Relapse (Vs. Reality, #2)

Relapse (Vs. Reality #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  11 reviews
At 8:51 am on August 26, 2011, a fifty-storey building in the north end of Manhattan exploded like an overfilled water balloon. Millions of gallons of water and fifty thousand tons of brick slammed into the surrounding streets, causing a series of tidal waves that washed away virtually everything within a one-mile radius.

The Mayor of New York City - James Kerrigan - has la...more
Published June 8th 2012 by Blake Northcott

To ask other readers questions about Relapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relapse

Amy Strickland
I really loved the first, so much, in fact, that my words are used on some of the book promotion by Blake Northcott. It was fast-paced and full of action and snappy dialogue. If you like block paragraphs of florid description, Vs. Reality is not for you. These books move like a Juiced Olympic Sprinter.

I gave Vs. Reality Five stars, but now I wish I had given in 4.5 so I would have somewhere to go! The first book had action, wit, and suspense. RELAPSE adds mystery to the mix. As I passed the 50%...more
Dusty Craine
Let me begin by reminding folks that Goodreads indicates that 3 stars means "I liked it" while 4 stars means "I really liked it." Vs. Reality earned 4 stars from me. So why did the second book in the trilogy lose a star? Follow along and I'll share.

Vs. Reality introduced an interesting cast of characters and placed them smack dab in the middle of a high-adrenaline action flick. Whereas Relapse only delivers one or two memorable action sequences. Relapse is the calm before what is setup to be a r...more
Jonathan
First off, let me just say that I was I was lucky enough to have a small editorial role in Relapse so I wasn't going to be the first to review it. But now that time has passed and many (favourable) reviews have been posted, I felt confident that no-one would consider my opinions unduly biased by anything other than the story itself.

As a fan of Vs.Reality (Vol.1 for anyone who has come to the party fashionably late and is considering Blake's books) I have reviewed it in it's own entry, and res...more
Nigel Watts
The second book in the series and no let up in the pace of action. Another quick read that blends believable settings with the fantasy element of cartoon/super hero characters. Looking forward the the final episode now even more than after finishing the first book.
Brett
Really enjoyed the VS Reality. This really builds on the first book. Blake has really grown as a writer. Can't wait for the last book.
Dave Lefevre
A very fun series that is slowly (and nicely) becoming more complex. I enjoy them immensely.
Tony Fecteau
Crazy! loved this book and I loved the time twisting.... I really cannot wait til the next book. ;)
Neal W
Saturday afternoon popcorn matinee. Just a basic good read. Nothing flashy, just solid.
Todd
So...I admit, my review of the first book was a tad harsh when taken together with this book. WOW. Ms. Northcott has not just written a singular story with this series but has actually created an entire (and fascinating) world in which the books take place. There is an entire UNTOLD back-story just sitting there on the tree; waiting to be plucked down and put in your pocket.

As for this specific volume, the pace was fast, dialog great, twists and turns. A solid read. BUT, what truly sold me on th...more
mephiz
A very good follow-up of Vs. Reality. Thrilling, intriguing and packed with action.
Si
I'm not a huge fan of comic books, but I'm really enjoying this series. Cannot wait for the next one. Constant fun and excitement, the whole way, and great dialogue throughout.

It should also be said that Blake Northcott is one of the few modern authors who GETS modern media, she interacts on goodreads and on twitter, giving updates on new books and engaging with anyone who talks about her and her work. I really encourage anyone to give these books a punt - only cost about 99p from the Kindle sto...more
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Amberlee Clark
Amberlee Clark marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Stephen
Stephen is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Author. Twitter-er. Slayer of vampires (only the ones that sparkle). I love reading, cooking, traveling and mixed martial arts. Dislikes include Wheel of Fortune and Ke$ha.

I live in a small, quiet town west of Toronto, and at the moment I'm writing and blogging full-time.

More about Blake Northcott...
Vs. Reality (Vs. Reality, #1) Arena Mode Assault or Attrition Candy-Coated Bombshells (Part One of Arena Mode)

“Some wounds are permanent; you know that as well as I do. And the worst ones are invisible.” 1 likes
“Some people are the heroes, and some are the sidekicks. There's nothing wrong with that.” 0 likes