Start by marking “Oceano di passione (Malory Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oceano di passione (Malory Family, #3)

Oceano di passione (Malory-Anderson Family #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,500 Ratings  ·  515 Reviews
Georgina Anderson, il cuore infranto per aver abbandonato la terra d’America, compie una scelta estrema: travestita da mozzo, si imbarca sulla Maiden Anne. Quello che non immagina neppure lontanamente è di ritrovarsi a fare i conti con James Malory, irrefrenabile e inflessibile capitano del vascello. Pecora nera di una famiglia potente e rispettabile, l’affascinante ex pir ...more
Mass Market Paperback, I Romanzi #882, 300 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Arnoldo Mondadori (first published December 1990)

FlibBityFLooB
Re-read 7/18/10 -- Man... I think I even liked this audiobook better the second time around. Pirrrrrrrratical fun. ;)

4.5/5 stars. This was my first novel by Johanna Lindsey, though I read a short-story of hers in an anthology before reading this book. As I listened to the audiobook, I was trying to determine why I was enjoying the book so much, despite numerous bodice-ripper type of clichés. I made myself a list to justify both my enjoyment and distaste.

Reasons I enjoyed this book?

My love of hi
Faye, la Patata
Apr 24, 2015 Faye, la Patata rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Sexist themes. Dominant male. Virgin female who was pretty much manipulated into having sex with the sorry excuse of a love interest, and then thought nothing of it. BLAH.

(view spoiler)
Zeek
Strong willed Georgina Anderson is determined to find the fiancé she lost four years earlier when he had been impressed into service by the British during the war of 1812. Doing so meant leaving the five older brothers who raised her, as well as her home in America, but she’ll be damned if she’d let a little thing like war, time, and distance get in between her and her plans for the future.

And find him she does. However her ‘fiancé’ is married and settled down- to someone else!- and he is baffle
Kat Desi
Aug 01, 2015 Kat Desi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how many times I've read this book over the years, but each time I do, I still giggle over it. James is definitely my favorite Malory, along with Anthony.
Yasmin M
Jan 04, 2011 Yasmin M rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sigh...Is there no story plot out there that can actually surprise a reader? Insipid. Long. Repetitive. I didn't even have to finish it to guess the ending..Why is it always a matter of two lovers who WILL end up together anyway but who have to learn to accept each other throughout the whole story and bore us to death with their frivolous issues? And excuse me, is Georgie an absolute idiot or is it just me? She doesn't know what a physical attraction is? That's as primitive as a human feeling ca ...more
Michelle
I really enjoyed Gentle Rogue. The image of Georgie disguised as a scrawny twelve year old cabin boy with a temper was so funny. She thought that Captain James Malory didn’t know who she was but James knew all right. She was the ‘wench’ disguised as a boy he’d been looking for since the day she kicked him in the shins and ran off after he carried her out of a Tavern. She’s been on his mind for days and it was just his luck that Georgie happened to step onto his ship.

James decides to play along
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Realmente son 4/4'5 pero, qué narices, hay que ser generosa cuando, a pesar de los momentos más flojos, te lo pasas tan bien leyendo un libro como me lo he pasado yo con Amable y tirano. James Malory ya me tenía encandilada desde el primer libro de la saga, me enamoró en el segundo y en éste ya doy palmas con las orejas cada vez que aparece, es un personaje que te conquista con cada acción que realiza y cada palabra que dice. Y George es un encanto, de pichotismo ausente, o que se agradece muchí ...more
NiCoLeTa E.
Ήταν τόσο αναθεματισμένα ωραίο...
Χριστέ μου! Αγαπώ όλους τους Μάλορι...
Αγαπώ όλους τους Άντερσον...
Αγαπώ και τον Νίκολας Ίντεν...
Είναι όλοι τους τόσο παθιασμένοι, τόσο ξεροκέφαλοι, τόσο θερμοκέφαλοι, αλλά και τόσο σέξι...
Δε θες να σταματήσεις να διαβάζεις τις περιπέτειες τους (Οι οποίες δε σταματούν ποτέ για κανέναν τους)
Θέλω και τα άλλα βιβλία... Και διόπτρα ας μην ξεχνιόμαστε έχεις ξεχάσει κάτι... Την ιστορία του Άντονι...
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ήρθε η ώρα να γνωρίσουμε τη δυναμική Τζορτζίνα Άντερσον, η οποία μεταμφιέζεται σε αγόρι και στριμώχνεται στο πλοίο Μέιντεν Ανν αναζητώντας τον χαμένο της μνηστήρα. Βέβαια, αντί για εκείνον, θα συναντήσει τον Τζέιμς Μάλορι, έναν γοητευτικό άντρα, πρώην πειρατή και το ρεμάλι της οικογένειάς του, που καμιά γυναίκα δεν του έχει αντισταθεί, αλλά και που καμιά δεν έχει βάλει εκείνος στην καρδιά του. Όπως καταλαβαίνετε, η ιστορία ανατρέπεται, όπως και η μέχρι τότε καθημερινότητά τους, με τους δυο τους ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
James Malory, rogue, rake, and pirate. And very sexy guy. This guy is an original. You know he's something special when you meet him in Love Only Once, and I was eager to read his book. Well I definitely enjoyed seeing James meet his HEA with Georgina.

