Start by marking “Weepy the Dragon” as Want to Read:
Weepy the Dragon

Weepy the Dragon

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Weepy is a dragon, sure, but the dragons nearby would agree that he doesn't act like a dragon at all. He's not angry, scary, and mean. He only eats vegetables with his sharp teeth. He uses his fire-breath as a nightlight because he's afraid of the dark. Worst of all, he tends to cry, something the other dragons - especially his powerful father - would never do! Weepy wants ...more
Published June 9th 2012 by Mindstir Media

To ask other readers questions about Weepy the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weepy the Dragon

Amanda
A First-reads, Goodreads Giveaway Book

As a dragon who is afraid of the dark, and most other dragony things, Weepy is made fun of by the other dragons in his cave home. In an attempt to be more like a real dragon, he flies out on his own to try and be more mean. Instead, after being laughed out of several kingdoms, Weepy finds his place, and he didn't have to change himself to fit in.

A story that teaches children that it is okay to be different, and that everyone has their own place in the world,
Shawn
Jul 24, 2015 Shawn rated it it was amazing
There are those moments in life when you get to the point that there is enough drama going around you. A change in perspective is wanted, more needed, so you look back to a childhood moment. You could also be looking to relive a bit of your youth and pick up a book meant for children. This is the case of the book, Weepy the Dragon, by author J J Hebert.

Weepy the Dragon like many children’s book is not long but does provide the reader a great reading experience to share with a child. The book has
Bonnie Ferrante
Oct 27, 2014 Bonnie Ferrante rated it liked it
The illustrations in this picture book are absolutely wonderful. Weepy, the dragon, is an endearing character. Jones effectively demonstrates the little dragon’s dilemma.

The theme is be yourself and find people who appreciate you as you are. The author, Hebert, effectively uses the structure of three to tell Weepy’s story.

There are a few spots where the language blogs down. It would benefit from some pruning. Excessive wordiness slows down the pace.

Children can identify with the main character a
Brianna Soloski
May 07, 2015 Brianna Soloski rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Weepy the Dragon by J.J. Hebert

32 pages

4/5 stars

I don’t normally review children’s books, because…well, because I don’t have children. I work with children at summer camp, though, and children like books. Weepy the Dragon will be a perfect read if I end up with a preschool group this year.

Weepy the Dragon tells the story of a dragon who’s trying his darndest to fit in with the other dragons. In fact, he wants to be bigger and meaner than all the others. He does everything he can to fit in, but u
Natasha McNeely
Jul 21, 2012 Natasha McNeely rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Weepy the Dragon, written by J.J. Hebert, is a children's book that tells the tale of Weepy the Dragon. In the story, Weepy is ridiculed by other dragons because he isn't angry, mean or scary. He want to fit in, to prove to them that he can be a scary dragon. As he sets out to do this, repeated failure causes him to realize something.

It's ok that he isn't scary, angry or mean.

The artwork is adorable and the pacing of the story is excellent. As the story progressed, my frown turned into a smile.
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
Jul 11, 2012 Emily (Heinlen) Davis rated it did not like it
In addition to the numerous grammatical errors that I found within the book (You never start a sentence with "but" or "and."), I found the way that the purpose of the book was carried out to be awful. Yes, I understand that the purpose is to make children understand that it's OK to be themselves, even if they are different from others, but the way in which the story was told basically told children that it was OK to be whiny and cry about everything. That is not acceptable. Yes, our society has ...more
Felicity Nichols
Apr 25, 2014 Felicity Nichols rated it it was amazing
This was fun, easy read. I enjoyed it because it emphasizes that it's okay to be different. In the end it's better to be your own dragon, not like everyone else.
Hildegart
Apr 24, 2014 Hildegart rated it really liked it
It made me want to cry with Weepy! Happy ending.
Katie
Jul 09, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Cute story and art. I really like the writing style, the moral of the story, and Weepy. I thought he was cute and wanted to see him find his own way. I couldn't help smile after reading the book. The art is well drawn and and I like the use of colors. Which helps you get into the story, and makes you want to read more. I look forward to reading more of Hebert's work, and further adventures of Weepy. If you like "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", you'll love Weepy. =]
Amy
Jun 22, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
This was so cute! I got it as a free download from Amazon and read it to my kids. Such a sweet story! It's similar to the struggles of the ugly duckling, but I think it brings the message to life more vividly than the classic tale.
Amanda
Oct 16, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I won this book. I gave it to my son as a Christmas gift. Since then, my son has read this book countless time! Thank you so much!!!!
Nadine Larter
Jun 23, 2012 Nadine Larter rated it liked it
A very sweet tale about a soft hearted dragon :)
DFstock
DFstock rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Noël
Noël marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Crissy
Crissy marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Vartan Balassanian
Vartan Balassanian marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Inis Fal
Inis Fal marked it as to-read
Krikor A
Krikor A marked it as to-read
Asdeghik
Asdeghik marked it as to-read
Redshoes924
Redshoes924 rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Alivia Biko
Alivia Biko rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Sarah Davalt
Sarah Davalt marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Jan Christenson
Jan Christenson marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Elizabeth Thorneloe
Elizabeth Thorneloe rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
kylie
kylie rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2015
Jaquelene Norris-Woody
Jaquelene Norris-Woody marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Katherine M
Katherine M marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
J.J. Hebert's debut novel, Unconventional, frequently appears on the Amazon.com Best Sellers lists. The Kindle version has been the #1 Inspirational Book in the Kindle Store numerous times. Unconventional has sold tens of thousands of units worldwide. J.J.'s highly anticipated children's book, Weepy the Dragon, is now available at Amazon.com as well.

J.J. is also the founder of MindStir Media (www.
More about J.J. Hebert...