Vengeance (Fracture, #2)

Vengeance (Fracture #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  378 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Falcon Lake wants vengeance. And so, it seems, does someone else... An intense, heart-rending psychological thriller to accompany the chilling and seductive Fracture

When Decker drags his best friend Delaney’s lifeless body out of the frozen lake, he makes a deal: Anyone but her. Everyone but her. The lake releases her. It takes another...

All their friends blame Delaney for...more
Published February 13th 2014 by Bloomsbury Childrens (first published February 4th 2014)

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
161st out of 1,283 books — 5,868 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2014
335th out of 1,658 books — 5,029 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily (Book Jems)
I just discovered that the sequel I've been longing for exists. My reaction:
description
Cass -  Words on Paper
Jan 23, 2014 Cass - Words on Paper marked it as summer-reading-list
2014? MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! D:< I am not pleased!

This better be in-your-pants freaking awesome.
Ferdy
Spoilers

A kind of engrossing yet also irritating read. It was better than the first book in that it wasn't as dull or dragged out, but that didn't make up for all the other things that bought the book down.

-I initially didn't think it was all that necessary to have a sequel to the first book, but by the end I changed my mind… I was a lot more satisfied with where things left off story and character wise than I was with Fracture. Things were cleared up, the characters were more interesting, and t...more
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Mar 02, 2013 Haley ~ YA-Aholic marked it as series-in-progress
OMG!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE A SERIES! YAY YAY YAY!!!!! :D
Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres*
What!?!?!?!? There's going to be a sequel???
Lydia Sharp
Aug 21, 2012 Lydia Sharp marked it as to-read
So glad to see there is a follow-up to Fracture, since it ended without ever resolving WHY she had this new ability to sense when someone is going to die. Fracture was satisfying without that explanation, but I was SO hoping there would be another book, and YAY THERE IS ANOTHER BOOK!
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

I wouldn't recommend reading Vengeance without first having read Fracture, Megan Miranda's debut novel. Fracture introduces the primary protagonists, Delaney Maxwell and Decker Phillips, and provides vital back story that this story relies on.

Vengeance is told from Decker's point of view (whereas Fracture was told from Delaney's perspective. It has been a few months since Delaney was trapped beneath the frozen surface of Falcon Lake but the events of the past winter linger for them both and it...more
Emily Bradley-dorman
Can I start off by saying that Fracture didn't actually need a sequel, in fact I wasn't actually going to read this but it came up in a Buddy Read so I decided to give it a go. It's a lot more consistent that it's predecessor, as I found that Fracture was a little chopping in the first half and heartbreaking in the second. With Vengeance it was simple average the whole way through. Also, before you read on if you haven't read the first book yet then DO NOT read this review! It's impossible to re...more
Darlalala
Jul 05, 2012 Darlalala marked it as to-read
WHAT? 2014?? Whoa. This book is 2 years in the making.
Ashley Phillips
What the hell, man! I was so excited to read the sequel to Fracture because I loved it so much, but this sucked! I'm kinda pissed that I spent the $11!
First off, reading from Decker's POV the entire book was super lame. Decker was a whiny bitch THE ENTIRE BOOK. Repeating himself over and over and over and being as impulsive and indecisive as a child. The stupid "i love you, but no I hate you now" story.
It was like I was reading a completely different series, that's how different Decker and Dela...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
After really enjoying FRACTURE, I was looking forward to reading the sequel.

This book is told in the POV of Decker, Delaney's boyfriend. He's still haunted by what happened to her at the lake--how she died, but survived thanks to him--and can now sense when someone is dying. When the most unexpected horrible thing happens to him, and death personally touches Decker's life, he blames Delaney. For not warning him. For avoiding his calls when she could've made a difference. For lying.

Then other s...more
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Fracture’ series.
Delaney can still sense when people are sick or dying, but she really wishes she couldn’t. Decker meanwhile is starting to consider that the rumours about the lake being cursed might be true after all.
Who will be the lake’s next victim? And is someone trying to kill Delaney?

This book started off really good,...more
Mhari
Jul 27, 2013 Mhari marked it as to-read
Update One!

This is going to be a very long two years of waiting.............. Hopefully it's worth it! :)

Update Two!

Cover! Finally! Hm, not sure if I like... Seems a little too different to Fracture. It might grow on me though.
A Book Vacation
3.5 Stars

To see my full review:

I haven't read the first novel in this series, but Miranda does a great job keeping the reader on track, giving just enough information that we understand what went on in the first novel so we're able to stay on top of everything in this second novel. I never felt like I was missing information and, while I do plan to go back and read book one eventually, I don’t feel like it is a prerequisite in order to read this second installment.

Whereas...more
ISL
Nothing really new in this sequel. Didn't really need to be written at all. Major disappointment!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I loved Fracture when I read it in 2012, and I went on to love Megan Miranda's next book Hysteria, as well. There were similar themes in both, but even so, each story stands apart and kept me guessing. A good thriller is hard to come by, at least for someone like me, who is perpetually anticipating the outcome.

In this sequel/companion to Fracture --an...more
SJH (A Dream of Books)
This is the sequel to 'Fracture' which is one of my favourite books. I thought it was amazing the first, second and third time I read it! 'Vengeance' was therefore one of my most anticipated books of the year and hit the top of my TBR pile immediately. I love the new look covers for the series which look so pretty on my shelves.

The story is told from Decker's point of view. A part of me missed seeing events unfold from Delaney's perspective as I love her character but it didn't take me long to a...more
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Full review to come closer to the release date!

