Start by marking “Wir beide!, Band 1 (Girl Friends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wir beide!, Band 1 (Girl Friends, #1)

Wir beide!, Band 1 (Girl Friends #1)

Mariko ist ein unauffälliges Mädchen, das zwar gut in der Schule ist, aber keine richtigen Freunde hat. Das ändert sich eines Tages, als die quirlige Akko aus ihrer Klasse sie anspricht. Die beiden verstehen sich sofort gut und in Akkos Gesellschaft blüht Mariko richtig auf. Nach und nach findet Mariko Anschluss... alles könnte toll sein, wenn da nicht diese verwirrenden G ...more
Published June 2012 by Carlsen (first published December 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Wir beide!, Band 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wir beide!, Band 1

Aug 23, 2016 Rhea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faves, luv-l-u-v, manga
A friend pointed out to me recently that a lot of the yuri stories she watches/reads usually features one of the ladies in a masculine role (if not outright dressing as a man). Girl Friends is a refreshing break from that trope. When the popular Akko decides to finally talk and befriend the shy, quiet, and friendless Mari, it changes Mari's life for the better. She starts to engage in fun girly activities, like taking photos with her friends and going shopping. But over time, Mari starts to real ...more
Lindley Walter-smith
This is very sweet, and the art is pretty. The slow unfolding of the friendship, reaching towards romance, between Akko and Mari is very well done and touching, and I really want to keep reading and watching their unfolding relationship. The only thing holding it back from five stars is that the focus on Mari learning how to be "feminine" - hair styling, nail polish, cuticles, clothes - gets a bit much at times!
Jan 30, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
When I saw this in the Carlsen preview I squealed loudly, and proceeded to draw little hearts all over it. Because this is one of the sweetest, loveliest manga I've read, and because it's one of the best lesbian love stories I've read. Honestly, there are so many moments where I could say, "Yes, yes, this is what it feels like!". The author manages to capture the journey from becoming friends to becoming girlfriends so well, and as an added bonus this is *so cute*. And really funny. And did I me ...more
May 01, 2015 Zerataizumi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was an incredible good manga! all of it was good the design, the story, the relationships! I love every page of it. I felt indentify with the character's feelings. It's hard not to, we have been in love for the first time and I kind of had felt the same.
Was kind and lovely. Very recommended to everyone! <3
Yuu Sasih
These rating and review are for all the completed volumes.

Mari was your typically nerd, clever and shy girl. She only got few friends and usually ate her lunch alone until one time, Akko, the class' popular girl, decided to talk to her. She said she's been wanting to befriend someone as cute as Akko and then did her a makeover. Mari, after several attempt of "makeovering", could trust Akko and could blend more easily in her class. But then, on their second year of highschool, Mari's feeling towa
Gi Sampaio
Apr 12, 2015 Gi Sampaio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really great! I've been recently getting into Yuri mangas and this was extremely well planed and developed. There was great character development, and the intersections between Akko and Mari were genuine and portrayed realistically the transition from friendship to becoming lovers. I really don't like dramatic stories, but this one had an amount of drama that was just enough to make me cheer harder for them than to feel annoyed! I was really happy and really enjoyed it! I genuinely coul ...more
Dec 31, 2013 Heng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought I didn't like drama-less, sweet romances. I thought they would be boring. I was wrong.
Dec 19, 2015 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apr 23, 2016 Ployda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
อานไปสองเลมแรก ไมแปลกใจเลยคะวาทำไมการตูนวายเรืองนีเปนทีพูดถึงกันเยอะมากในเหลาแฟนคลับการตูนยูริ ^_^

บรรยากาศ 80% มาจากความทรงจำของอ.โมรินากะใชไหมละ มันเลยดูสมจริงจนสงสัยวา โรงเรียนญีปุนเขาทำอะไรแบบนีดวย อิจฉาจัง ฮาๆ อยางการสงเมลผานโทรศัพทใหเพือนใหแฟน มีงานชมรม มีงานวัฒนธรรม มีกิจกรรมใหทำมากมายหลังสอบ ซึงปกติโรงเรียนเราไมมีอะไรแบบนีเลย ระบบการศึกษาตอของญีปุนในโรงเรียนบางแหงกตางไปจากทีเราคุนการเลือกเสือผา การแตงตัว เทคนิคเสริมสวยตางๆ อานแลวกเดาวาอาจารยโมรินากะตองเปนสาวทีดูแลตัวเองเกงแนๆ ขอมูลบางอยา
Mar 24, 2015 Storm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
senbei recommends クローバー (IDコミックス), "First of all, as evidenced by the lack of any furigana and any content that could or would be misconstrued as adult, I think this book is being mis-marketed as josei when it should be shoujo. If for no better reason than because there's no nudity and damnit, it's annoying that i can read everything but the kanji.

