Start by marking “The Blue Paradise” as Want to Read:
The Blue Paradise

The Blue Paradise

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Pro baseball player Devin Carter is set to break a home run record until a knee injury puts him on the bench. With nothing to do but wait for recovery, Devin impulsively treats himself and his dog to a vacation in the Florida Keys. He checks in at a family-run hotel called The Blue Paradise—and that’s where things get interesting.

Sparks fly when Devin meets Jim Dellwood,
Published June 20th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Blue Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Paradise

Buggy
Opening Line: “Devin Carter had five days off thanks to a torn knee ligament, and he needed to get away from everyone and everything he knew, so he threw some clothes and a couple books in a bag, loaded the dog in the car, and drove down the gulf coast of Florida to Naples, where he picked up the Tamiami Trail.”

Wow, I totally got into this one, a real surprise as the story didn’t at all go where I was expecting it to and the love scenes were for the most part fade-to-black (which might explain s
Ami
The story starts pretty laid back -- as Devin impulsively goes for a vacation after a knee injury and quickly acts on his attraction to Jim, the grandson of the cottage owner that he stays in. Devin has four days of vacation and most of it, he spends it with Jim. It's insta connection, though I can't say it's insta love (no I love you's being said.

Then, when Devin returns to play the game, because of the long-distance situation between him and Jim, Devin decides to have gratification sex with on
Anke
Sep 04, 2012 Anke added it
Susan65

Yet another book where I am having problems figuring out how I feel.

I am not sure what to call the relationship between Devin and Jim at the beginning. They met at Jim's resort in the Florida Keys and were instant friends...they did not have sex until the day Devin left so it wasn't just a vacation fling...they really liked each other as people. One person I asked said it was open-ship, but to me it was so new, they didn't really know each other, and only spent a few days together, so i
Allison
I had passed over this originally because I don't particularly care for sports stories and I was worried that I would be forced to plod through baseball games, etc. I should have known better, there is no plodding in Theo Fenraven's stories!

I liked how the relationship between Devin and Jim developed over time. And although it was clear who the bad guy was from the beginning, simply because there aren't very many characters in the story, that part of the story played out well. I felt that Jorge’
Andrea
(This is not my usual kind of book to review, so please take note of the tags so you're not surprised, but it's so very very worth looking into.)

I really liked this story, though I wish it had been longer. The setting (in Florida) really added to the plot, giving it a carefree, sultry feel that I would love to find on any vacation.

But I also love my stories to have a twist, and boy did this one. When Devin and Jim met, it was sweet and no pressure, just two guys finding out about the other one.
Suze
I liked this read, its a short-ish, well written story about a baseball player whose career, and life, is put in jeopardy by a risky short term affair with a team mate. Some may not like how Devin got into his difficulties, but hey, wouldn't have a story then!
Despite the menace of Jorge, this was a fairly warm, light read for me - maybe it was all the warm Florida sunshine! I liked the romance between Jim and Devin, though most of it was by phone and whilst there are some sex scenes, they are qu
Bella
What can I say...this is the first book of the author am reading and I really liked this book. The characters were really mature and they grow on you, in my case it was Jim. He's such a simpleton character and it just makes u feel like "Aww I wish I could find one just like him". Devin creates mix feelings inside you but at the end he's bound to make you like him :D
The story is not so uncommon with heroes, villains and everything, but because of the way it was written it totally magnetize the re
ManOhMan

Reviewed by Ana: The story of Devin and Jim is wonderfully told by the author, from their first meeting through the rocky, angst filled relationship until the happy ending. You learn about the characters and how they deal with the situations life puts them through and no matter what happens you can't rooting for what you know will a better life for them. These are my favorite kind of stories and the author does a good job with Devin and Jim.

A
jules0623
MsMiz (Tina)
2.67 - See Ami's review. It is good;)
Heather
Good story about 2 men who meet, become friends then lovers in a relatively short time frame. They realistically deal with a long distance issue, however I felt Devin was a bit of an ass. Despite some pacing issues, I liked the author's writing style and look forward to more of his work.
Lorraine
Read it, finish it then what.? I liked the characters but not sure about the love thing,ah well reserve final opinion after the second,which there should be.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Tina said I'd hate it and after this review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I agree
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Jolene
Jolene added it
Jul 15, 2014
Eliza
Eliza added it
Jul 14, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Keitorin
Keitorin marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Irian Reader
Irian Reader marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dreamspinner Press: The Blue Paradise by Theo Fenraven 1 8 Jun 20, 2012 06:31AM
Theo Fenraven happily lives in south Florida, where it is hot and sunny much of the year.

More about Theo Fenraven...
Transgression Three of Swords (Precog in Peril #1) Phoenix Rising Numbers The Lightning Struck Tower (Precog in Peril #3)