Diamond In The Rough - Berlian Terpendam

Diamond In The Rough - Berlian Terpendam (The Men of Medicine Ridge #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,115 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Sassy Peale berjuang keras menghidupi keluarganya, tapi tetap saja penghasilannya di toko pakan ternak tak pernah cukup. Belum lagi ia harus menghadapi pelecehan yang dilakukan atasan tempatnya bekerja. Lalu datanglah John Callister, pria yang dikira Sassy hanya koboi mandor peternakan setempat namun, entah bagaimana, selalu bisa membantu Sassy.

Ternyata John bukan sekadar...more
Published June 19th 2012 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Diamond In The Rough - Berlian Terpendam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond In The Rough - Berlian Terpendam

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This was a fun, sweet read by one of my favorite authors. John is probably one of the nicest heroes that Diana Palmer has ever written. Yes he did pretend to be a modest cowboy, but you can't hold that against him, considering his past. From the beginning, he reaches out and helps Sassy with no underlying motives. He sees the good and the beauty in a small-town, simple girl who has sacrificed everything for her sick mother and adopted sister.

Although I love her writing, and don't have any issues...more
Ryn
Oh. My. Goodness. If it were possible to issue a negative rating, I definitely would have done so. Romance novels all try to spoon-feed readers a little bit; they seem to spell the plot out, and cheesiness is expected.

This book was so much worse.

Rather than focus on all the horrific things (weak plot, one-dimensional characters, pure sap, etc.), I'm just going to focus on the most horrific thing: the style of writing. I can't even describe the kind of language this novel used. It was so simpli...more
Jenny
Super sweet heroine and a very smitten hero who is a true prince charming. He saves the heroine and her family from poverty, from sickness and even from an evil guy who tries to rape our heroine. I want John Callister all to myself!
Pam
Diamond in the Rough is by Diana Palmer.
John Callister has come to Hollister to start a new ranch under the ageus of the Callister Empire in Montana. He decides he wants to be accepted for himself and not as a Callister so he uses his middle name and sets himself as overseer of the renovations taking place on the ranch.
Sassy Peale is a pretty young girl who comes with baggage. She lives with and takes care of her mother and adopted little sister. She is trying to keep food on the table and clo...more
Perdani Budiarti
Seorang pria berpendirian teguh yang langsung berkomitmen untuk menikah dengan sang tokoh wanita dengan jarak usia cukup jauh dalam cerita karya Diana Palmer? Hmm, aku tidak ingat pernah menemukannya sebelum John Callister di buku ini. Memang pada awalnya pria ini hanya menganggap Sassy sebagai sosok rapuh seorang wanita yang ditimpa kemalangan: ditinggalkan ayahnya sejak kecil, punya seorang ibu yang menderita kanker dan seorang adik angkat yang masih kecil, dan terakhir mengalami pelecahan sek...more
Danielle
This book was a nice, simple read. Nothing too strenuous at all. It was a typical Diana Palmer with a naive and unworldly heroine and a hero who is much older than the heroine and much, much, much richer. Sassy Peale unlike other Diana Palmer heroines is extremely poor and lives in a house with her sick mother and her mother's six year old adopted daughter. At the age of nineteen, Sassy has to bear the brunt of providing for her family on the meagre salary she made as an assistant at the feed st...more
Fiary
Rasanya rindu banget dengan gaya DP yg dulu….

Sassy Peale, gadis manis di usia belia telah menjadi tulang punggung keluarga. Setelah ayahnya kabur bersama wanita lain, dan ibunya didera sakit kanker serta masih ditambah lagi dia memiliki adik angkat berusia 6 thn, tak pelak lagi Sassy lah yg menjadi tumpuan utk membiayai kehidupan keluarga kecil Peale.
Pekerjaan apa yg bisa didapat Sassy yg hanya tamatan SMA di kota kecil Hollister selain sebagai penjaga toko pakan ternak.
Sayangnya, Sassy sering...more
Erotic Horizon
I have been reading Ms. Palmers books since forever and to be honest she is an auto buy for me – I know her protags are so stereotypical and she more or less has a mould that she sticks to – but i can’t resist any book that she write..

She has the whole testosterone alpha male character done to an art and while some times her female shows some sign of a fight, they are more or less the girly type who generally roll over and die type.

With DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH it is no different.

We are introduced t...more
Miss Kodok

John Callister, seorang pria tampan dan kaya pemilik sebuah peternakan sapi terkenal dari Medicine Ridge, Montana. Mereka baru saja membeli sebuah peternakan yang telah lama ditinggalkan pemiliknya di Hollister. Peternakan yang telah rusak tak terawat itu membutuhkan dana yang tidak sedikit untuk dihidupkan kembali. Untuk mencegah melambungnya harga barang-barang yang dibutuhkan karena namanya, John menyembunyikan identitas dirinya dan datang ke Hollister sebagai seorang mandor pekerja bernama J...more
Barbara
Sometimes, Diane Palmer writes books that are character-driven and enjoyable (Renegade); other times, she writes the same book over and over again, employing the same fiction tropes and it gets old after a while (Diamond in the Rough). This book is part of her series, “The Men of Medicine Ridge”, and focuses on wealthy rancher John Callister and his romance with sweet, naïve Cassandra (“Sassy”) Peale.

