Start by marking “Charming Academy (Charming Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charming Academy (Charming Academy, #1)

Charming Academy (Charming Academy #1)

Growing up is hard enough for anyone, but for a boy destined to be the Prince Charming of a fairy tale it's an absolute nightmare. Attending Charming Academy you not only deal with the normal aspects of youth, but there are sarcastic dragons, vindictive witches and your princess hates you. Will Lucian survive school and become the prince his parents believe him to be? Join ...more
Published February 9th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Charming Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming Academy

Julie W
Oct 29, 2011 Julie W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my nephew's wife's book she self published. You can order a hard copy through Amazon. My Mom let me borrow her copy. I'm really enjoying it. My 11 year old son (reluctant reader) read part of it (it's a thick book with small print so his teacher counted the first 10 chapters as one book) and he likes it too. I'll tell you more about after I finish it.

Update: finished the book. Can't wait until she writes the sequels so we can find out about each of the quests. If you like Shannon Hale or
Kimberly
Jul 23, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I first picked up this book in October of last year. Since then, I have read it four or five more times but it’s taken until now for me to sit and write a review instead of just continuing on with devouring the rest of the series. I originally thought this would be a children’s book that might or might not hold my attention. However, this book absolutely surprised me in the best of ways.

Plot – A-

Prince Charming Academy is the first of a fairytales retold series. However, this book is not like mo
Sondra
Jun 24, 2012 Sondra rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It kept me from getting my housework done because I kept wanting to read "just one more page" to see what would happen next. My husband and 16 year old son also enjoyed the book. I can't wait for Jessica's next book to see what will happen with Adrian & Allegra's quest.

Jessica does a good job of winding together several subplots and adding information that will be useful to the reader as the story unfolds. Her characters are easy to relate to and will keep you smiling, la
I think Jess did a really great job on her first book. The idea was unique and intriguing. I admit a little trouble getting into it, and it was kind of slow, but I enjoyed it over all and am excited to read about the quests of the characters. I'm been thinking about them a lot since finishing the book, mainly attempting to forgive out which fairy tales will line up with George and Jacobi's quests. I really love the characters. They were very realistic and well-rounded.
Chrissy
Dec 03, 2012 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
I really wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. The characters were so realistic, and I got so attached to them. So much so that I was bawling my eyes out in year 5. Then I get to the end of the book, which came way to soon, and realize that I have completely forgotten that the babysitter was telling the story. I absolutely loved this book and can not wait to read the next books.
Jonathan Elliott
Jun 14, 2012 Jonathan Elliott rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jonathan by: Jessica Elliott
Good so far. The story shows how the Prince Charming of Fairy Tales went to school to prepare for that. The beginning of the revision, what is now available, moves much quicker than the original release; much better. I can't wait to read the sense of what happens to Adrian and Kaelen. I'm also looking forward to the scene with Lucian and Draconus' mother.
Olivia
Nov 20, 2011 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a great first book and with time and experience, they will only get even better. The stories were captivating and it was a wonderful experience to see it from the point of the Prince Charming. The only thing I would change is the fast pace of covering so many years in one book.
Katherine Gilraine
If you've grown up with fairy tales and if you have been an inquisitive child and asked how the princes always knew exactly what to do...well, you have your answer right here. A story for all ages, relatable on every level, sarcastic dragons included.
H.S. Contino
Dec 13, 2013 H.S. Contino rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. I thought that it was an interesting spin on the fairy tale world. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Shantell
Jul 18, 2013 Shantell rated it it was amazing
This was such a great take on the prince's view of how fairy tales bein I am so looking forward to reading the next few.
Tena
Oct 30, 2014 Tena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, paper-back
This was so cute! And so much fun looking for the original fairy tales.
Xena Elektra
Xena Elektra marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Alicat
Alicat marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Serena Tyndall
Serena Tyndall marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
Alyssa (The Shady Glade) marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Shilgiia Mehagdot
Shilgiia Mehagdot marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Annika Winokur
Annika Winokur marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Kelli__17
Kelli__17 marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Gratair
Gratair marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Gretle
Gretle is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2015
Dawnita Fogleman
Dawnita Fogleman marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Sep 25, 2014
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jenna Rayo
Jenna Rayo marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
For as long as she can remember, Jessica L. Elliott has been telling stories. As soon as she could grasp a pencil she began writing those stories down. Reading fueled her imagination, as did spending time with her five younger brothers and sisters. Everything was an adventure, something to be treasured and stories were her first love. Jessica began seriously writing in high school and continued in ...more
More about Jessica L. Elliott...

Charming Academy (4 books)
  • Finding Prince Charming (Charming Academy, #2)
  • Prince Charming's Search (Charming Academy, #3)
  • Becoming Prince Charming (Charming Academy #4)