins. I can definitely tell by the way she writes, she's in the lifestyle. I do know the back history of why this book was written so for me, it moved me much more.

Dana is a widow. She submitted to her husband who was her world. He was a Dom with a sadistic streak. Some of the punishments Dana went through had me
Michael Dunellen
This was an exploration of something I hadn't really thought of before a few months ago. I used to think of submissiveness and masochism as two sides of the same coin. I have come to realize lately that there really is a difference - you can be a submissive without being a masochist, it just isn't always easy. But this was a very serious look at the reverse - can you be a masochist without being a submissive? Dana wasn't sure but I think in the end she found the answer she was looking for as wel ...more
Annabel Joseph
Aug 17, 2012 Annabel Joseph rated it it was amazing
Good lord, no one writes kink like Candace Blevins. Only someone who's BTDT can pull you in and push all your kink buttons so accurately.

Let me begin by saying that I almost didn't read this past the first couple chapters. I could tell the kinks coming up were not "my" kinks, but I was drawn in to the emotional storyline so I continued on. Good lawd, I'm so glad I did.

This books gets five stars because I got super sexy hot over scenes that weren't in my personal comfort zone of kink, and that's
Steelwhisper
Feb 06, 2015 Steelwhisper rated it did not like it
I wished I could give this a better review. I really do. I was rather hard on myself and it took me several weeks to decide on this review.

The reason I am so reluctant is that I agree with Ms Blevins that we need BDSM novels which are about the real BDSM out there, instead of just some figment of the imagination. She tries hard to achieve this and in some areas she certainly has made the cut.

Unfortunately however there is so much else wrong with this book that it almost entirely outweighs the go
Jacqueline
Oct 02, 2012 Jacqueline rated it it was ok
My review might skew the results here but this is what I felt about the book. It was very clinical and seemed like a primer on how to have a BDSM relationship. Every t crossed and i dotted. Very dry. I didn't find it sexy at all. There was much more about the heroine getting over her dead husband than anything else really and the hero was very secondary in this story. As an added note, having accidentally hit an electric fence too many times in my life, the idea of electricity being in any way e ...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Jun 27, 2012 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: BDSM fans who want a unique emotional story!
No one does pain better than Candace. Here is a world where pain lives. Where it breathes, strokes, and caresses. The feelings of the masochist are so deeply and well explored here that you really do come out of it with fundamental understandings. I love her books because she gets it - on the BDSM RealMeter this comes in at the top!

I enjoyed Dana and Zach. Dana was rich and vibrant and somehow ordinary in spite of all the stuff that she had been through. Someone who could be a friend. No BDSM Cl
Lindsey Brooks
Nov 07, 2012 Lindsey Brooks rated it liked it
Guilty Pleasures
Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

I started this book knowing (just by the title) that I would be reading a BDSM book. First, let me tell you that Ms. Blevins writing is extremely explicit. Second, I am as “Vanilla” as the flavor says so I went to some BDSM sites to make sure what I was reading was authentic before I started this review. Third, hold on, breath and prepare yourself for a wild ride through a true D/s

, M/s relationship between Dana and Zach.

Warning: This book is not for the
Dee
Lets just say your kink isn't my kink. Well that's not entirely true, I'm all for female tops and pegging, but that scene even missed the mark for me. The way it was orchestrated almost felt robotic. IDK.

I didn't get the dynamics between the characters. Maybe if what's her name hadn't started as a submissive in a hard-out TPE relationship, in the first half of the story, I would have been able to go with her topping. But there was no middle ground she did a complete 180 literally, from being cag
Cynthia
Nov 27, 2012 Cynthia rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those interested in BDSM Erotica

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

The warning label above is there for good reason. SAFEWORD: Davenport is a novel about Dana learning to move on with her life, after suffering the loss of her husband, by rediscovering herself through BDSM.

Dana meets Zach when he hires her to redesign/redecorate his home. His wife, Bethany, passed away about the same time Dana’s husband, Garnet, did, and wants the house to reflect more of his style. Although, dead and gone, both Bethany and Garnet play con
Themis
Feb 25, 2015 Themis rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for me.
Not sure why but this is an other book that took me a long time to finish. I found it hard to connect with the characters but saying that I liked how she tried to find herself after her husbands death.

Spanking, TPE, Mfm
AղցҽӀɑ W.
This was a pretty good book. Dana is a widow she has never submitted to anyone other than her husband he was her Dom and taught her to submit he was also a sadist. Dana tries dating it's been over a year she tries to stick to vanilla but realizes it's not working for her. Dana meets Zach when she redecorates his house. Zach is a widower he is also a Dom and he and his wife had a 24 hour TPE she was a slave. Zach ask Dana out after she finds out that he is a Dom, but she doesn't want to mix busin ...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
This 4th book was a bit of a surprise to me... I remember when the first one, SAFEWORD RAINBOW came out and a lot of people were talking about how "hardcore" it was and aside from the TPE, I just didn't agree with the masses. Now, THIS ONE threw me for a loop, but there was some serious shit going on in the heroine, Dana's world.

