Start by marking “12 Rounds (Knockout, #1)” as Want to Read:

12 Rounds (Knockout #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  3,195 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
Published July 31st 2012 by S.B. Addison Books

Lauren Hammond
Sep 05, 2012 Lauren Hammond rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm super excited about this book....

I'm going to go ahead and say this now... It's NOT YA.

Here's a little teaser...

~Sean Reilly~

I know what most people think of guys like me.

They think that I’m a scumbag.

A bottom feeder.

They think I’m the lowest form of a man.

A good for nothing ex-drug runner mixed up in a ring of corruption, blow(yes, the white powder), and illegal activity.

What I’d really like to tell them is to F*** off. Well, that and that I am none of the things they think I am. Damn hypo
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
5 Right Hook Stars!!

SEAN: Sex appeal galore. tats, facial piercing, undefeated champion boxer of the world, speaks with a slight Irish brogue!! Oh my fucken god where can I find HIM!!

He just gets more bad ass and appealing, ex drug runner, corrupted killer, illegal activity!! And also a member of the Braithreachas Don Saol, a branch of the Irish mafia and king pins of the drug cartel..

Someone please tell me what wasn't covered in this book!! It had it all!!

Wants book 2 now!!
Emily
When Sean Reilly thought he had no other options, he committed a pledge to the Braithreachas Don Saol vowing his loyalty until his death. At seventeen he did not realize the extent of his pledge, nor that it would lead him to a life surrounded by drugs, death, and the seediest side of Cleveland. He did all this though and never spoke a complaint as long as it kept his sister Teagan safe.

Sean walks in on a man forcibly attacking a woman, all that inner rage he carries has found a victim to unleas
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
4-4 1/2 STARS

Loved it even if it was getting closer to the end and I was getting frustrated things weren't moving fast enough for my liking!!
Hadlee has been through a very bad experience which has left lasting scars. The author did a brilliant job or portraying her feelings throughout the book. I really did sympathise with Hadlee as battled against what happened to her and the demons telling her she was too weak to withstand them :(

Sean well where do I start with him???

He is just amazing in
Nikki
WHAT THE FUCK!!!

I'm speechless right now... I have no one to blame but myself for this too. I broke one of my own rules. Rules I established after the last time I read a book going in blind, and wound up on an emotional roller coaster that broke my heart. True, this one wasn't as bad, but still. I can't decide if I'm pissed right the eff off or intrigued enough to come back for more... Here I am going with the flow, enjoying the writing of this author. She drew me in from page one. I felt what H
Darkfallen
Jul 29, 2012 Darkfallen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-n-reviewed, arc
So I have been eagerly anticipating this book for MONTHS now. It's should come as no surprise that when it comes to Lauren Hammond I have definitely drank the Kool-Aide. So when I first found out about this book I about drooled on myself. I mean you take a awesome writer like Lauren and then she writes a totally hot bad boy? Ummmmmm YES PLEASE!! And let me tell you she does not disappoint!

Sean isn't really a bad guy. I mean deep down there is a heart in there somewhere. In fact that heart is wha
MareTara SLiTsReaD Reviews
Hollay Shyte! I don't know what it is with me and the mob/mafia but Gawd I love those men.

Book 2 needs to come out now because it left me feeling bereft and I need to know how this story is going to unfold!

13 rounds looks like it is going to be even better than 12!

November can't come soon enough
Caro
Aug 14, 2015 Caro rated it it was ok
Lauren Hammond is a hit or miss author for me. 12 rounds is the fourth of her books that I read. It was okay.

I won't go into the story details since the summary is extremely thorough, but I'd like to talk about the execution, character work and pacing.
A year or so ago, I read Famished, Lauren Hammond's YA Dystopian book. The idea was decent enough, but the execution was terribly lacking.
I assume that 12 Rounds was written later, and the author's style has improved tremendously since Famished.

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
HOLY BABY JESUS I NEED A SEAN RIGHT HOOK REILLY RIGHT NOW! Man where to begin with this review. I have read a lot of books this year and I have LOVED a lot of books but 12 Rounds is in my top five for the year! Holy Cow was I so into this book that I just checked out and did not cook super or do homework with the kids. I told my husband dammit it is daddy duty get to it! I am reading and I don't want to be interrupted. Bawhahaha needless to say everyone left me alone to read and I was so happy!

