Start by marking “Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck” as Want to Read:
Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck

Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The author and her husband devised a simple plan – to take a tent and the dog and drive around the perimeter of France. Like many simple plans it went wrong before it started and they ended up with two dogs and a campervan named Tinkerbelle.

On the second day of their journey Tinkerbelle begins to self-destruct, helped by the new dog who does his best to eat her from the in
Published May 18th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published March 1st 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertWild by Cheryl StrayedThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienA Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonInto the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Wanderlust
251st out of 538 books — 667 voters

More lists with this book...

Oct 03, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Okay, I read the description of this book on the Goodreads Giveaway list, signed up to win a free copy, and then promptly bought the book on my Nook. (I did withdraw from the drawing.) I was taken aback to find out this book weighs in at a hefty 668 pages! Then I started reading.....and giggling. In almost no time, I was nearly 100 pages into the book and we had barely left Bretagne! What is really nice, from my standpoint, is that the author is taking us on a tour de France by describing their ...more
Emily
Aug 07, 2012 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Travels with Tinkerbelle is, in the barest of terms, a travel diary. It carefully logs the places, the cuisine and the stories a couple and their two slightly mad dogs encounter on their tour de France.

Susie Kelly’s book is an adventure, just a more afforded, wine appreciating, dog walking type of adventure. Initially wary of the temperamental Tinkerbelle, their transport for the six weeks, and slightly nervous of their dogs, their companions for the next six weeks, you embark with them around
Neens Bea
Nov 30, 2012 Neens Bea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, travel, 2012
I absolutely loved this book! It is a travel diary, written in a very succinct style. Unlike some travel writers, Susie Kelly doesn't go on and on about things. She says what needs saying, and then moves on. There is probably no other way this book could be written - after all, it does cover 6,000 miles' worth of adventures! I loved the writing style, the premise ('circumnavigating' France in a motorhome called Tinkerbelle), the stories and adventures - and I absolutely adored the antics of Susi ...more
Joan Young
Jun 17, 2012 Joan Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6,000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck

Susie Kelly is at it again: she was gripped with the itching wanderlust that had to be scratched. She and her husband, Terry, decide to buy a small motorhome and circumnavigate France. The fact that their budget is minuscule is immaterial. The fact that they also have a dog that will go with them isn’t crazy enough, they decide to get another puppy to keep the dog company. She describes the first dog as small. Several chap
Pat Sharpe
May 10, 2016 Pat Sharpe rated it really liked it
Funny book about an English couple who travel around the coast of France with two dogs in a camper and the adventures that they have. The camper has a lot of mechanical problems, the dogs get into their own adventures. Lots of stories about history which are interesting.
Dereka
Jun 18, 2014 Dereka rated it it was amazing
This is my third Susie Kelley so I need not say more. But I will! If you like France, dogs, camping, traveling, food, history and funny/grumpy/clever/emotional women, you will enjoy this book.
Helen
Jun 03, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Susie Kelly made me feel like I was there travelling with them. Very informative and easy to read. It gave a good insight into the different regions of France. I loved the dogs especially Dobby and the antics they got up too. A brilliant and humorous read.
June
Jan 04, 2015 June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than a travel book

Loved all her books this one especially. We travel full time in an RV so her memories of some campsites are hilarious. A moving travelogue of France. Great read.
Jen ƸӜƷ
Jun 07, 2014 Jen ƸӜƷ rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel-adventure
An enjoyable read about traveling through France, amusing anecdotes and historical as well as cultural tidbits about the country. I especially loved reading about Alsace since I studied there many years ago.
John
Oct 11, 2013 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, ebooks
Not a bad story by any means, just not wildly amusing either, more a typical "we went here and saw that" type with some amusing highlights here and there. Recommended for dog people and vegetarians, as those aspects of their travels featured regularly.
Bronwyn

I enjoyed the author's other books more.
review to come
Emma Warner
Emma Warner marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Suzanne Good
Suzanne Good rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
steven sladen
steven sladen rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2016
Stephanie Anthony
Stephanie Anthony marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Sarah DiPascal
Sarah DiPascal marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Rachele Baker
Rachele Baker rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Melloney
Melloney marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2016
Susan Wiggins
Susan Wiggins rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Colleen Davis
Colleen Davis rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Michaela Greeley
Michaela Greeley marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Julie Haigh
Julie Haigh marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Blackbird Books
Blackbird Books rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Patricia Bradburn
Patricia Bradburn rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2016
  • Hunters
  • The Saints of the Cross
  • Create and Move Forward in Life
  • Rubbing Shoulders in Yemen
  • A Weak American in Russia & Ukraine: Adventures and Misadventures Living Among the Natives
  • Travels With A Road Dog: Hitchhiking Along the Roads of the Americas
  • True North: Travels in Arctic Europe
  • The Fossil Artist
  • India and Nepal – Truth is stranger than fiction: A Himalayan Adventure
  • It's Only the Himalayas
  • Kanji-Kan (Puzzle Book 1)
  • Talking with God: Divine Conversations That Transform Daily Life