Wir beide!, Band 1 (Girl Friends, #1)

Wir beide!, Band 1 (Girl Friends #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Mariko ist ein unauffälliges Mädchen, das zwar gut in der Schule ist, aber keine richtigen Freunde hat. Das ändert sich eines Tages, als die quirlige Akko aus ihrer Klasse sie anspricht. Die beiden verstehen sich sofort gut und in Akkos Gesellschaft blüht Mariko richtig auf. Nach und nach findet Mariko Anschluss... alles könnte toll sein, wenn da nicht diese verwirrenden G...more
Published June 2012 by Carlsen (first published December 12th 2007)

Lindley Walter-smith
This is very sweet, and the art is pretty. The slow unfolding of the friendship, reaching towards romance, between Akko and Mari is very well done and touching, and I really want to keep reading and watching their unfolding relationship. The only thing holding it back from five stars is that the focus on Mari learning how to be "feminine" - hair styling, nail polish, cuticles, clothes - gets a bit much at times!
Rhea
A friend pointed out to me recently that a lot of the yuri stories she watches/reads usually features one of the ladies in a masculine role (if not outright dressing as a man). Girl Friends is a refreshing break from that trope. When the popular Akko decides to finally talk and befriend the shy, quiet, and friendless Mari, it changes Mari's life for the better. She starts to engage in fun girly activities, like taking photos with her friends and going shopping. But over time, Mari starts to real...more
Sophie
When I saw this in the Carlsen preview I squealed loudly, and proceeded to draw little hearts all over it. Because this is one of the sweetest, loveliest manga I've read, and because it's one of the best lesbian love stories I've read. Honestly, there are so many moments where I could say, "Yes, yes, this is what it feels like!". The author manages to capture the journey from becoming friends to becoming girlfriends so well, and as an added bonus this is *so cute*. And really funny. And did I me...more
Heng
I thought I didn't like drama-less, sweet romances. I thought they would be boring. I was wrong.
Jocilyn
senbei recommends クローバー (IDコミックス), "First of all, as evidenced by the lack of any furigana and any content that could or would be misconstrued as adult, I think this book is being mis-marketed as josei when it should be shoujo. If for no better reason than because there's no nudity and damnit, it's annoying that i can read everything but the kanji.

Now that that is out of the way, I liked this volume. Unlike other mangaka I can think of , Morinaga Milk has a keen sense of characterization. Mariko...more
FujoshFangirl
A lot of yuri manga out there lacks pace, but not this one. The journey from classmates to friends is sweet and realistic, and the slow decent into lovers is equally satisfying. The art is really good too, but the characters look childish, which seems okay because their personalities and ages are childish as well.
Gina
I am thrilled to be reading more manga. I enjoy it, and the art work in this one is so cute.

I am learning all the different types. This is one is Yuru from my understanding. So far so good. These girls are indeed really cute. There isn't much going on so far but it's enjoyable. We'll see how I far in Volume 2.
Vanessa
4.5 stars...I really enjoyed the cute story. I love the art and storyline. I can't wait for the next volume.
Trin
Easy reading, yuri, about high school girls with their first love encounter.. Mari and Akko surely cute and I wish there r more story about them as couple, and not too much about the struggle to confess each other feeling... So, just read vol.4-5
Cassandra Phoenix

It seems yaoi manga do not have the market cornered on emotional drama and disconsolate weeping. A good read, although I guess if people actually *talked* to one another we would never have anything to read.
Meerit
I haven't read yuri before and this wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I was pleasantly surprised as it was sweet, believable and interesting, not at all exploitative.
Morgan
Cute. Friendly. Not exactly what I was looking for but I might keep reading it anyway.
Brandi Holloway
Was the best Yuri manga I have read to date.
Shana Dennis
Cute, but a tad melodramatic.
Adrianna
Adrianna marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Maria Nadine
Maria Nadine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
NK  Layne
NK Layne marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Pigeonsquid
Pigeonsquid marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
  • Strawberry Panic, Vol. 01 (Strawberry Panic, #1)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolesence of Utena
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 9
  • Othello (Volume 1)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, Vol. 02
  • Happy Marriage ?!, volume 5
Girl Friends: The Complete Collection 1 Girl Friends: The Complete Collection 2 Girl Friends, Volume 2 Girl Friends, Volume 5 Girl Friends, Volume 4