Start by marking “Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)” as Want to Read:
Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)

Striking Distance (I-Team #6)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  3,699 Ratings  ·  445 Reviews
Her past is a secret—even to her.
Discovering it will be the most dangerous move of her life.

TV reporter Laura Nilsson, known as the "Baghdad Babe," spent eighteen months in an Al Qaeda compound after being kidnapped live on the air. Two years later, she's still wondering why.

No rescue mission in Javier Corbray's fourteen years as a Navy SEAL affected him the way Laura's re
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Berkley Sensation

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

photo e3553447-ac11-4be8-8916-edaa76a2fb95_zpsbada2948.jpg

Are you excited yet???

Note: This review is based on the story I read as a WIP (Work in Progress), and as brilliant authors often do, there may have been changes made to the final copy.

Striking Distance is the sixth book in Pamela Clare’s I-Team series, and just like the five books before it, it’s amazing! It’s fast paced, exciting, heartbreaking, inspiring, romantic, sensuous… it’s everything we’ve come to expect from this amazing author!
From the Cover:

Her past is a secret—even to her.

Discove
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

description

Pamela Clare is an author to behold in the romantic suspense genre. Utilizing her background as an investigative reporter and adding her experiences in her stories brings a gritty realism in each and every one of her books in this series. Her swoon worthy alpha male heroes and smart, sassy heroines combined with intricate, intense plotlines are what makes her books winners for me again and again. So only being able to give Striking Distance 3.5 stars cuts me because I love her characte
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
3.5 stars.***Review completed November 10, 2013

photo 459247fc-acc6-46c4-9d87-28658e1feca3_zps63180348.jpg
Pic approved by GR September 19, 2013.

photo tumblr_mu66xhxg671rhcafao3_250_zps80f02844.gif photo tumblr_mu66xhxg671rhcafao4_250_zps397c9f69.gif

Laura gaped at him. "That stuff is worth hundreds of dollars."
He shrugged, then shut the kit. "That's how SEALs pack makeup."

photo tumblr_mqxfdlpgNQ1r8mmrfo1_500_zps92b850dc.gif

photo tumblr_mfej3kFoXV1rax75uo1_400_zps08273527.gif

"My fault?" Hey, you started it." He followed her. "Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to be your morning lollipop, but I ne
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5+++ Emotionally charged and Suspenseful Stars

"The woman he remembers still exists inside you. You just need to set her free."

No one, and I mean no one does Romantic Suspense quite like Pamela Clare. I have loved this entire series, but this book blew them all out of the water. I cried, I sobbed, I swooned, I cried, I laughed, I didn't want it to end. As much as I loved Hunt, I think after Javi he has now moved to number 2. Javier stole my heart. (And after the prequel novella...my ovaries too
Auntee
Feb 20, 2013 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of RS and Clare's I-Team series
Such a difficult story to read and rate...

I absolutely love Pamela Clare's I-Team series--it is by far one of the best RS series out there. Her writing is always first rate, and often very informative. There's always something I learn while reading one of her stories--and I like that feeling. Her romances are usually well developed; I feel connected to the couple, love their dialogue, and the bedroom scenes are always smokin' hot. The prequel to this story (the novella First Strike) was absolute
♡Karlyn P♡
Overall another great, tear jerking read for the I-Team fans!! But to be completely honest, this was not my favorite in the series. While there was much to enjoy in this story and the ending will tug heavily on your heart, I did have some issues with the slower paced storyline.

Unlike past books in this series, STRIKING DISTANCE takes more time developing the romance between its protagonists, and tones down the amount of adrenalin pumping, over-the-top suspense we are used to seeing in every cha
KatLynne
4.5 Stars

“… if my whole world fell apart tomorrow, the piece I couldn't live without is you." (Laura to Javier)

There are so many aspects that I loved about this book, but one of my favorites would be the incredibly tender love story between Javi and Laura. Beginning with the prequel, First Strike, the reader comes away knowing their connection is much more than explosive sexual chemistry. Slowly throughout the story, their love blooms and by the end it dazzles.

When Laura and Javier departed fr
Jonetta
Broadcast journalist Laura Nilsson was abducted by a ruthless terrorist while live on air. She spent 18 months in an Al Qaeda compound as the world thought she'd been beheaded. Her inadvertent rescue during a SEAL operation led by Javier Cobray to capture her abductor put her in the media front pages for months. Two years later and she's back in the spotlight for her abductor's trial and as someone is trying to kill her.

This was an incredibly emotional story with so many highs and lows. I loved
Shawna
Jun 13, 2012 Shawna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shawna by: I'd read the phonebook if Pamela Clare wrote it! :)
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

I’m an avid Pamela Clare fan, and I love and respect everything she writes. And although this was certainly no exception to that, it was an emotionally devastating, somewhat depressing, and difficult read at times. I actually had to take a break in the middle and read a fun, lighthearted Jill Shalvis romance, Rumor Has It, for a breather.

