Start by marking “New Sun Rising: Stories for Japan” as Want to Read:
New Sun Rising: Stories for Japan

New Sun Rising: Stories for Japan

4.77 of 5 stars 4.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
New Sun Rising: Stories for Japan is an anthology of stories, flash fiction, poems, haibun, haiku and artwork and photography donated by over 60 creators from all over the world to support those in Japan still affected by the aftermath of the 2011 tsunami and earthquake. All monies go the Japanese Red Cross.

This anthology was prepared by an international team of volunteer...more
Published June 8th 2012 by Raging Aardvark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about New Sun Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Sun Rising

Teresa
A mixed-bag anthology, published to benefit the Japanese Red Cross to support those affected by the 2011 tsunami and earthquake. It'll go on my shelf with the other works I've acquired and enjoyed that have done the same: Tomo: Friendship through Fiction: An Anthology of Japan Teen Stories, 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake and Write For Tohoku. The books are very different, yet all worthwhile, as is the case with the writings included here.
Marcus Speh
Nov 25, 2012 Marcus Speh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic kaleidoscope of writing talent welded together under the sign of the rising sun, celebrating Japan and keeping the memory alive of the terrible disasters that befell the country in March 2011, led by celebrated Austrian poet Friederike Mayröcker (and including my 'Gyoza Express'). I much enjoyed participating in this project and I wish it and all involved great success! —Looking forward to holding the paperback copy in my hands now....more
Uche Ogbuji
Jun 13, 2012 Uche Ogbuji rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Quite a rich variety in genres, styles, concepts and moods in this packed anthology with a cause. I was impressed by the quality of writing throughout. Disclaimer: I did contribute a poem to this anthology.
Marcus Speh
Nov 22, 2012 Marcus Speh rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Sylvia Petter
Jun 10, 2012 Sylvia Petter rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Proud to be involved with this book. Have read it from cover ro cover several times. Stories, flash poems, haiku, haibun, artwork ... Uplifting wonderful anthology celebrating Japan. Great variety. Includes Pushcart nominees for prose and poetry and a wonderful poem donated by Friederike Mayröcker.
W.f. Lantry
Great Project!
Shoshanna
Shoshanna marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Randa
Randa marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jess Swinburne
Jess Swinburne marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Diocletian
Diocletian marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Nicole~
Nicole~ marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Ana Rînceanu
Ana Rînceanu marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Rand
Rand marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Ted
Ted added it
Dec 05, 2013
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Hannah Rousey
Hannah Rousey marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Irnalasari
Irnalasari marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Kasane Teto
Kasane Teto marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Annie is a prolific scribbler of characters, weaver of story lines and champion of the return of the short story. She infuses her eclectic writing with life experience drawn on years teaching, traversing the corporate landscape and motherhood. Annie is the creative energy behind the cutting edge collaborative writing project CYOA http://chooseyouronlineadventures.com, a contributing editor on a nu...more
More about Annie Evett...
Twisted Tales 2013: Flash Fiction with a Twist Nothing but Flowers: Tales of Post Apocalyptic Love A Metazen Christmas 50 Stories for Pakistan Chinese Whisperings: The Yin and Yang Book