Start by marking “The Object: Book One” as Want to Read:
The Object: Book One

The Object: Book One

ANNOUNCEMENT: Now available!

Visit the blog for several different opportunities to win a paperback and other cool contests: www.whatistheobject.com

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"We don't know where it came from. We don't know what it is. We don't know what it plans to do."

Walking home from school always felt dangerous to Lillia. Creepy people watching you from their porch steps. The sudd
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 200 pages
Published December 20th 2012 (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Object, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Object

J.L. Dobias
Oct 28, 2013 J.L. Dobias rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horror fans
Shelves: book-shelf-11
The Object: Book One (Object Series) by Winston Emerson

I really enjoyed this novel although I'm not that attached the the horror mayhem type of stories like this. This draws some similarities to H.G. Wells War of the Worlds, which again is a good novel just not my favorite. This novel takes place in Louisville instead of England and also has some similarities to the novel series The Beginning of the End by Michael Edward.

Winston Emerson creates some strong and believable characters and the writi
Ed
Jul 22, 2013 Ed rated it liked it
"The Object: Book One" -- I shoulda known better: it says "Book One" plainly in the title, but I foolishly thought there'd still be some kind of wrap-up before it ended and the next one started. The Object is an enormous spaceship-looking thing that suddenly parks itself over Louisville. (Louisville?!?)

Nearly all of the horror in this book is the man's-inhumanity-to-man type. There are a few characters (OK, three) that we do want to know and protect, but most are either inherently bad (or even j
J. Laing
Oct 11, 2012 J. Laing rated it it was amazing
Set firmly in a Louisville that is so rich with gritty texture and detail that it almost threatens as an antagonist itself, author Winston Emerson assembles a colorful cast of eclectic characters, each one struggling in their own way against the grind of day to day life. But, things can get worse. Oh how things are most definitely going to get a lot worse...when a great, mysterious sphere--The Object--appears without warning in the afternoon sky.

This book is a finger blister-inducing page turner
N. Kuhn
Apr 15, 2013 N. Kuhn rated it really liked it
What an intricate tale woven here for us. Are they aliens? Are they peaceful? Will we all die? In a Stephen King-esqe world, the author intertwines the story of several people, pulling them together at the end. But, as with any good serial, the end is leaving us screaming NO!!! Where's the rest?! I'm definitely hooked and a new fan of The Object!

Now, why, if i loved it so much, is it only 4 stars? Some points left me slightly confused, or didn't make sense. But there are literally one/two. This
Georgeanna
Oct 11, 2012 Georgeanna rated it it was amazing
Well, I've finished as much as possible. I wish there were more, but I'm unable to find any continuation of this story. It is amazing! Fantastic, brilliant, edgy sci-fi with great characters that I really grew to care about, and a fascinating alien 'first contact' kind of thing going on. I really, really wish there were more.
Alicia Huxtable
Oct 29, 2014 Alicia Huxtable rated it really liked it
Wow! This book baffled me for at least the first half. I didn't know what was happening but the author has written it to the extent that you can't put it down, you need to know! Looking forward to book 2
Joe Vitucci
Dec 29, 2013 Joe Vitucci rated it liked it
Interesting, but I'm not happy this book is part of a series. Aliens? OK. spaceships and government? OK. Panic and murder, death and destruction? OK. Series?
Bummer.
Terry Isbell
Terry Isbell rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2013
Carla Williams
Carla Williams rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Melissajane Clingan
Melissajane Clingan rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 2/28/13
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Jessica Bakaitis
Jessica Bakaitis rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
David
David rated it liked it
May 11, 2013
Threezedzz
Threezedzz rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Lara Setlak
Lara Setlak rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
ray young
ray young rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Misty Middleton
Misty Middleton rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2014
Thomas Merrick
Thomas Merrick rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Coletta
Coletta rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Justin Cross
Justin Cross rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2016
Penny Chance
Penny Chance rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2012
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Autumn Ash
Autumn Ash rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Todd
Todd rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2012
  • The Man Who Ended the World
  • Brainstorm
  • Hot Chocolate
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • The Instant Genius
  • Supernatural Freak (Supernatural Freak, #1)
  • Ocean of Dust
  • Burden of the Soul
  • Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller
  • Memoria
  • World's Collider: A Shared-World Anthology
Winston Emerson hesitates to offer biographical information on the off chance he may one day write a memoir.
More about Winston Emerson...