Javier...He’s such an amazing, sigh-worthy, swoonalicious hero with a sexy, potent combination of alpha badass, lethal warrior, macho
Paula
Aug 31, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it

I recommend reading First Strike, the erotica novella prequel, before reading this book. It’s a deliciously short and sexy story that gives us a glimpse into Javier and Laura’s no-strings attached weekend in Duboi City. This novella ends with a bang and the story continues in Striking Distance. It may be short but it’s pretty darn good. And it’s only 99 pennies!

Striking Distance opens up with Javier Corbray, a special OPs Navy SEAL, on a mission to capture a terrorist. The mission is going accor
Pamela(AllHoney)
The sixth addition to Pamela Clare's incredible I-Team series. Javier Corbray is a Navy SEAL and, on a mission to capture a terrorist, he rescues Laura Nilsson, the "Baghdad Babe". A reporter the world believed to be dead. Javier first met Laura in Dubai City while on vacation. Fast forward two years and we find Javier in Colorado visiting his SEAL buddy, Nate West. He discovers that Laura is now working with the I-Team in Denver. Laura, in the meantime, has just testified against the terrorist ...more
Ash Wednesday
2.5 STARS
"I-I think… you should run… while you can."
Listen to her, pendejo.
Javier made his decision, his muscles tensing.
It was time to bring the pain.

And boy, was the pain brought.

TO ME.

Because to put it simply, no romantic suspense book with as dull and bland main characters as Laura and Javier, should be as long as this one. That was my main beef against it. I think there was a point in the book where Laura enumerated three dresses she WAS NOT going to wear (and you know how detailed dress
Oana

As a romantic-suspense well-known lover, I found this entertaining and nothing more.

After reading Breaking Point and Striking Distance from Pamela Clare’s I-Team series –no, I haven’t read the first four books, though I have been spoiled a lot, as you can imagine– I can say that this lady knows how to write the action parts. The pacing is perfect and she seems to have a very in-depth knowledge of military/law enforcement terminology, operations, weaponry, missions and general warfare. I
Jennifer Lane
Another Excellent Addition to the I-Team Series

In this sixth novel of Pamela Clare's gripping romantic suspense series, heroine Laura Nilsson doesn't start as a reporter on Denver's investigative I-Team (like the preceding heroines), but she ends up as one. Her initial career is to serve as star TV reporter on the military conflict in Afghanistan, but that career gets ripped to shreds when Al-Qaeda kidnaps her.

Navy SEAL Javier Corbray is devastated when terrorists nab the gorgeous reporter. They
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book is another excellent addition to Clare's excellent romantic suspense series. Very timely, with a balanced view of the current situation regarding Jihadist terrorism going on in the world today. Spicy and emotional.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.

------------------

If you've enjoyed any of Pamela Clare's books and you want to talk with other readers of her books, check out the Pamela Clare Fan Group on Goodreads.
Kathleen
Action Scenes ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4 Stars
Ending ~ 5 Stars with a FANTASTIC epilogue
Overall Rating ~ 4.5 Stars

This was an EXCELLENT story so why did I rate it overall 4.5 stars after giving EVERY category in my review 5 Stars? Well the beginning started off with a BANG! The action was fantastic and I was sitting at the edge of my seat reading fast and furious to get to the outcome of the scene. As the
Beanbag Love
Oct 12, 2013 Beanbag Love rated it it was amazing
If you’re considering reading Striking Distance and you haven’t yet read First Strike, do that. It’s a short story prologue to SD and it’s only 99 cents. Well worth it as it’s a fantastic short that’s really sexy and romantic.

And having read First Strike, the poignancy of Striking Distance will be even more acute. Both main characters are powerfully damaged and, surprisingly, the female lead is actually emotionally and mentally healthier at the beginning of this story than the hero is. Unexpecte
Julie James
Oct 17, 2013 Julie James rated it it was amazing
What a thrill ride! I'm a big fan of the I-Team series and that continues with this installment-- action-packed and sexy, but also a very emotional read. (Yep, I shed a few tears.) I highly recommend this one, as well as the prequel novella, FIRST STRIKE.
♥Sharon♥
Apr 08, 2013 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to start reading Striking Distance by Pamela Clare because I just love her I-Team Series. I have read all of them except 1.5 (which I will read soon) and for me each book is great! I have always enjoyed her style of writing and her stories always grabs a hold of me right from the beginning and doesn’t let go until the very last page.

Laura and Javier’s story deals with some tough subject matters that will break your heart and take you on emotional journey that will have you in te
Kame
5 Stars (But honestly it is so much more than that!)

Javier Corbray has worked very hard to get where he is now. He is leading of a group of SEALs on a mission to capture Abu Nayef Al-Nassar, a Saudi national who is the leader of an al Qaeda splinter group operating in northwestern Pakistan. The United States wants him captured because he has orchestrated many attacks against United States citizens; Javier wants him because of what he did to Laura. Javier and Laura shared an intimate weekend; bot
Gina
Oct 06, 2012 Gina rated it really liked it
I will start this review by stating I am a hardcore Pamela Clare fan! OMG I love her writing. Pamela’s McKinnon Ranger series is still my fav “historical men in kilts” books! With all of that in mind I must say I enjoyed this book quite a bit but I did have a few issues with it.