Now that that is out of the way, I liked this volume. Unlike other mangaka I can think of , Morinaga Milk has a keen sense of characterization. Mariko
Such CUTENESS!!! Mari X Akko forever, nuff said.

The art is well-drawn and the characters are KAWAII!! The slow budding realization of love beyond friendship and the agonizing internal struggle as both try to come to term with their feelings... To say nothing of their adorable, if at times awkward, interactions! (Really, their awkwardness only added to the development of their relationship.)

Definitely recommended for yuri fans!
Oct 07, 2016 Patrizia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
In Italia ci ha messo quasi un decennio ad arrivare, ma mi sa che non eravamo pronti a un F/F. Manga carino, che si legge piacevolmente. Nel primo volume si parla di amicizie femminile all'interno della scuola, poi penso che la storia evolverà.
Jul 26, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so cute! love this series!
Sherilyn Renee
Aug 07, 2016 Sherilyn Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Jul 14, 2014 Makhda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yuri-shoujo-ai
That was cute. :)
Nov 28, 2014 Mela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I don't read much romance - or really any at all. I don't like romance in my action/adventure/sci-fi/etc because it always feels forced, unrealistic, and unnecessary.
So why did I even pick this up? Well, because it just looked so darned cute.
And hey, I loved it. It's cute, sweet, and not overbearingly dramatic.
Jul 31, 2012 FujoshFangirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, gay-lesbian
A lot of yuri manga out there lacks pace, but not this one. The journey from classmates to friends is sweet and realistic, and the slow decent into lovers is equally satisfying. The art is really good too, but the characters look childish, which seems okay because their personalities and ages are childish as well.
Oct 17, 2013 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read, manga
I am thrilled to be reading more manga. I enjoy it, and the art work in this one is so cute.

I am learning all the different types. This is one is Yuru from my understanding. So far so good. These girls are indeed really cute. There isn't much going on so far but it's enjoyable. We'll see how I far in Volume 2.
Jan 07, 2014 Aiden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, manga
4.5 stars...I really enjoyed the cute story. I love the art and storyline. I can't wait for the next volume.
Apr 13, 2013 Trin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading, yuri, about high school girls with their first love encounter.. Mari and Akko surely cute and I wish there r more story about them as couple, and not too much about the struggle to confess each other feeling... So, just read vol.4-5
Cassandra Phoenix
Mar 07, 2013 Cassandra Phoenix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It seems yaoi manga do not have the market cornered on emotional drama and disconsolate weeping. A good read, although I guess if people actually *talked* to one another we would never have anything to read.
Apr 05, 2013 Meerit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, yuri, lesbian
I haven't read yuri before and this wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I was pleasantly surprised as it was sweet, believable and interesting, not at all exploitative.
Dec 13, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Friendly. Not exactly what I was looking for but I might keep reading it anyway.
Brandi Holloway
Sep 07, 2013 Brandi Holloway rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was the best Yuri manga I have read to date.
Shana Dennis
May 30, 2013 Shana Dennis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, but a tad melodramatic.
Timmy Lee
Timmy Lee rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Pauline is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2016
Mark Kaye
Mark Kaye marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Jane B
Jane B marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
  • Indigo Blue
  • Strawberry Panic, Vol. 02 (Strawberry Panic, #2)
  • Whispered Words, Volume 1
  • Maka-Maka Vol 1: Sex, Life, and Communication
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolesence of Utena
  • 秘めごとあそび 1 [Himegoto Asobi 1]
  • Citrus, Vol. 1
  • Kashimashi Vol 1
  • Othello, Volume 1
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 26 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #26)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 5
  • うそつきリリィ 1 [Usotsuki Lily 1]
  • 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 13
  • Sword of the Guardian (Legends of Ithyria, #1)

Girl Friends (5 books)