First, Dana trained and lived as her husband's submissive, but when the story begins, he has been dead for over a year and she is debating on getting back into the datin
My Reading  Addiction
Aug 16, 2012 My Reading Addiction rated it it was amazing

When even the parts of the story that are not directly involving sexual acts are steamy, you know its going to be a STEAMY read! Candace Blevins really delivers a multi-layered BDSM novel in this book.

Dana lost her husband, who taught her everything she knows about submitting and her masochistic tendencies 18months ago. She has come to terms with the fact that the part of her life that contained her submission for another was over.

The very first meeting
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
Nov 16, 2012 Riane Kinky Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
As reviewed on Kinky Book Reviews by Riane:

After losing her husband two years ago, Dana isn’t certain about getting back into the game. She has dated a little but made sure to keep it vanilla. I mean, her husband taught her how to submit, how can she now give that gift to someone else? Finding herself attracted to another Dom makes Dana start questioning if perhaps she should try to make it work.

I enjoyed the characters of Zach and Dana. I cried with the characters a few times in this story… emo
Dark Haven
Sep 13, 2012 Dark Haven rated it it was amazing
To the world, Dana Bennett is a confident and successful interior designer. But emotionally, she is still struggling with her husband’s passing a year and a half after his death. Dana is selected by Zachary Irving to renovate his house 3 years after his wife’s death. Her initial empathy for his loss turns into interested curiosity as it becomes apparent he and his wife practiced a D/s lifestyle. It’s a lifestyle she and her deceased husband practiced as well. Despite her interest in Zach, she n ...more
Saha
I am having trouble beginning this review. This book is out there. WAY out there. Exactly where I want it. All the hardest, deepest, most unusual, most non-vanilla, most taboo and absolutely hardcore elements of BDSM are included in this story. I sincerely thought I would become overwhelmed and not be able to manage it all at once. But I did. And it was panties-soak good.

Dana is a widow and an internal decorator, who gets fascinated by Zack (also a widower) and his cage-coffee table. They start
Jen
Sep 02, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-own
Dana and Zach have come together after both losing their partners to death. Trying to move on with their lives and overcoming their grief they begin a relationship as a Dom and sub.This story takes you through Dana's journey to discovering herself. She has always been a masochist and a sub but begins to explore what it feels like as a domme. She stills carries a lot of guilt for being submissive with anyone other than her partner who has passed away. Dana begins a quest in relieving her guilt as ...more
Linda
Jan 26, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
They both had previous partners, and now they try to start a relationship together. Hes a sadist Dom and shes a sub.
I really wanted to love this, but it was too serious for me, too much realism =) sorry. Im no fan of enemas, electricity or sadism. Im a fluff-lover, and Im so sorry, but it hurt for me to read. Had to stop. Might re-read since I love her writing, but not for now.
Sylvia
Jan 29, 2013 Sylvia rated it it was ok
The is the second of Candace Blevin's books I have read, the first being Safeword Rainbow. I didn't particularly care for Rainbow as I found it to be presented clinically and almost matter of fact.

I wanted to give Davenport a read as I wanted to see if it was the writer's style or if it was the subject matter that turned me off. My conclusion is that I think it is a little bit of both. The characters created feel stiff and wooden and the story again presented clinically. The scenes are extreme.
Alison
May 31, 2014 Alison rated it liked it
I'm usually a Blevins fan, but this book left me feeling ambivalent. I liked the emotional aspects of the story, such as how Dana deals with her grief, and I loved Jacob and Brent. The BDSM, was smoking hot, as expected. I almost loved this book, but...meh.

I don't like Zack. He's weak, and by that I don't mean he's a weak dom. He's underdeveloped and deep as a puddle. The complexity I usually enjoy in Blevins's doms just wasn't there. I didn't feel much connection between Dana and Zack. In fact
mlady_rebecca
Dee Wy
Feb 05, 2013 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, m-f, series, challenge-2
I really enjoyed Dana's journey back into being a submissive after two years on hiatus due to her Dom husband's death. It was a difficult time for her trying to determine what she wanted and if she was ready for a new relationship.

Very powerful story with quite a few hard-core BDSM scenes. I especially liked her discovering she might enjoy topping as well. Very interesting and rewarding read. Part two next.
Aya
Intense.