S
Kristy
I was really caught up in this book. At first I thought it was moving sort of slowly, Hadlee and Sean to get together. I kept thinking that the book would be over before they admitted feelings for each other. But when I finally got to the end and saw where she said the next installment would be coming out in November, I breathed a sigh of relief first. But then I thought back over what I just read and was really excited. Lauren Hammond is really taking her time telling this story. The flow is ve ...more
 B.E.Love
Jun 22, 2013 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
What's not to like
hot possessive faithful Hero -check
Irish mofia -check
fighter -check
great love story -double check

what we get is a great story about a girl who because of an attach is living with fear and a guy who because of a bad decision as a teen has had his life taken from him with only his sister and boxing left. Until Sean and Hadlee see each other one day at the gym were Sean boxes and Hadlee takes self defense classes. After they see each other they're relationship grows and they fall
Wminbc
Sep 20, 2012 Wminbc rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fighters
Love to be surprised! A great book!
I was so surprised by this book...12Rounds has the bad boy, the fighting and the tat's etc...but so much more. I loved the evolution of character that both Sean and Hadlee under went. Well written and eagerly awaiting 13Rounds!
Julie
Aug 29, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Dreams
So I had huge expectations for this book...I'm a big fan of boxing and of Lauren Hammond's artistic writing ability, so when I saw that those two were going to be combined in "12 rounds", I was "excited" to put it lightly. :)

I thought this book did an amazing job depicting the ambiance Cleavland has.
If you've ever been there for any amount of time and you read this book you'll understand what I'm saying...parts of it are unsavory but, there's this other side to it that's very appealing. It's th
Emma L Smith
Oct 23, 2013 Emma L Smith rated it really liked it
So things I liked.....

I'm currently trying to drudge my way through 'This Man' and there were a couple of similar scenes (pulling her off the dance floor and threatening current dance partner for example)that were just done so much better. Sean is a good alpha, he's strong and sure and firm but at the same time can show his compassion and love without any trouble. I like that when he's aggressive, there's a reason and he can instantly flick back to being soft and sweet. I like the conflicted nat
Coachlady1
Aug 07, 2012 Coachlady1 rated it really liked it
Ooooookay... here we go. I was so ticked that this book ended the way it did. I understand that it's part of a series and the story's meant to be continued, but I just didn't feel that it led up to the little cliffhanger correctly. I dunno... maybe I'm just mad 'cause I want more *shrug*

That being said, I loved this book! Loved the characters, the story line and the different points of view being presented. I could sympathize with Hadlee & totally got where she was coming from. I loved Sean.
Linsey
Sep 04, 2012 Linsey rated it really liked it
Wow! By looking at this cover you'd think that it would be one of those steamy-hot, R-rated kind of reads....but it's not. However, it is still hot 12 Rounds was not what I was expecting. In fact, it turns out to be a really good story that deals with realistically flawed characters; whom I had no trouble connecting with. I loved Sean, his character has a lot of depth. He is just like the one guy (I'm sure we've all had them) that you think you could tame or make a difference with. Lee is also a ...more
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
I loved this..the character were gripping and Sean, OMG he is a bad bad boy and he has got into it bad, but you can't help but love the guy. The front cover said it all that's what I picture when I read this and i could not put the thing down. I am rambling and I am going to have to write this again when my head is able to think of anything but Sean. I can not wait for 13 rounds. its on my most wanted list.
Jill
Oct 24, 2012 Jill rated it liked it
Okay, I was cruising through this book and liking it. Thinking surely it's got to be getting to the juicy bits, it's leading to them, okay something goods happening....then bam. End of Story. What?!??
So the next bits out soon, right? I want to know what's going to happen but I have to say I am a little disapointed that the author has split the story over two books.
Amy Hitt-Jones
Sep 08, 2012 Amy Hitt-Jones rated it it was amazing
I am going to lose my mind waiting for the sequel to this book!!! I keep telling myself that I will stop reading books with sequels unless all the books are already out in the series but once again I got roped in!! This was a great read!!!!
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Jul 31, 2013 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it really liked it
3.5 maybe? I love the story.... Hadlee's character here I don't get yet... their story/link as a pair I'm still trying to also grasp then the book ended... but the story by itself is what I like the most... and.. It is a cliffhanger...
Christine
I really like Lauren Hammond's previous books. This one had poor character development. We did not even see the main characters talk until 23% or so. Also, ends in a cliffy, but not sure sequel will be released. The author has not released anything...to my knowledge...in awhile.
Lisa stephenson
Oct 14, 2012 Lisa stephenson rated it it was amazing

Loved the book, can't wait for 13 rounds to come out. This author captures her readers with her books... For all that I read they are never boring and every time for me I can't seem to put them down!
Scarlet
Irish mafia + tortured hero + droll-worthy romanse = I LIKE IT!

