Start by marking “Mending Fences (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mending Fences (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #3)

Mending Fences (Cowboys of Snow Lake #3)

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Getting his life back together is not an easy task for Clayton Jennings, a rodeo cowboy who was accidentally outed as gay in front of his fiancée. He finds himself alone, drunk, and beaten up on a daily basis.

Enter the knight in shining armor.

Jesse Brown, the sheriff of Snow Lake, rescues Clayton. Healing the man from the pain of physical wounds is one thing. Healing him f
Published June 12th 2012 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mending Fences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mending Fences

The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyTiming by Mary CalmesNatural Disaster by Chris Owen
Best Gay Cowboys
136th out of 309 books — 508 voters
The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Heart of Texas by R.J. ScottThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyNowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan
Best Gay Cowboy/Westerns - Renegades and Ranchers
98th out of 163 books — 173 voters

More lists with this book...

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Sometimes knowing the difference between a strong hand and someone who intends to harm can be hard to differentiate. Clayton’s story helps display the difference between the two in a way that kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. Part of this is because I can see so many others stories in his.

Jesse cannot stand to watch Clayton continue to destroy his life, just because he feels as if he deserves to be punished. Jesse’s str
Phaney
Apr 17, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Redemption.

This instalment featured many of the same faults I found in the preceding book in the series, but they were easier to overlook because this one actually grabbed my interest since it played out a little differently, with Clayton’s perspective being the exclusive one. His confusion about what was going on made me curious to find out, too.

Oh yeah, there was mush and an improbable dissecting of emotions and whatever. And don’t get me started on the BDSM theme. What’s with that lately, any
Plainbrownwrapper
Aug 03, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
The blurb for this book should contain a BDSM warning. Nothing too harsh or extreme happens -- but there's a distinct D/s and masochism vibe, especially in the beginning.

SPOILER ALERT!! mild spoilers below, but I don't believe they're anything that will wreck the story for anyone.

One thing I absolutely hate to see in BDSM stories, and it's there all too often: the MC says to his Dom lover -- "you would never hurt me or cause me pain". Oh really?? This is the guy who spanked you so hard that you
Susan
Jun 14, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
Clayton is a complete idiot (I could have chosen other words to describe him but I'll stick with that one for just now!) His behaviour previously in this series has been pretty bad and a number of poor decision have left him at rock-bottom. I definitely didn't want to feel sorry for Clayton but after reading just a few pages, that's what happened. Jesse, on the other hand, is this solid, dependable, mountain of a man who never wavers once he knows what he wants. He needs all of his strength and ...more
Becky Condit
Jul 30, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!
Susan Laine’s third book in the COWBOYS OF SNOW LAKE series is a redemption of the bad boy story. MENDING FENCES is about more than mending fences (and that term has a specific meaning to this book). It’s about mending broken hearts, damaged minds, and shattered bodies.
I really enjoyed this book. In fact, it is my favorite of all of the Cowboys of Snow Lake series. I recommend it for those who like m/m romance, relatively gentle bdsm (not much more than stern words, orgasm denial, an
Marinieves Cordero
Feb 13, 2014 Marinieves Cordero rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Jesse and Clay's story is an emotional one ... They completed each other.
Tatum Throne
Aug 22, 2012 Tatum Throne rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! The action holds you captivated from the first page. I fell in love with Jesse the moment he walks into Clay's life. It's a must read!
Elisa Rolle
Oct 26, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Doug M
Nov 03, 2013 Doug M rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned, m-m, cowboy
No. Just no. There are very few books that I am unable to finish. Like the second book in this series, this book took things in a direction I don't care for, and it took them a step further. "Now you will wash me, then suck my cock, then I will fuck you".

What? Where do I start with that statement. First, I'll apologize for swearing in a review, but it serves a point. There is no build up of emotion, there is no romance, and it's not just a quick wham bam. This book tried to wrap itself in the v
Secretly Reading
MENDING FENCES is a good BDSM romance that successfully uses eroticism to develop the emotional intimacy. My complaint is that one lead's self-esteem issues weren't adequately explained and were resolved too quickly.

Clayton has spent the last month being a human punching bag since he was outed as gay in front of his fiance. He needs a knight in shining armor and Jesse, the town sheriff and his crush from the past twenty years. Jesse is finally ready to claim Clayton and show Clayton how importan
Lisa
Clay is badly beaten by an ex's brother. Jesse, the local sheriff comes to his rescue and takes him home.
Unbeknownst to Clay, Jesse has been in love with him for over 20 years but has never acted on it.
A nice story about one man coming to love himself and the man prepared to wait for him whilst he does.
Meggie
Jun 15, 2012 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, romance
The storyline was to ordinary. There is to many stories with same theme and this plot was to melodramatic. Taken as such I have to admit, that I didn't like Clayton, or even Jesse.
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Sean McFadden
Sean McFadden marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Kara Commins
Kara Commins rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Artaban Zahir
Artaban Zahir rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
sharon may
sharon may rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
aznwolv
aznwolv marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Mickelle
Mickelle rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
~~Susan~~
~~Susan~~ rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Susan A
Susan A rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Norunn
Norunn rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Susan is an award-winning author of LGBTQ erotic romance, often described as M/M (gay) and F/F (lesbian) romance. She writes for Dreamspinner Press, DSP Publications, Siren BookStrand, and Evernight Publishing. Susan is a Finn but she writes in English. She likes action flicks, pop music, saunas, and the seasons in Finland. Join Susan's newsletter HERE.

Coming soon new male/male and female/female e
More about Susan Laine...

Cowboys of Snow Lake (8 books)
  • Rivers Of Wind (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #1)
  • Rivers of Passion (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #2)
  • Cowboy's Challenge  (Cowboys of Snow Lake,  #4)
  • Hard & Raw (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #5)
  • Stars & Stripes: A Bedtime Story (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #6)
  • Twist in the Saddle (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #7)
  • Marshaling His Cowboy (Cowboys of Snow Lake, #8)