Yes, that about describes it. This was intense, in more ways than one. Don't go into this if you're hoping for a light BDSM read, you'll find yourself face to face with some heavy material that has a major S&M element. Personally I loved it... I. LOVED. IT. Ms. Blevins never fails to draw me into the scenes. They are imaginative, varied, and they will make you wish the voyeuristic journey you started on would change to one of participation.

However, it's not all about the scening, th
Angela Wallace
Feb 11, 2014 Angela Wallace rated it really liked it
Shelves: ange
A 4 rating. This story was a bit if a roller coaster for me... Sadness, warmth, anger, disbelief, curiosity, with a helping of lust thrown in ... Definitely verging on the extreme edges of comfort for me at the start. I think Zach & Garnet would have me running for the hills!!! Jacob & Max would have me running back though ;)
~Mel :)~
Nov 04, 2013 ~Mel :)~ rated it really liked it
Great story. Had me emotionally invested. Which in my opinion is a great job. I laughed, cried, and I got annoyed quite a few time. The "Domme" scenes were well done. I didn't HATE them. I do feel quite sorry for poor Jacob though. He must love orgasm denial.
 Sara
Jul 03, 2012 Sara marked it as didn-t-finish
couldn't finish it, too many people involved, punishments too harsh for me. Maybe when I'm not so distracted I'll come back to it.
lynn❤️lynn
Wow, absolutely loved this book. The sex scenes are just out if this world. This is one of the most intense books I've read in a while. I just couldn't put this book down. Zach is definitely into his punishments, blimey they had my toes curling. You can feel the intense love throughout this whole book. I loved the relationship between Jason and Dana, and then between Jason and Brent, the dynamics between all these characters was mind boogling ...I found it difficult at times working out which ch ...more
KyBunnies

The first book in this series Safewords: Davenport was amazing. Yes there is sex and BDSM in the book. However there is more to the book than just that. This book takes a reader through the relationship of a couple that has the alternate lifestyle of BDSM. This book shows that even though this is something different it is not a bad thing to feel or enjoy this with you partner. However it should be with a partner that you trust.

One Sunday while sitting at work waiting on parts I started reading t
Shari
Jul 06, 2012 Shari rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story knocked me on my tush in more ways than one. This isn’t a light BDSM book. It is full of full on sadists and Doms, the two not always put into the same person. There is sorrow over lose, confusion on what a person wants versus needs and deep thought put into the characters.

Dana is a widow. She has only ever submitted to her husband. While we learn some of their relationship, it is not the focal point of the book so we never learn if Dana experimented before she married Garnet. He
  • Pam-Ann
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
  • FrankenDom
  • Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold (Club Mephisto, #1.5)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Fournicopia (Delta Heat, #2)
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Under By Duress
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Choices (Golden Collar, #1)
  • Mercy (Judgment, #2)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Maintenance Night
  • Re/Bound (Doms of the FBI #1)
Candace Blevins lives with her husband of 18 years and their two daughters. When not working or driving kids all over the place, she can be found reading, writing, meditating, or swimming.

Candace writes BDSM Romance, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and a smoking hot Motorcycle Club series.

Her urban fantasy series, Only Human, gives us a world where weredragons, werewolves, werelions, and three
More about Candace Blevins...

Safeword (10 books)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • Safewords Davenport and Chiffon (Safeword, #4)
  • Safeword Quinacridone (Safeword, #5)
  • Safeword Matte -- In Training (Safeword, #6)
  • No Safeword Matte -- The Honeymoon (Safeword, #7)
  • No Safeword Matte -- Happily Ever After (Safeword, #8)
  • Safeword Arabesque (Safeword, #9)

“When her arousal level was manageable again, she looked at Zach and said, "The line between pleasure and pain is so narrow, sometimes you can't tell them apart."

He shook his head, smiling. "I'll have to take your word for it; I've never had that particular problem."

"Maybe you haven't taken either to extreme? Think of it as the face of a clock. Imagine the six, pointing down, is no feeling at all. A three is what most people consider intensely pleasurable, and a nine is what the majority would deem exceptionally painful."

She paused, letting it sink in, and he said, "So what's twelve?"

Smiling, pleased he saw where she was heading, she said. "Let's go back to three and nine — if you can power past either of them, the closer you get to twelve the more bleed-over there is from the other side. So when you're at five minutes after the top of the hour, which is way beyond normal pleasure, there's a touch of pain involved. When you're at five minutes till, it's agony beyond comprehension, with a little bliss mixed in. If you can power past pleasure you get to pain, and if you can endeavor beyond pain you eventually get to nirvana. At twelve exactly, it's merely sensation, you can't tell which you're feeling. It’s both, but neither. If you’re played just right you can hover between pleasure and pain... No, on top of them, or maybe swimming in both. Yeah, awash in them — feeling every extreme of bliss and agony at the same time.”
0 likes