4,5 stars
Jayjay
Sep 27, 2012 Jayjay rated it it was amazing
Posted @ We Fancy Books Blog

WARNING: This book may contain language that may not be suitable for young ages.

12 Rounds is probably the best Contemporary Romance I’ve read in awhile. I never thought I would get attached with the story and characters this way. I want more.

Connor Doyle is the leader of a Mafia and with Sean Reilly’s parent recent death he adopted him to be his right arm, the heir of the Mafia after him. Sean didn’t realize this when he did the pledge. He didn’t know what the consequ
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Sean (Right-Hook) Reilly knows a few things about himself. One, he's the middle-weight boxing champion of the world with an undefeated record. Two, women find his cocky persona, chiseled biceps, and inked body sexy. Also, the fact that it's known that he doesn't do relationships only adds to his sex appeal. And three, he's Irish, proud of it, and a member of the Braithreachas Don Saol, a branch of the Irish mafia and king pins of the drug cartel taking over the streets of Cleveland.

Connor Doyle(
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
This book will grab you and pull you into Sean and Hadlee's world really quickly. There are a smattering of typo's throughout the book but not enough to detract from the story and what a story it is.

Sean, sold his soul to the Brotherhood and has ever since been living to serve Connie and stay alive. He also one night saved a girl from being raped and killed. Sean is a womanising, muscle bound bad guy, all he sees in women is tits and arse and them giving him a good time to satisfy his needs, he'
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sep 24, 2012 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
This book is going to be hard for me to review, mainly because I loved so much about it and because there as so much I didn't like about it.

Sounds contradictory right? And it is, sort of but it isn't as bad as it sounds.

What I loved about this book? The characters. They were real and flawed and broken and then found strength and solace in each other.

I loved their loyalty and their strength. Their love for each other.

I loved the secondary characters almost as much as I loved the main.

What I didn
Jackie
3.5 stars. Great mob-style romance. Loved Sean with his faults and all and Hadlee was a great main character as well. One downside was there wasn't much romance in this book. It was a lot of storyline buildup with Sean's lifestyle in the mob and Hadlee trying to deal with the big thing that happens to her in the beginning of the book, so i am hoping the next book is less of that and more of Sean and Hadlee's relationship. No hot and steamy scenes in this, just kissing and very little of that too ...more
Courtney
Oct 20, 2012 Courtney rated it it was amazing
I must say that I was really looking forward to reading this book and was left wanting more!!! Lauren does a great job of building up the characters and developing the story line but I was expecting more between the two characters together. But what we did get to read about the two characters was great - Sean comes from a rough background (and HOT!!) and Hadlee's history is not something that is easy to overcome and move on from. I am hoping that with so much build up in this book between Sean a ...more
13 Rounds? 15 104 Aug 01, 2013 01:17PM
  • Battered Not Broken (MMA Romance Companion Novels, #1)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts Book 2)
  • Ink Lust (Lust for Life, #1)
  • The Fighter's Block (The Fighter's Block, #1)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Extreme Love (Love to the Extreme, #1)
  • Risk (Risk, #1)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Fight for Her (Fight For Her #1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • In Kelly's Corner (Fighting Connollys, #1)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Simply, Mine
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Hector (5th Street, #3)
  • Tell Me You Want Me (College Romance, #1)
Lauren Hammond knew from a young age that she was born to be a writer. After publishing her first novel in 2007, she then went on to write several screenplays and a few award winning poems.She aspires to be a positive role model for young people who have a pencil, a piece of paper, and a dream. Never give up on your dreams, you might wake up one day and regret not pursuing them.She has two more no ...more
More about Lauren Hammond...

Knockout (2 books)
  • Knockout (Knockout, #2)

“Where's the fun in fucking if the fucker can't slam the fuckee into a wall or two?” 8 likes
“That’s what you don’t get, Hadlee. You’re saving me too. Every second I spend with you, you save me a little more. When I’m around you, I want to better myself. I want to be a better man.” 7 likes