Start by marking “The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead, #3)

The Rising Horde: Volume Two (The Gathering Dead #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The War Between the Dead and the Living Has Begun. Now in command of Joint Task Force SPARTA, Lt. Colonel Cord McDaniels and his desperate special forces team struggle to defend the fortified Texas laboratory as it's besieged by an army of stenches that will not stop. Now numbering in the millions, the spookily intelligent zombie horde moves with terrifying purpose, intent ...more
Published April 12th 2012 by Ronin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rising Horde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rising Horde

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 2 by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 3 by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
263rd out of 956 books — 2,331 voters
Feed by Mira GrantWorld War Z by Max BrooksApocalypse by Rashad FreemanMarried With Zombies by Jesse PetersenRot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
Are YOU Ready For The Zombie Attack?!
231st out of 269 books — 337 voters

More lists with this book...

Penforhire
Most of my thoughts were in the review for the prior book since I read that and this back-to--back before writing this review. I was generally happy I read these books. They were entertaining and I liked seeing what Mr. Knight came up with next. He has a good ability to write horribly complicated action scenes clearly, or at least more easily followed than I expected to read.

I have one major language criticism. To Mr. Knight and his editors, the word decimate, "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not
Tony
The Gathering Dead, Left With the Dead, The Rising Horde Volumes 1 & 2. I love these books. Tons of action, great military perspective. I hope there will be more from Lt.Col.McDaniels and Sarmajor Gartrell.
Jessica Kong
Another solid story

The Rising Horde, vol. 2 is a sequel that met its promise to deliver action, drama, and excitement. In fact, the entire series lives up to zombie lovers’ expectations. So why the four stars? Stephen Knight does a great job of making me care for the characters then he kills them. THAT made me extremely angry.  If my characters had lived, I would have given this book 5+++. A definite must read!
Saturnfx
Seriously one of the best z-apoc book series (Military V Zombies) I have read.
I am nervous that there won't be more. I have read a number of zombie and infected book series out there, and unfortunately I started my zombie venture with this set first..since then, every other one has been compared (unintentionally) in my mind and simply wasn't measuring up.

The characters were very well developed. Not a military lover personally, but this set made me fascinated with how things were quite plausably
Mercelenid Odiott-oquendo
This series was amazing. I could not put it down. It pulls you in from the beginning and does not let you go. Armed Forces and Zombies....yes please!! I really hope they make the books into a movie or maybe a series like The Walking Dead. The ending......well I don't want to spoil it, but I don't know whether to cry or be mad. I really hope this is not the last one. Highly recommend it!!!!
Mike
Bar none the most action packed story I have ever read. The descriptions of the battle were incredible and breathtaking.
Jason Nelson
Better than it's predecessor. It read like single act and was impossible to put down. This book and its predecessor would make excellent movie material. Great military/undead action read.
Rosann
such a really good book,, kept up the pace from part one to this series. Such a sad ending though.. I really felt so sad for him and wished it had not happened at all.
Angela Wade
Sincerely appreciated the small bits of humor in these final two books. Would never have made it otherwise. Ripped my heart out.
Wade Newman

Excellent book series! A good, fast paced, action pack zombie story. Great use of military assets an organizations.
Kathy
This book was really great, until the end. I was NOT a happy camper with the very end of the book. 'nuff said
Rebecca Gebhart
Just so, so good.
Nick Guido
Nick Guido marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Sherman1796
Sherman1796 marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Lisa Jones
Lisa Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Eric Abshere
Eric Abshere marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Lucas Darathy
Lucas Darathy marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
La'naie Harrington
La'naie Harrington is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
Neel Paratkar
Neel Paratkar marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kitters
Kitters marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
  • LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Three Parts Dead (Arisen, #3)
  • In Harm's Way (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse #3)
  • Arisen : Genesis
  • Safari: Mountain Man Book Two (Mountain Man, #2)
  • Deadlocked 4
  • United States of the Dead
  • Walking In The Shadow Of Death (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #4)
  • Remains of the Dead
  • Dead: The Ugly Beginning (Dead, #1)

The Gathering Dead (4 books)
  • The Gathering Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1)
  • Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5)
  • The Rising Horde: Volume One (The Gathering Dead, #2)
The Gathering Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1) The Rising Horde: Volume One (The Gathering Dead, #2) Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5) Earthfall The Retreat #2: Slaughterhouse