This was a fun, sexy book. I tell you, James Malory is a guy who goes after what he wants. Once he figures out that his cabin boy is a girl, she's in his bed a very short time later. Little does he know that she has lots of big, strong, angry brot
Min Li Li
Feb 12, 2016 Min Li Li rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Serinin en bir sevdiğim kitabı oldu Kaçak Yolcu.

Anthony'nin hikayesi beni biraz hayal kırıklığına uğratsa da James'in hikaye tam ona yaraşır şekildeydi.

Bu kitapta seriye ismini vere diğer aile Andersonlar ile tanıştık.Onlarda Malory kardeşler kadar harikaydı. <3

Gönül isterdi ki hepsini hikayesini okuyabilelim ama sadece 3 kardeşin hikayesi var onlardan da. *-*

Whitney
This book was a bit disappointing. The characters were all very interesting. The abundance of characters though, was a bit overwhelming at times. For being a romance, this one lacked just that. The focus was less on James and Georgina and more on their siblings and interactions. I know this is a third of a "series" so there was familiarity between characters and certain story lines. But, I felt that left little room for THIS story. More time was spent on past or future books. I wish we would hav ...more
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
I first read this book eons ago, back when Johanna Lindsey was for me the greatest writer on earth. Yeah, I was a dumb kid, but weren't we all a little bit? I remember anxiously walking to Woolworth's every day in November of 1990, freaking out for her latest book and annoying the clerks by repeatedly asking when were the new ones coming in!

The day I saw the shelf stocker opening up a new box, I grabbed the first book out from the top, not even caring that it has a slit in the cover. I was a bit
Kristal Kitap
<3<3<3 ...James Mallory... <3<3<3

Elaine
Incredibly silly, some excellent smut scenes, and like most of the historical romance novels I've read, it goes on for a hundred pages too long.
Logically, I shouldn't like this book; Georgie was not believable and she was overconfident for her level of knowledge and experience while James *sigh* there was so much potential but a total let down overall. He was much too arrogant and manipulative. The plot was overdone and some parts just didn't make sense. But it is such an entertaining read, and
Chumchum_88
This was the cutest book I have read in a very long while (re-reads not withstanding), and the best Malory book so far, and to tell the truth its way better than the previous two.

Georgina was a funny character and immensely amusing to read, one of the reasons that endeared the Malory family to me is that they were a big brood, and an addition to another brood was a big welcome, I loved her relationship with her brother and with Mac, it reminded me of Regina from the first book. She was a bit ove
Indah Threez Lestari
Boleh dibilang, James Malory adalah tokoh favorit Johanna Lindsey di seri Malory ini, mengingat James selalu tampil dalam setiap novel. Tapi jelas, di novel ini ia adalah pemeran utamanya.

James tipe pemberontak dan pembuat masalah dalam keluarga. Petualang cinta kelas wahid sejak masih belia, ia menjadi buruan favorit para wanita bangsawan London yang bahkan sudah bersuami. Skandalnya dengan para istri tak setia itu membuatnya bertekad takkan pernah menikah seumur hidup.

Petualangannya memburu d
Netha
May 27, 2011 Netha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgina Anderson datang ke inggris tanpa sepengetahuan kakak2nya untuk mencari tunangannya yg dipaksa menjadi tentara inggris sejak 6 tahun yg lalu & menemukan bahwa malcom sudah menikah & mempunyai anak.
marah & jengkel georgina yg ditemani oleh mac menyamar sebagai laki2 & ikut kapal apapun yg akan bertolak ke amerika.
georgina menyamar sebagai cabin boy maiden anne, kapal milik james mallory.

james mallory, viscount of ryding, putera ke 3 keluarga mallory, mantan bajak laut yg s
Janja
Jun 18, 2016 Janja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. James got his match with George and her brothers.
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun premise, girl disguises herself as a young cabin boy to get a passage back to America. Unbeknowst to her, having met her and her companion brieftly before, the captain sees through it, and plans to seduce her.

The first 60% was a full 5 stars. I flew through those pages with a grin on my face. I love his reaction when he realized she left once his boat docked and his reaction when he meets her again on her turf - with all her protective brothers in tow. But once he took her ba
Emma Chase
Oct 15, 2012 Emma Chase rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, easy read with a "classic historical romance" feel. Loved the banter between Georgie and James. I wanted George to smack him several times throughout the story - that's my kind of romantic hero. Not a fan of the cover art, however.
Slavena
What a disappointment. So much praise for nothing. I picked up this book because I do like pregnant heroine stories, however apart from 2 sentences announcing that heroine was pregnant it wasn’t mentioned or included in the plot. Hero was totally ignoring it as if that meant nothing and heroine was acting as if “it is what it is” no point of brooding over it too much.

