Start by marking “Reminiscence” as Want to Read:
Reminiscence

Reminiscence (Empyreal #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Can someone’s entire life – the only one they have ever known – be a complete lie? The truth is out ... and Coralie Collier is about the find just what lies within that truth - the truth about herself, the truth about her heritage, and the truth about her purpose ...
In Reminiscence, lies a story of a natural born heroine, Coralie Collier --- she just doesn’t know it yet. C
Published May 30th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Reminiscence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reminiscence

Masquerade Crew
WALKI'S REVIEW

I like fantasy and paranormal novels where the main character is a teenage girl, one with intelligence and fighting skills. Within a few chapters I felt like saying, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a slayer!" However, while Coralie is a natural warrior, too, here ends the comparison with Buffy.

Seventeen-year-old Coralie lives with her parents, Katelyn and Cal, in the small town of Thessla. While apparently a normal teenager, she is different. Her memories are incomplete, and at nig
Janina
This was an interesting read for me. This book follows the story of a girl name Coralie no memory of her lineage and the abilities she's able to do. All her life her parents have been taking away parts of her memory and now things are slowly starting to come back to her in bits and pieces. She know's that there are pieces of her memory missing and things weren't adding up. I think I would have given this book a high rating had I been able to connect with Coralie. Even though I found myself wanti ...more
Henrietta
When I first read the synopsis, what intrigued me the most was that the heroine of this series, Coralie, was experiencing some form of missing pieces to her memory. My immediate question was why? Followed with… how could this happen? And… could she possibly find a way to retrieve these missing pieces before it’s too late?

With these questions in mind, I began reading…

I must say I am in some way surprised but also somewhat frustrated when I start to notice what could be actually happening to Coral
Henrietta

With these questions in mind, I began reading…

Meganm922
Awaken was a great YA romance with a paranormal backdrop. Coralie had a pretty normal life with wonderful, loving parents in a small-ish town. Except for some reason, she experienced strange dreams that felt real to her. And there were holes or gaps in her memory that she couldn’t explain. As those gaps became more noticeable to her, her awareness increased. With the help of Court, a gorgeous guy who seemed to have only eyes for her, she was thrust into a world she couldn’t quite understand.

One
Sandy

REVIEW: AWAKEN is the first storyline in Christal M. Mosley young adult fantasy series Empyreal. As a reader of many YA storylines I have found similarities and differences amongst a number of books and series and in this particular novel, there are several similarities to The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

Coralie Collier has purposely been kept in the dark about her heritage. When dreams and nightmares become a living and breathing reality, her memories would suddenly disappea
Kay
I was curious when I picked this book up and I really wanted to know the cause behind Coralie’s memory loss. We see Coralie feeling confused, incomplete and unable to recall certain fragments of her life. She also has dreams that feel so real about her fighting people and shadows that chase her. Her parents are a bit of a mystery. We read a bit of their POV and realize that they know the cause of Coralie’s confusion but they are hiding the truth to protect her.

Throughout the book, Coralie encou
Melanie
4.5*s
This is a little gem of a book, I wasn’t even looking forward to reading it because I’m in a bit of a reading funk but this had me intrigued from the get go. Coralie -to me- is an unlikely heroine, she’s quite naïve and unassuming, happy to go with the flow even though she always feels like she is missing pieces of her life. She doesn’t really question this until her dreams become hard to dismiss and with the appearance of Courtland Cumberlan -who assumes a protective bond with her- does sh
Ashtyn
Though the synopsis wasn't all that original, I found myself intrigued when I began this book.

I was immediately drawn to the main character, Coralie. I love it when I am able to so easily connect with the MCs in books and Coralie was very easy to relate to. She was really lost throughout a lot of the book but even then she found the strength to fight back and question what was going on.

I didn't particularly like all the switching POVs though, especially to the people who hadn't really been a h
Nicole
What happens when all your life you've lived normal until your sixteenth birthday? Then you start having strange dreams and loosing memories? That's what's happening to Coralie.

"It's not fair that you are unable to remember the colors in your life...because that's what memories are, they are colorful moments that we can relive over and over again...some are good, and some aren't, but it's from those that we learn from..."

For Coralie life was normal until her sixteenth birthday. Then she started
Amanda Lambert
The stars are for the book...which I cannot wait to read the next one...but the comment is for the amazing person who wrote it. I really, truly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone of any age.
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
As this is the first book in the series it's common to find a lot of world-building and "info dumps" this was full of them.
The reader does get moments of action in between the large sections of dialogue and explanations of the characters, plot and world-building. Perhaps what held me back a bit from completely loving this story was the repetition of words and names to each page. Easily could have been broken up with the usage of them, him, they, her, etc. (which are used often, but perhaps not
Heather
I received this ebook for free from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

First off, I'd just like to say that 3 stars doesn't mean it's a bad book!

This book started off a bit slow for me. However, about half way through, it started picking up, and I found that I didn't want to stop reading. Then it became slow again, then it picked up. This was the pattern in this book, fast and slow paced. To be honest, I was bit underwhelmed through most of it.

I did like the love that was blosso
Hannah Courtney
When I was first approached by C. Marie Mosley to review Reminiscence I was pretty excited. The story sounded pretty great and the prologue set me up for a great story. There was a mysterious man who could feel the emotions of a girl he was supposed to be protecting. I was ready for an epic story about a stranger swooping in and protecting a girl who then realizes she possesses her own incredible strength. The general storyline was there but unfortunately this book was just a miss for me.
There w
Erleen (Books For YA!)
Reminiscence revolves around Coralie Collier and how she discovered the truth behind her dreams and her true identity as an Empyreal Warrior.

I really like the first few chapters. The mystery behind the hooded figures and Coralie’s badass nightmares captured my attention to read further. But when I reached the middle part of the story, I guess the mystery kinda wore off its effect and I was really disappointed after I finished reading it.

The book was slow paced and has an annoying amount of “uuhm
C.
Oct 02, 2013 C. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi Everyone!
Reminiscence (no longer available) is the first written version of Awaken. Awaken (you can find it here on my author page) has had many refining edits and added chapters that make it a more complete version of 'book one' in the series. I hope that you will all check out Awaken and enjoy...Happy Reading, All!
~ CMM

***Update: Book one and two of the series will be re-released very soon, both with brand new rockin' covers and chapter excerpts. Stay tuned...more Empyreal stories coming so
Cris
Dec 20, 2013 Cris rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Cris by: a book loving friend
This book was amazing! I loved the action and suspense and fantasy, all intertwined with delicate little slices of romance between the two MCs, Coralie Collier (our heroine) and Courtland Cumberlin (our hero) - which by the way, are a so-completely-knock-your-socks-off-infatuating-ly-swoon-worthy couple <3 I loved this story and cannot wait to read the next one! (it's already in my TBR pile)
Cynthia
Dec 20, 2013 Cynthia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Cynthia by: a friend
OMG! What a whirlwind of action and romance all wrapped up into one nice neat little package! I can't wait to find out what happens in book two...
Annalee
Dec 20, 2013 Annalee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Annalee by: a friend
Great Book! Fantasy and action, laced with a little bit of romance - loved it!
Stunning Mess
Stunning Mess marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Davina Gold
Davina Gold marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Tesla
Tesla marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Kimberly Koh
Kimberly Koh marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
This Side of Forever Never Say Never Rise and Fall (Empyreal #2) Leaver's Game (Empyreal Prequel Series Episode #3) Persuasion (Empyreal Prequel Series Episode #2)