Start by marking “Unbound (Spellbound, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unbound (Spellbound, #2)

Unbound (Spellbound #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Unbound, Book Two of the Spellbound Series

Toni went from being a doctor, to the lover of a god in an instant. Remembering who she was, she's now torn between her past self and her current love. Ben is stunned when Toni leaves and at the arrival of his long lost love, Catherine, but her arrival doesn't eradicate Toni from his mind. Unlikely allies will team up to get Toni b
Published June 13th 2012 by LJ Press

To ask other readers questions about Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbound

Rebecca Graf
You never know if a sequel will follow through with the story and do as good of a job or better. I recently read Lola James’ Bound to Remember and enjoyed the read. I quickly turned to book number two, Unbound, and found the story threw me completely for a pleasant loop.

Toni finds herself discovering that she never was herself. The woman she thought she was turned out to be a lie. Instead, she becomes embroiled in a mess of events that revolve her and the Greek gods. The vampires and witches are
Brewed Bohemian
Unbound is the second book in the Spellbound trilogy by Lola James. It follows Toni and her friends as they begin to unravel the past. The story is a fast read as the ragtag crew races to outwit the gods and save Toni from being locked in the underworld forever. Unlike the first book, Unbound has quite a bit of sex so I'm not sure I'd classify this as a YA storyline as I did Bound to Remember.

Once again, I enjoyed the play on Greek mythology. I liked the different take on Hades and how each char
Phaedra Seabolt
I enjoyed this book more than the first one, Bound to Remember. I read it in less than two days because I couldn't put it down. Lola James has brought a very unique personality to several Greek mythological gods, that I just found refreshing.

Bound to Remember ended with Toni having a spell removed from her that made her change appearance and personality. She almost seemed to have two warring personalities trapped in one body. It appears that over the many lifetimes that Toni has lived, her most
Lisa Markson
Lisa's review of
Unbound Spellbound series Book 2
By Lola James

I purchased a copy of Unbound by Lola James because I initially fell in love with book 1 called Bound to Remember. This book contains all the basic elements that I require in a great book. Vampires, witches, and mythology where can you go wrong with this awesome combination. Toni finds out things about her life that she never knew. On one hand she loves Ben, then there is Kevin and above all Hades. Who does she choose. I know who I wou
Theresa
I read the first and second book in this series one after another. Now I can't wait for the third installment. Toni is an intriguing character we get to know in the first book Bound to Remember. She's driven and passionate about her work, it's all she has.

As the story unfolds in Unbound, we learn that Toni is in love with a God. It's a shocking revelation and sends her current love interest in a tail-spin. Ben doesn't know how to deal with the realization that Toni is in love with his most feare
Momma
Lately all the books I have been reading have been incorporating mythology into them.. I LOVE it! :) Toni finds out that no one around her is who she thought- she's surrounded by vampires, witches and Gods.. Plus she has a spell on her that keeps her from remember her true past. Once the spell is broken, she has 3 hot guys (including a vampire- yum and a God) chasing after her. It's fun, it's filled with action, and oh yeah there's some sex in there.. And naturally being a part of a series it en ...more
Bleumoon
Ok I was not going to read book 2 of this series because of the ending of book one. I wanted to know what happened so I finally decided to read book 2. What a mistake! This ending was more abrupt than book one. I REFUSE to read book 3. I don't know if I am more upset at myself for giving in and reading book 2 or the author for thinking it is ok to end a book with so many loose ends just dangling. These books don't even end on a cliffhanger! You are left feeling like someone ripped the last pages ...more
Crystal
Unbound is equally if not better than Bound to Remember! It's twists and plot thickeners are placed perfectly throughout the story and you are left wanting to read more!
Toni's dear friend Annie isn't very friendly after all and Dawn discovers something about herself that is a doozy. Throw Toni into a love square and you've got one hell of a story!
Again, Lola makes the story fun with the right amount of intrigue and spice that keeps you entertained. I definitely can't wait for the next install t
Simone
This is book two of the Spellbound series, this was a fantastic sequel to Bound to Remember. Part two opens with a love pentagon, yes you read that right. Kevin, Ben, and Hades all vying for Antonia’s affections, while Catherine appears trying to get Ben back. Lola James did an awesome job using all of her characters in some way to help Antonia; the way the lives were woven together was just amazing. I was left hanging at the end of book two, so I can’t wait for book three!
This starts right where you’d expect. The cast grows with a few gods and goddesses. A few people get their up-and-comings, which was nice. Others learned truths that they didn’t realize on their own. The end of the story is yet another cliff hanger. All in all I like the story, characters are creative, especially the Gods. I thought the editing needed some work, other than that it was good read.
Lori
Ok, I am absolutely in LOVE with this series. This book was so addicting that I read it in one sitting, because I was unable to put it down.

The story that Lola James tells, is one that will pull you in from the first page. I am literally counting down until the release of book 3 (Bound To You) so that I can see where this story goes.

Thank you Lola for another great book. :)
Lisa Rayns
Hot and Intense…

Another exciting read by Lola James, only this one was hotter and more intense than Bound to Remember. Normally, I hate cliffhanger endings but given the length of the book, I thought the author pulled it off beautifully and I actually didn't mind it. I am so very anxious for the conclusion. I love these characters!
Suzi Rea
Leaves you wanting more. Quick read. Not too heavy on dialogue/plot detail as opposed to some books in this genre that I've given up on.
It's fangs dig in and won't let you go until you finish.
Rhonda
I believe this book explained everything much better than the first book in the series. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Who will she choose?????
Tonya
Loved the sequel to Bound to Remember and the book left me waiting eagerly for the third installment. I love the characters in the book and loved the chemistry.
Louisa
Oh, great book, a bit disjointed, and not as good as book 1, but great to see the characters again, and the cliffhanger has me waiting for the 3rd book!
Tracy
Gotta stay focused if you want to follow all the twist an turns you didn't see coming. Looking forward to the next book
Joshirl
I really enjoyed this book, the second book expanded on the characters more. I am now anitcipating the third installment.
Samantha Gray
I enjoyed this book more then the first. I cannot wait for the next one to come out. I hope it is soon.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Another good novella and will be waiting for another one in this series.
Kelleen
not as good as the first book.
Donna (BLHmistress)
Review to come soon
Elizabeth Sharp
Elizabeth Sharp marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Feb 24, 2015
Suzanne Foster
Suzanne Foster marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
  • Ghost Crown (The Tracks, #2)
  • Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Bitten Shame (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #2)
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Embracing the Wolf (Anna Avery, #2)
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • Sound of the Heart (The MacDonnells, #2)
  • Within the Realm (The Gifted Realm, #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Crimson Groves
  • Deadly Kisses (Book One of the Deadly Darkness Trilogy)
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • The Marriage Fix (Billionaire Games #3)
  • Best Served Cold
  • Devil's Island (Sea Rover’s Passion, #1)
  • C I N (C I N, #1)
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Gargoyle (Cindy Eller, #5)
A fool for a love story, a sucker for a cupcake, and let’s not talk about what she’d do for a Klondike bar. Lola enjoys long walks on the beach and movies that involve chainsaws.

Contact Lola:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLolaJames
My Blog: http://lolajame
More about Lola James...

Spellbound (3 books)
  • Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1)
  • Bound to You (Spellbound, #3)
Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1) Bound to You (Spellbound, #3) Fate's Design Defying Fate, a Paranormal Romance (Fate Series, Book Two) A VILLAIN'S FATE, A Fate Series Short