The book writing style is the first thing I disliked, I felt like I was reading a script for the stage it was purely dialogue and
Trang Nguyen
This book was more of a 3.5 rating than a 4 star. Gentle Rogue started in the middle of Tender Rebel the story of Rosalyn and Anthony, Jame's younger brother. Had the first 80 pages not been reiteration I would have rated Gentle Rogue a 4 star rating. (even though I rounded off to 4 stars)

James an ex-pirate, rogue, rake, black sheep of the Malory Family has met his match when he sets eyes on the little, temptress Georgina. Having met Georgie under unique circumstances, James becomes enamored wit
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Unabridged audiobook format - review written for Speaking of Audiobooks How We Listen Column 10/09/09:

Narrator Laural Merlington’s portrayal of hero James more or less ruined the audio version of this 1990 romance favorite. Not only did the hero’s rough, uncomfortably deep voice resemble a much older man but his laugh sounded exactly like the devil’s “Ha, ha, ha” in the online game Slingo (and believe me, that’s hard to overcome). And while I found the print version very humorous when I reread G
Yolanda
Jun 15, 2015 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me ha encantado, lo que me he podido reir!!!James es la bomba. Pienso que es uno de esos libros que no hay que perderse. Johanna Lindsey no es de mis escritoras favoritas pero este libro es uno de los imprescindible. Como siempre digo la cosa va a gustos pero a mi me ha encantado y se me caían las lágrimas de risa con James y con "George". Los piques de James y Tony son....
Tiko
i simply adored this book!!! i had sooo much fun... i simply love this stuff: pirating, sea...

i loved james even if he annoyed me at the ending, and georgiana annoyed me at the ending quite a bit too. whats with her tolerating everything and all...

but all in all i ADORED all of them :D i loved georgies brothers xD they were real sweeties :D and anthony was epic too :D

this book enchanted me from the very first page i guess... its something that you wont really find anywhere else xD an "ex"rake an
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
metroda herkesin dikkatini üzerime toplayacak kadar çok güldüren ama bir o kadarda saç yoldurup sinirlendiren bir kitaptı..
Valerie Bowman
Oct 26, 2015 Valerie Bowman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the very best.
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Bintang 5 sementara buat JL yg ini... TOB abiieezz.... Kocaaakk... bener2 hiburan d masa jenuh gw...

apa lagi pas adegan 'Dongeng sebelum Tidur'.nya... paraaahh... Gokiilll..

Selama baca di angkutan umum, gw terpaksa mesem2 nahan ketawa baca niih buku...

bener-bener dah... udah sampe buku ke #3... Johanna Lindsay kembali menunjukan bahwa, Pria Nakal itu Sangat Gentle... hohohoho...

intinya... makin Nakal, Makin Gentle.. ummm.. Yummmyy...

--PenyukaPriaNakal---
Any idea on this book's title? 1 1 14 hours, 6 min ago
Exceptional Hero 2 37 Dec 13, 2013 08:17PM
About a certain scene... 1 47 Aug 08, 2013 06:11PM
Boulder Book Club: Let's Get Romantic! 5 12 Jun 07, 2012 09:08AM
Boulder Book Club: Book 26 24 15 Jun 05, 2012 06:01AM
What's The Name o...: Woman disguises self as a boy and works on ship [s] 15 210 Dec 29, 2011 09:57AM
  • The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1)
  • The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1)
  • The Game (deWarenne Dynasty, #4)
  • Dreaming of You (The Gamblers, #2)
  • The Wind and the Sea
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • The Flame and the Flower
  • Devil's Embrace (Devil, #1)
  • Captain Jack's Woman (Bastion Club, #0.5)
  • Minx (The Splendid Trilogy, #3)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory-Anderson Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • The Holiday Present
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • That Perfect Someone (Malory-Anderson Family, #10)

“What you can't do is leave me!"
He was thrown back. There were still six crewmen standing against him. That wasn't deterring him in the least, however, which only infuriated her the more. The fool man was going to get tossed in the river yet.
She might do it herself. She was, after all, fed up with being told what she could or couldn't do. "And why can't I leave you?"
"Because I love you!"
He hadn't even paused in throwing another punch to shout that. Georgina, however, went very still, and breathless, and nearly sat down on the deck, her knees had gone so weak with the incredible emotion that welled up inside her.”
17 likes
“She found the page, cleared her throat and began to read, " 'There was nary a doubt that I had ever seen such big ones, round and ripe. My teeth ached to bite them' " God, what tripe! 2 likes