Start by marking “Relapse (Vs. Reality, #2)” as Want to Read:
Relapse (Vs. Reality, #2)

Relapse (Vs. Reality #2)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
At 8:51 am on August 26, 2011, a fifty-storey building in the north end of Manhattan exploded like an overfilled water balloon. Millions of gallons of water and fifty thousand tons of brick slammed into the surrounding streets, causing a series of tidal waves that washed away virtually everything within a one-mile radius.

The Mayor of New York City - James Kerrigan - has la
Published June 8th 2012 by Blake Northcott

To ask other readers questions about Relapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relapse

Dusty Craine
Jul 02, 2012 Dusty Craine rated it liked it
Let me begin by reminding folks that Goodreads indicates that 3 stars means "I liked it" while 4 stars means "I really liked it." Vs. Reality earned 4 stars from me. So why did the second book in the trilogy lose a star? Follow along and I'll share.

Vs. Reality introduced an interesting cast of characters and placed them smack dab in the middle of a high-adrenaline action flick. Whereas Relapse only delivers one or two memorable action sequences. Relapse is the calm before what is setup to be a r
Jonathan
Aug 08, 2012 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
First off, let me just say that I was I was lucky enough to have a small editorial role in Relapse so I wasn't going to be the first to review it. But now that time has passed and many (favourable) reviews have been posted, I felt confident that no-one would consider my opinions unduly biased by anything other than the story itself.

As a fan of Vs.Reality (Vol.1 for anyone who has come to the party fashionably late and is considering Blake's books) I have reviewed it in it's own entry, and r
Stephen
Sep 23, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome follow up to the first Vs. Reality book!!

There is more character development, more powers, and a lot more explanations for how things ended up the way they are.

I am hoping that the third and final book comes along soon!

Superhero fans, action fans, and just "plain" science fiction fans should get a lot of entertainment value from this series.

I recommend Blake Northcott's books.
Nigel Watts
Oct 08, 2012 Nigel Watts rated it really liked it
The second book in the series and no let up in the pace of action. Another quick read that blends believable settings with the fantasy element of cartoon/super hero characters. Looking forward the the final episode now even more than after finishing the first book.
Brett
Oct 31, 2012 Brett rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the VS Reality. This really builds on the first book. Blake has really grown as a writer. Can't wait for the last book.
Dave Lefevre
Nov 18, 2012 Dave Lefevre rated it really liked it
A very fun series that is slowly (and nicely) becoming more complex. I enjoy them immensely.
Tony Fecteau
Jul 06, 2012 Tony Fecteau rated it really liked it
Crazy! loved this book and I loved the time twisting.... I really cannot wait til the next book. ;)
Neal W
Oct 24, 2012 Neal W rated it liked it
Saturday afternoon popcorn matinee. Just a basic good read. Nothing flashy, just solid.
Todd
Feb 20, 2013 Todd rated it it was amazing
So...I admit, my review of the first book was a tad harsh when taken together with this book. WOW. Ms. Northcott has not just written a singular story with this series but has actually created an entire (and fascinating) world in which the books take place. There is an entire UNTOLD back-story just sitting there on the tree; waiting to be plucked down and put in your pocket.

As for this specific volume, the pace was fast, dialog great, twists and turns. A solid read. BUT, what truly sold me on th
Derek Reeves
Oct 19, 2015 Derek Reeves rated it really liked it
OK.. so where to begin.
the first in the series I really enjoyed with the exception of it almost lacking complete originality. Miss Northcott did one hell of a job with it and I'll be completely honest... I've read it more than once lol.
Now... with Relapse, the story has taken a completely different twist and by the time the last page came around... I got pissed. Simply because I wasn't done reading. Fortunately I already had the final installment already downloaded ;)
I don't like giving spoil
Craig Vinton
Jul 16, 2015 Craig Vinton rated it really liked it
It just gets better

Following the conclusion of book one, you think you know where this is going but as you progress through this installment you come to the realization that something else is really going on. A lot happens in a short time without ever seeming overblown. The way Blake approaches superpowers is very intriguing as well. On to part 3!
Stuart Airs
May 06, 2016 Stuart Airs rated it really liked it
I liked the first book in this series but wasn't sure whether to continue or not.
This improved on the first book and had enough action and twists to want me to read the next book.
Pedro
Aug 15, 2014 Pedro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
A very good follow-up of Vs. Reality. Thrilling, intriguing and packed with action.
Simon Scarfe
Dec 17, 2012 Simon Scarfe rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of comic books, but I'm really enjoying this series. Cannot wait for the next one. Constant fun and excitement, the whole way, and great dialogue throughout.

It should also be said that Blake Northcott is one of the few modern authors who GETS modern media, she interacts on goodreads and on twitter, giving updates on new books and engaging with anyone who talks about her and her work. I really encourage anyone to give these books a punt - only cost about 99p from the Kindle sto
Andy Parkes
Oct 12, 2015 Andy Parkes rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reading
Second book in the vs Reality series.

Fleshes out the characters more and then goes in a direction I wasn't really expecting!

All set up ready for the final book
Catlin Kelly
Catlin Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Dennis Kiker
Dennis Kiker is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2016
Akungfunoise
Akungfunoise is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2016
Keir
Keir rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Alan Burnett
Alan Burnett marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Julia Diggle-Miller
Julia Diggle-Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
PAUL CHIODO
PAUL CHIODO marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Apr 16, 2016
Thomas Salapa
Thomas Salapa rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Jon Bonnell
Jon Bonnell rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Rachel Taylor
Rachel Taylor is currently reading it
Mar 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Picnics in Hyde Park
  • The Pantheon (Olympia Heights, #1)
  • Alys (The Terra Mirum Chronicles)
  • Resistance is Futile
  • Barely Alive (Barely Alive, #1)
  • The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas
  • Gamers (Gamers, #1)
  • Rocket Girls (Rocket Girls, #1)
  • The Mall
  • Tarnished (Silver, #2)
  • Nuklear Age
  • The Division of the Damned
  • X-Men: Smoke and Mirrors
  • Fire Hazard (Cape High, #8)
  • The Valiant (City of Legends #2)
  • Superheroes
  • Spider-Man: The Octopus Agenda
  • Imaginary Friends
In addition to being an author, Blake Northcott is an editor at Millarworld, the comic book company responsible for 'Kick-Ass', 'Wanted', and 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'. She’s also a regular contributor at CBS Man Cave Daily, Comic Book Resources and Verily Magazine.

Northcott’s ‘Arena Mode Saga’ is Kickstarter’s most-funded science-fiction series of all time, and the first book in the series
More about Blake Northcott...

Vs. Reality (3 books)
  • Vs. Reality (Vs. Reality, #1)
  • Legacy (Vs. Reality Series Book 3)

“Some wounds are permanent; you know that as well as I do. And the worst ones are invisible.” 1 likes
“Some people are the heroes, and some are the sidekicks. There's nothing wrong with that.” 0 likes