Start by marking “The Exotics Book 2: Xanadu House” as Want to Read:
The Exotics Book 2: Xanadu House

The Exotics Book 2: Xanadu House

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Rachael survived her adventures on The Floating Menagerie and went back to her normal life…except that her mom is still missing. Now she’s coming down with the Exotics virus herself and is changing into a half-human, half-animal Exotic, just like her friends. As a new Exotic, Rachael can’t control the change, so she travels to a safe place for Exotics in danger—Xanadu Hous ...more
ebook
Published June 4th 2012 by Wonderland Press

To ask other readers questions about The Exotics Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exotics Book 2

EmmaMarie Hunneyball
This is a book about what children do to other children when they sense weakness, vulnerability, and difference.

in "Xanadu House" Rachael is again forcibly removed from her home and the remnants of her family, and thrown into the world of The Exotics. This time she goes not only as their champion, but as one of them. As she begins her bizarre transformation into a gecko Rachael demonstrates that familiar knack for accepting a weird truth, and using it to her advantage. In another writer's hands
Gerald
As an adult, I'm not supposed to admit that I enjoyed reading a book for younger readers. But as a grandfather, it's okay for me to tell how much my grandkids will enjoy De Kenyon's book, Xanadu House.

Xanadu House is Book 2 of The Exotics, and it's a bit hard to get started if you haven't read Book 1 (a problem which is readily solved). A bit hard, that is, if you're an adult with the adult kind of mind that insists on every question having a logical answer. On the other hand, Xanadu House has a
Elizabeth Barone
"Xanadu House" starts off with seemingly ordinary kid problems: staying with a relative, bullies at school, and homesickness. The story quickly becomes more complicated as Rachael gains control of her animal form and learns more about the bullies.

The ending was my favorite part, even though it abruptly cut and left me saying, "That's it?!" out loud. The Exotics is a fun and exciting series, and even though it's technically for kids, I'm really enjoying it.
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
De Kenyon likes to cook and eat weird food that tastes good but grosses people out when they find out what’s in it, like chocolate truffles with fish sauce, fish heads, and tongue sandwiches. Her next gross-food project is going to be finding a tasty way to cook brains, which she will then feed to her daughter, aged ten.

She does karate with her daughter now, just in case zombies attack or her daug
More about De Kenyon...
The Society of Secret Cats Bunny Attack! Tales Told Under the Covers: Zombie Girl Invasion & Other Stories Guinea Pig Apocalypse The Exotics: Tigerlilly (A Short Story)