My first objection to this book is the age of the characters; John is 30, Sassy is 19 and innoce...more
Amy
This was bad. So bad, I didn't even bother listening to the last half hour of the audiobook. The narrator was pretty good, but oh my gosh. The characters? Let's just make them so unrealistic it hurts. Man: a eco-conscious rich cowboy who really wants children and has bright shiny knight's armor. Teenager: pretty girl with no relationship experience for some odd reason with just about everything wrong in her life to make her a huge sob story, from sexual assault at work to a mom with lung cancer...more
Cassandra
It is one of her best and I like the fact that you get to see other characters from Circle of gold and see how they progress. Really good book, not her usual formula of "rich man meets girl, girl falls for guy, misunderstanding leads to horrible insults on being poor/fat/plain/etc, something bad happens to girl, man realizes that he loves girl, man tries and succeeds in winning girl, live happily ever after." This time, yes the guy is rich, but the only misunderstanding is she doesn't know he's...more
Joni
John Callister comes to town to get the ranch up and running that his family just bought. He is super rich but tells everybody he is the hired manager of the Ranch. Sassy works at the local feed shop to support her sick mother and little adopted sister. The person she works for is not at all nice to her and John notices that and her. John saves the day on so many levels, Sassy adores him. That is until he discovers he has been lying to her the whole time about who he is. John has to work to get...more
Brittany
Feb 04, 2014 Brittany rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance
This was another amazing read from my favorite author! I prefer her longer novels over these short one's but still, she is and always will be an auto-buy for me and John is one of the nicest cowboys I've read about from her and Sassy is just so sweet even after everything she went though!
Donna
This one was especially bad which made it a funny read. I wish I could remember some of the lines to post here. Not worth my time to look up any of it.
Sari
Satu kalimat paling cocok buat buku ini "Too Good to be true"

Klo dongeng" Disney meracuni pikiran anak" bahwa jika menjadi anak yg baik maka dimasa yang akan datang, ia akan mendapatkan jodoh pangeran berkuda putih suata saat nanti, nah buku ini akan meracuni wanita" single bahwa jika dia miskin namun mau berusaha keras, suatu saat pangeran tampan yang kaya raya akan menyelamatkannya dari kemiskinan. kekeke.....

Alur ceritanya terlalu klise, terlalu muluk, terlalu dongeng, sampe bacanya gw serasa...more
Martha Obika
I have not read it
Meaghan
charming story but i prefer her longer novels.
Maggie
I listened to this on audio and it was okay, just okay. I didn't feel compelled to keep listening but I didn't have another book loaded on my ipod so I finished this one. It wasn't memorable.
Sherry
I give Diamond in the Rough 3 and a half stars. Although the plot is somewhat formulaic, Palmer fans will happily forgive the author for this because the story is exactly what they want; sweet, with involved characters and of course the expected and demanded for, happy ending. A definite must read for Palmer and romance fans alike.
Jenny
This was a smaller book and the story line felt rushed besides the fact that I didn't like having a 19 year girl be the "heroine" of this Harlequin romance novel. Her age is addressed in the book but it didn't help me. To me this is the type of book that if you did a "where are they now?" the characters would not still be together.
Jenny Schwartz
I like rescue stories, and I'm prepared to suspend disbelief to enjoy them. But this one pushed me too far. Things were so awful for the young heroine that she didn't seem real and as for the hero. I'd have kicked him in the ankle. I don't like liars.

All that said, I liked the sheriff and I've pre-ordered his story.
Yulia Anggraini
Adem ayem ajaaah...
G kek crita tante DP yg biasax...Herox g sombong,g ad marah2 g jelasx,g ad pkiran jelek...Pokokx hero yg satu in baiiik sangat...Jd aneh rasax ktmu hero tante DP yg g pengen dhantam kepalax... ;p
ooh tp yg cew x msih khas tante DP,umurx msih 19thun...He3h...
Tasha
This is very "once upon a time" to me but balanced enough that it doesn't make it too over the top. I like the characters but struggled a little with Sassy. She's really super sweet but I just couldn't put my finger on the lack of connection. Still a good story.
~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~
Datar... Serasa baca buku bacaan.

Secara keseluruhan, ceritanya bagus seh. Cuma mungkin chemistrynya datar. Gak bergejolak seperti buku2 DP lainnya. Yg cowonya minta digampar, cewenya TSTL.

Gak ada kejutan, apalagi saat identitas cowonya terbuka.
Tukang Kueh Keren
sungguh sebuah rekor, Perlu waktu 4 bulan buat menamatkan sebuah buku romance *lap keringet*

Tidak seperti romance ala DP sebelumnya, cerita Di buku ini membosankan sekali. review nya diterusin kapan - kapan kalo sempet
Morgan
The whole she's 19 and he's 32 thing is a little skeevy. I think even Diana Palmer was a little uncomfortable because there were fewer loves scenes than in other novels. Which I was okay with because she's 19...
Vickie O'neal

This was a true Diana Palmer story. If I don't cry through the book it's not worth reading. She always brings the true spirit of people out in her books. Makes you appreciate what you have in life.
Angela Noviana
Kok cowoknya gak dingin dan egois ya?
Hmmm... Agak hilang sih karakteristik utama cowok di buku ini yang biasanya ada di buku Diana Palmer lainnya.

But, I still like the book ^^
  • At Home In Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #6)
  • Colter's Wife
  • Bedding His Virgin Mistress
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Makings of a Good Man
  • To Ruin the Duke
  • The Warrior
  • To Wed in Texas (The McLain Series 3)
  • Branded
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • A Stranger's Kiss
  • Baby at His Convenience
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade