Start by marking “Emotionally Scarred (Empath Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Emotionally Scarred (Empath Chronicles, #0.5)

Emotionally Scarred (Empath Chronicles 0.5)

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Emma has been bullied her whole life. Her supernatural ability to sense other people’s emotions makes their cruel words even more painful. When Emma changes schools she hopes things will be different, but a prank and a risky plan turn into a life or death situation. Emma will discover she has more power than she thought, but will she use it for good?
Published June 7th 2012 by Fairies and Fantasy Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Emotionally Scarred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotionally Scarred

Veronica Morfi
Jul 19, 2012 Veronica Morfi rated it it was amazing
So small...I wish there was more.

This is the prequel to Emotionally Charged and the story of how Emma joined the Empaths team. I have to admit I wasn't a fan of Emma reading Emotionally Charged, and really who was? But seeing how she was treated at school made me feel kind of sorry but by the end of the story it was pretty obvious that she wasn't worth my sympathy. She is a true villain.

I recommended you guys pick this one up and read it, it will only take a few minutes. It gives a good feeling
Amelia
The weirdest thing about this novella is not the story itself, but others' opinions on it. Our narrator is a downtrodden young woman with a lot of self hate who plays a trick back on a tormentor. The supposedly evil thing she does? After he attacks her psychologically and physically, she shoots him with a water pistol and later chooses not to go out of her way to save his life. Note: she does not kill him. She simply does not save him.

I'm interested in the author's note on wanting to explore the
Jennifer Erwin
Mar 02, 2014 Jennifer Erwin rated it liked it
This was a very quick novella into Emma's back story. She had some emotional baggage that she didn't know how to deal with, and when she discovered her "super powers" she chose to became one with her dark side. I can't really call her evil as she isn't like Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, or Charles Manson, with her ways, but she definitely is starting down that slippery slope. It was almost hard to read, as I didn't like her from "Emotionally Charged", but I found myself almost sympathizing with her ...more
Dee/ bookworm
Emotionally Scarred is about a teen girl with the power to read emotions and intents of others. This is a prequel to explain her character in a later book. While I can see this situation happening in a real high school, as peer pressure goes, it was an unsettling story, as I am sure the author intended. I think the author did a good job conveying how this backstory might mess up any person.
Toria Mason
Jan 24, 2013 Toria Mason rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
What I love about Selina's stories is that each of her characters has personality, each has a story. It adds such great depth and reality. I could walk outside and meet a random stranger, and they will not be faceless mindless emotionless creatures. So I love that her characters aren't either. I love reading back stories on characters, even if it's just little tidbit extras found across the net or in interviews. Especially when it's not the number one main character, and you get to learn and get ...more
Tiffany Callan
Oct 17, 2013 Tiffany Callan rated it really liked it
I picked up this book not knowing what to expect, the cover and title drew me in and i didn't bother to read the excerpt. I was sucked into it head first when i realized where the story was headed, it involved a bully of a boy, a head strong girl, a new school, new friends and death, all in all it was short but clever. It showed what can happen when you mess with the wrong people and how right things can go when you meet the right people.

Since it is a short i can't give the whole story line away
Heidi Wolf
Dec 11, 2014 Heidi Wolf rated it liked it
Needed more

There's not enough history about her witch life. Are her parents witches? Has she always known what she was? Etc.
Katrina Lizotte
Oct 14, 2014 Katrina Lizotte rated it it was amazing
It really lets you know why Emma is the way she is. And I enjoyed reading it.
Shelby
Dec 26, 2012 Shelby rated it did not like it
Even though this story has a great message in it to kids and teens about effect bullying has, it to me just didn't hit the satisfying spot. It also gives off the sense that the bullied should fight back with violence instead of sensibility. This could have no positive outcome. It just had too much negative acts for me to find this story good. Then again there are many ways the meaning can be interpreted. All and all sadly I was not impressed. It had great promise I just would have liked to see i ...more
Janine
Mar 26, 2016 Janine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
I got this book on kindle and I have the series. As someone who has psychic abilities myself, I keep reading this saying under my breath, now this is exactly what YOU SHOULDN'T DO as someone who is empathic. But I also feel the rather fantabulous author Selena is to me highlighting times when the abilities can be used selfishly. The main character herself addresses these issues.

It's very well written, it got a response from me anyway!
Suzuk1girl
Jan 09, 2013 Suzuk1girl rated it liked it
This prequel sets up for an interesting read. Though the actual book is kind of lameish I'm not gonna blame the prequel.
Princess Jasmine
Princess Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Niki Bagley-Heath
Niki Bagley-Heath rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2016
cristina
cristina rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2016
Praveriri Dhar
Praveriri Dhar rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Lauryn
Lauryn marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Revolorio Kaylee
Revolorio Kaylee marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Rebeccah Horst
Rebeccah Horst marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Alex Earvin
Alex Earvin marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Valerie Gauthier
Valerie Gauthier is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2016
Dee
Dee added it
Apr 13, 2016
Nikki Naddy
Nikki Naddy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Cora White
Cora White marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Renato Dantas
Renato Dantas marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Not My Apocalypse (Alex Holden, #1)
  • Touch (Reaper #1)
  • North Pole Reform School
  • A Mermaid for Christmas (Flukes)
  • Moonlit Dream (Moonlit Novella #1)
  • Reckless (Tempted, #2)
  • Slip the Skin, Episode One (Slip the Skin #1)
  • The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)
  • Silver Linings (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #1.5)
  • Frontier Incursion
  • New York: Early Years (Allie's War, #0.1)
  • The Spirits of Christmas (Tassamara, #2.5)
  • Valens Remembered, A Paranormal Fantasy Romance (Book 1, The Valens of Legacy Series)
  • Thirteen (Dark Carousel 0.5)
  • Dark Cotillion (Book One in the Brenna Strachan series)
  • Cherry Kisses (Shadowfae)
  • Shredded
  • Until Death Do Us Part (Kismet Knight, #1.5)
Hi, welcome to my author page. I'm always looking for feedback for my stories, so if you want to read and review, just get in touch with me for a free copy!

To learn more about my, head to my official website www.selinafenech.com or my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/selinafenechart
More about Selina Fenech...

Empath Chronicles (3 books)
  • Emotionally Charged (Empath Chronicles, #1)
  • Emotionally Unstable (Empath Chronicles, #2)