The Apocalypse

The Apocalypse

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Hannah Ayers and Jake Allen have known each other since they were newborns. And have loathed each other for about as long. Now seniors in high school, it seems as if their never ending feud will be just that: never ending. That is, until, one stormy night when Hannah is in a terrible car accident leaving her with no memory whatsoever. Jake can either use this to his advant...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 3rd 2012 by Jack Parker

Mitch
I'm shocked by how much I enjoyed this. Just ignore the title. And the cover. And the romantic suspense tagline. And the summary - although I guess it's not inaccurate. Because the The Apocalypse is actually light, breezy, and incredibly fun, Jack Parker's story of childhood rivalry turned romance had me from page one.

What's so great? Jake and Hannah just kept surprising me. The chapters switch off between Jake's and Hannah's perspectives, so even though they say and do some pretty heartless and...more
Courtney Madden
Dear Jack Parker,
I'M the real author of this story. I published it here: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2384214...

I'm so thrilled to see that you enjoyed MY story enough to publish it as yours.

Siew Ee
The story was not what I expected at all because of the title. There was nothing apocalyptic. Instead, there’s the normal drama of high school, made more dramatic and entertaining by the intense dislike between Hannah and Jake. In fact, I did not even think it’s possible to dislike another person so much.

Good storytelling compelled me to read on despite my initial disappointment on the genre issue. It’s a simple story, about how a girl and a boy, who practically hated each other from birth, wer...more
Ornella (Nyx)
4.5 Stars

I really really enjoyed this book. Stayed up so laye trying to finish it, but it kept me sucked in the whole time. Even though it was kinda hard to warm up to Jake at the start and Hannah and her friends, mainly Libby, were pretty bitchy sometimes, I still really liked it.

We get to see both of their POVs so even if their actions made me mad and frustrated at times I still understood them. It was kinda hard to warm up to Jake at first, but it was all with in character and as the book pr...more
Jane Kelsey
It has me gripped. Kept me up all night until I finished it. Funny, romantic and witty, I really liked the book. The characters well rounded, the story believable and a good plot. It was a fun, relaxing read.

Don't get fooled by the title... the first quarter of the book I was expecting something apocalyptic to happen but it didn't.

I'm not sure I would give it 4 stars exactly under other circumstances, but I really enjoy it, and a book that deprives me from sleep is really worth it ;)
Tia
It was cute, funny and down to earth. There was some heart shattering moments where I thought, omg this is going to go downhill but it didn't. I was surprised how much I truly loved this novel. I would definitely recommend it.
Ang
I really liked this it was sweet and funny.
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Christina Rodriguez
Christina Rodriguez marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Megha
Megha added it
Feb 02, 2014
Tamslyn
Tamslyn marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Dawn cline
Dawn cline marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Don Boivin
Don Boivin marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Sandhiyaann
Sandhiyaann marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Angief
Angief marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Ashley Schwartau
Ashley Schwartau marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Roseanne
Roseanne marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
STOLEN: COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT 1 6 Nov 13, 2012 07:53PM
Accidentally on Purpose (Gracie Greene Mysteries Book 2) Shooter Perfect Crime Accused Obsessed