Weepy the Dragon

Weepy the Dragon

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Weepy is a dragon, sure, but the dragons nearby would agree that he doesn't act like a dragon at all. He's not angry, scary, and mean. He only eats vegetables with his sharp teeth. He uses his fire-breath as a nightlight because he's afraid of the dark. Worst of all, he tends to cry, something the other dragons - especially his powerful father - would never do! Weepy wants...more
Published June 9th 2012 by Mindstir Media

Amanda
A First-reads, Goodreads Giveaway Book

As a dragon who is afraid of the dark, and most other dragony things, Weepy is made fun of by the other dragons in his cave home. In an attempt to be more like a real dragon, he flies out on his own to try and be more mean. Instead, after being laughed out of several kingdoms, Weepy finds his place, and he didn't have to change himself to fit in.

A story that teaches children that it is okay to be different, and that everyone has their own place in the world,...more
Brianna Soloski
Weepy the Dragon by J.J. Hebert

32 pages

4/5 stars

I don’t normally review children’s books, because…well, because I don’t have children. I work with children at summer camp, though, and children like books. Weepy the Dragon will be a perfect read if I end up with a preschool group this year.

Weepy the Dragon tells the story of a dragon who’s trying his darndest to fit in with the other dragons. In fact, he wants to be bigger and meaner than all the others. He does everything he can to fit in, but u...more
Natasha McNeely
Weepy the Dragon, written by J.J. Hebert, is a children's book that tells the tale of Weepy the Dragon. In the story, Weepy is ridiculed by other dragons because he isn't angry, mean or scary. He want to fit in, to prove to them that he can be a scary dragon. As he sets out to do this, repeated failure causes him to realize something.

It's ok that he isn't scary, angry or mean.

The artwork is adorable and the pacing of the story is excellent. As the story progressed, my frown turned into a smile....more
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
In addition to the numerous grammatical errors that I found within the book (You never start a sentence with "but" or "and."), I found the way that the purpose of the book was carried out to be awful. Yes, I understand that the purpose is to make children understand that it's OK to be themselves, even if they are different from others, but the way in which the story was told basically told children that it was OK to be whiny and cry about everything. That is not acceptable. Yes, our society has...more
Felicity Nichols
This was fun, easy read. I enjoyed it because it emphasizes that it's okay to be different. In the end it's better to be your own dragon, not like everyone else.
Jill
It made me want to cry with Weepy! Happy ending.
Katie
Cute story and art. I really like the writing style, the moral of the story, and Weepy. I thought he was cute and wanted to see him find his own way. I couldn't help smile after reading the book. The art is well drawn and and I like the use of colors. Which helps you get into the story, and makes you want to read more. I look forward to reading more of Hebert's work, and further adventures of Weepy. If you like "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", you'll love Weepy. =]
Amy
This was so cute! I got it as a free download from Amazon and read it to my kids. Such a sweet story! It's similar to the struggles of the ugly duckling, but I think it brings the message to life more vividly than the classic tale.
Amanda
I won this book. I gave it to my son as a Christmas gift. Since then, my son has read this book countless time! Thank you so much!!!!
Nadine Larter
A very sweet tale about a soft hearted dragon :)
Jeani
Jeani marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Gayle
Gayle added it
Apr 02, 2014
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Laura added it
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
J.J. Hebert's debut novel, Unconventional, frequently appears on the Amazon.com Best Sellers lists. The Kindle version has been the #1 Inspirational Book in the Kindle Store numerous times. Unconventional has sold tens of thousands of units worldwide. J.J.'s highly anticipated children's book, Weepy the Dragon, is now available at Amazon.com as well.

J.J. is also the founder of MindStir Media (www....more
More about J.J. Hebert...
Unconventional