Start by marking “Relapse (Vs. Reality, #2)” as Want to Read:
Relapse (Vs. Reality, #2)

Relapse (Vs. Reality #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  12 reviews
At 8:51 am on August 26, 2011, a fifty-storey building in the north end of Manhattan exploded like an overfilled water balloon. Millions of gallons of water and fifty thousand tons of brick slammed into the surrounding streets, causing a series of tidal waves that washed away virtually everything within a one-mile radius.

The Mayor of New York City - James Kerrigan - has la
Published June 8th 2012 by Blake Northcott

To ask other readers questions about Relapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relapse

Dusty Craine
Let me begin by reminding folks that Goodreads indicates that 3 stars means "I liked it" while 4 stars means "I really liked it." Vs. Reality earned 4 stars from me. So why did the second book in the trilogy lose a star? Follow along and I'll share.

Vs. Reality introduced an interesting cast of characters and placed them smack dab in the middle of a high-adrenaline action flick. Whereas Relapse only delivers one or two memorable action sequences. Relapse is the calm before what is setup to be a r
Jonathan
First off, let me just say that I was I was lucky enough to have a small editorial role in Relapse so I wasn't going to be the first to review it. But now that time has passed and many (favourable) reviews have been posted, I felt confident that no-one would consider my opinions unduly biased by anything other than the story itself.

As a fan of Vs.Reality (Vol.1 for anyone who has come to the party fashionably late and is considering Blake's books) I have reviewed it in it's own entry, and r
Stephen
This was an awesome follow up to the first Vs. Reality book!!

There is more character development, more powers, and a lot more explanations for how things ended up the way they are.

I am hoping that the third and final book comes along soon!

Superhero fans, action fans, and just "plain" science fiction fans should get a lot of entertainment value from this series.

I recommend Blake Northcott's books.
Nigel Watts
The second book in the series and no let up in the pace of action. Another quick read that blends believable settings with the fantasy element of cartoon/super hero characters. Looking forward the the final episode now even more than after finishing the first book.
Brett
Really enjoyed the VS Reality. This really builds on the first book. Blake has really grown as a writer. Can't wait for the last book.
Dave Lefevre
A very fun series that is slowly (and nicely) becoming more complex. I enjoy them immensely.
Tony Fecteau
Crazy! loved this book and I loved the time twisting.... I really cannot wait til the next book. ;)
Neal W
Saturday afternoon popcorn matinee. Just a basic good read. Nothing flashy, just solid.
Todd
So...I admit, my review of the first book was a tad harsh when taken together with this book. WOW. Ms. Northcott has not just written a singular story with this series but has actually created an entire (and fascinating) world in which the books take place. There is an entire UNTOLD back-story just sitting there on the tree; waiting to be plucked down and put in your pocket.

As for this specific volume, the pace was fast, dialog great, twists and turns. A solid read. BUT, what truly sold me on th
Craig Vinton
It just gets better

Following the conclusion of book one, you think you know where this is going but as you progress through this installment you come to the realization that something else is really going on. A lot happens in a short time without ever seeming overblown. The way Blake approaches superpowers is very intriguing as well. On to part 3!
mephiz
A very good follow-up of Vs. Reality. Thrilling, intriguing and packed with action.
Simon Scarfe
I'm not a huge fan of comic books, but I'm really enjoying this series. Cannot wait for the next one. Constant fun and excitement, the whole way, and great dialogue throughout.

It should also be said that Blake Northcott is one of the few modern authors who GETS modern media, she interacts on goodreads and on twitter, giving updates on new books and engaging with anyone who talks about her and her work. I really encourage anyone to give these books a punt - only cost about 99p from the Kindle sto
Allen Childers
Allen Childers marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Maya
Maya added it
Jul 09, 2015
Cass
Cass marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Lydia Kass
Lydia Kass is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
David Morcillo
David Morcillo marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Ronan
Ronan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
In addition to being an author, Blake Northcott is an editor at Millarworld, the comic book company responsible for 'Kick-Ass', 'Wanted', and 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'. She’s also a regular contributor at CBS Man Cave Daily, Comic Book Resources and Verily Magazine.

Northcott’s ‘Arena Mode Saga’ is Kickstarter’s most-funded science-fiction series of all time, and the first book in the series
More about Blake Northcott...

Vs. Reality (3 books)
  • Vs. Reality (Vs. Reality, #1)
  • Legacy (Vs. Reality Series Book 3)
Arena Mode Vs. Reality (Vs. Reality, #1) Assault or Attrition The Manticore Ascension: A Short Story in the Arena Mode Universe Legacy (Vs. Reality Series Book 3)

“Some wounds are permanent; you know that as well as I do. And the worst ones are invisible.” 1 likes
“Some people are the heroes, and some are the sidekicks. There's nothing wrong with that.” 0 likes