First off, you must read First Strike (I-Team, #5.9) by Pamela Clare before reading this. While it is not a priority read to understanding this book, it will give you a glimpse into their first meeting and the passion between these two. its red hot!! OH MY MY!! A
*Avonna
Nov 23, 2015 *Avonna rated it it was amazing
Striking Distance (I-Team #6) by Pamela Clare is another amazing installment in the I-Team series. This book is easily read as a standalone, but the whole series is very worth the read. Ms. Clare’s characters always grab me from the get go and keep me turning the pages.
Laura Nilsson is a war zone TV reporter, who is abducted and while the world has been told she has been beheaded, she is being held by an al Qaeda terrorist for eighteen months. Navy SEAL, Javier Corbray is on a mission to abduct
Jess
Aug 01, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

Striking Distance starts out with the rescue of Laura Nilsson, a reporter who was captured on TV 18 months ago and believed to be dead but has been held captive by Al Qaeda. We learn about the horrors she managed to live through, being raped, beaten, threatened with being beheaded and the terror she’s been living in for all these months have understandably messed with her head and she has to remind herself daily what her name is as the major
Buggy
Opening Line:"Socs Javier "Cobra" Corbray sat in the dimly lit belly of the modified C-130J "Super" Hercules, waiting with the other operators of Delta Platoon for the signal to start their oxygen."

So Pamela Clare does it again with another fantastic addition to the I-Team series (#6) If I’m honest it wasn’t my favourite but that’s a bit like saying it’s not your favourite chocolate; you still loved it and want to eat it every day.

I’m so glad I read the extended prequel (First Strike) before st
Ren
UPDATE 2

Its have cover!! And better than Breaking Point! Congrats Pamela, the Cover God smile for you! ;)

UPDATE
Pamela just give us a glimpse about Striking Distance at her blog.You can read it here :

You kill me with this post, Pamela!! :'(

Pamela Clare (a.k.a my author goddess) just tell via her Twitter,that the title of the 6th book of I-Team series(one of my favorites) will be titled Striking Distance and feature Special Warfare Operator Senior Chief Pet
 ~V~
Sep 01, 2012 ~V~ rated it liked it
It was good but definitely won't be listed among my favorites in this series. I would say that this one was more along the lines of books one and two...with a little bit slower moving plot.

I really liked the main characters of Javier and Laura and the romance had some sweet moments but the sizzle that was present in the novella (First Strike) or in the last few I-Team books, i wasn't feeling. Even the fast paced, thrilling, heart stopping suspense that was featured so strongly in books four, fiv
Charlene
Oct 09, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I could possibly do justice to this book with a review, but I'll try. This is the 6th book in Pamela Clare's I-team series. This one is a bit different, in that investigative journalism has little to do with the plot. This is also my favourite so far of the series. Pamela has tackled a very high-profile and timely subject with amazing skill. She has created characters who are so damaged, and yet struggle to rebuild their lives.

Laura Nilsson is a tv journalist who, after being a
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
5 Fantastic heart pounding, gut wrenching, exciting stars!!

Another fabulous Pamela Clare book!! There are some really fantastic reviews already posted so all I'm going to say is this is a must read series!!!

* I must also give a shout out to narrator Kaleo Griffith for once again doing a fan-freaking-tastic job!!! I can't imagine anyone else narrating the "I-Team Series" .
Jessica Scott
Jul 23, 2013 Jessica Scott rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read a preview of Laura, a woman who barely remembered her own name, I wanted to know what happened to her. A wonderful story about overcoming, forgiveness, love and most of all strength.
Anne OK
Jun 13, 2012 Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
No words I can write can come close to doing this book or its amazing author the justice deserved. Pamela Clare once again shows the powerfully magical abilities she has with words. This one is an emotional hurricane. In my opinion, it's a must read for all romantic suspense lovers.
Tall, Dark & Deadly: Striking Distance by Pamela Clare (I-Team #6) - July 2016 31 16 Jul 31, 2016 12:37PM
The Lost Challenges: This topic has been closed to new comments. Striking Distance-July Series Read 27 25 Aug 07, 2014 12:09PM
Pamela Clare ~ Fa...: Striking Distance #6 MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! 140 134 May 21, 2014 04:46AM
UK Kindle Release? 1 4 Dec 27, 2013 09:49AM
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more
More about Pamela Clare...

I-Team (8 books)
  • Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • First Strike (I-Team, #5.9)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)

“Javier opened her makeup kit, held it edge to edge with the dressing table, and swept everything--every vial, brush, tube, and bottle--into the kit with his forearm.
Laura gaped at him. "That stuff is worth hundreds of dollars."
He shrugged, then shut the kit. "That's how SEALs pack makeup.”
13 likes
“I couldn't have gotten through any of this without you. Through all of it, you've been my support, my anchor. I don't know how one man's shoulders can possibly be so strong."
...
He tilted her face up to his. "With the love I feel for you, bella, I could lift up the world.”
12 likes