I'm a huge fan of Fracture so needless to say I've been dying for more Decker and Delaney. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. Especially reading the description of this book. I was afraid.

Many times I wanted to smack Decker upside the head but I couldn't. Not because he's not read but because I understand what he's going through.

The first half of this book was very depressing to those who fell hard for these characters. I was on the verge of tears at...more
Ta§chima Cullen
From the point of view of a fan of Megan Miranda's characters and writing style Vengeance was a spectacular read that let you explore even further the characters we had come to adore, though one might still wonder if the novel was just to please fans who wanted a little more of the world because otherwise it was rather *and I am cringing when writing this word* needless. It was a good book, it really was, but the first title didn't lend itself to another one so it gives you the feeling that you...more
Reading Teen
Vengeance is the sequel to Megan Miranda's book Fracture. While it is helpful to have read the earlier book, there is enough of the story in this book to let a new reader know what has happened. The previous book was told from Delaney Maxwell's perspective while this one is told from Decker's. Delaney has survived a fall through the ice and a week in a coma. This tragedy was followed by the death of a classmate and another acquaintance. Now everyone in town is wondering if Falcon Lake is cursed...more
Devon Ashley
This picks up a few months after when Fractured left off and this time, we get Decker's point of view throughout. This small group of friends has had its fair share of death, and they find themselves dealing with one more - Decker's dad. Bad part is, Decker feels betrayed, because there's no way Megan didn't see it coming, nor did she warn him. Her admission solidifies their breakup and Decker's left to mourn and suffer alone. But he soon finds his house vandalized and uninhabitable, and he and...more
Christine Fonseca
This was an outstanding follow-up to FRACTURE. Told from the POV of Decker, it was a messed-up emo ride that had me 1000% hooked from the very beginning. I loved Miranda's story development, the character growth and her writing. Definitely NOT a light read in any way, this is an angst-filled emotional ride. And given my love for all things emo, it's not big shock that I LOVED this book!!! And yes, I loved it MORE than Fracture!

If you like dark, emo stories that deal with a huge depth of emotion...more
Step Into Fiction
I'm going to be honest about the cover here - I wasn't really feeling it. The cover of Fracture was so awesome and so perfect for the story. I just felt this cover was lacking but then I read the book and realized just how perfect it really was.

I am probably like everyone else out there, I loved Fracture and was sad to hear it was a standalone. But then she announced this 'companion novel' though I'd consider it more like a sequel. It takes place after Fracture and it's told from Decker's point...more
Melissa (i swim for oceans)
View the full review here:

Vengeance, much like its predecessor, Fracture, gives readers a sampling of everything we like all in one novel. Offering us romance, friendship, betrayal, mystery, paranormal and more, it's a whirlwind of a novel that captures us from the get-go, pulling us in with a near-immediate loss that serves to solidify our investment in the story and our characters' plights. Author, Megan Miranda, does it again, crafting a novel that's ri...more
Tamara
I had less than 10% left of this book last night when I finally forced myself to go to bed. Even then, it was difficult to stop reading. It really sucked me in.

Vengeance is told by Decker and takes place about eight months after the end of Fracture. It was interesting to get inside his head and see the other characters, especially Delaney, from his perspective.

It's been a while since I read Fracture, so I don't remember what things were like between Delaney and Decker throughout most of the book...more
Pamela Todd
When Decker dragged his best friend Delaney out of the frozen lake he made a deal. Anyone but her. Everyone but her. She came back to him. But it seems someone wants to hold Decker to his word.

But when she came back, Delaney wasn’t the same girl. She touched death and now she can sense when anyone else is close. She knew it would claim their friend Carson, and everyone blamed her for his death. Everyone but Decker, who knew the truth.

Decker believes the utmost best in Delaney until he sees a bod...more
Dannie Morin
So I have this long standing policy that reviewing friends' books on my blog is a little silly because I'm obviously biased to love them. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Megan through my state chapter of SCBWI and I've become a total fangirl of her work. She's become a valued mentor for my own writing process and she's seriously one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

But in complete objectivity? Her new book is awesome.

WHAT I LIKED

All the suspenseful twists and turns along the way...more
Laura (Boundless Bindings)
An interesting sequel to this series!

I made the mistake of reading the reviews to Fracture before getting started on Vengeance mainly because I didn’t remember much of the story. Because of this, I only got the negative opinions on the characters and those opinions started to put me off from Vengeance. I managed to make it through and I’m glad I did.

The story did seem really long and never-ending, I felt it could’ve been shortened a hundred pages, but the action was fairly easy to get through an...more
Leona
So it would appear that Megan Miranda has written another book that has left me completely gob smacked. What can I say about vengeance that I haven't already said about her other books?

Vengeance is a sequel to Miranda's debut novel, Fracture, except this time the book is told from Decker's point of view. Can I get a hell yeah? I mean, who didn't just adore Decker in Fracture? Decker became a harder character for a good portion of this book and I think it was important that he did. He reacted in...more
  • Say Her Name
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Welcome to the Dark House
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Imminent Danger: And How to Fly Straight Into It
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Unmarked (The Legion, #2)
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Suspicion
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
  • Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)
Megan Miranda is the author of FRACTURE, HYSTERIA, and VENGEANCE. She spends a great deal of time thinking about the "why" and "how" of things, which leads her to get carried away daydreaming about the "what-ifs." Megan has a degree in Biology from MIT and currently lives near Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband and two children.

Her next book, SOULPRINT, will be published in early 2015 from...more
More about Megan Miranda...
Fracture (Fracture, #1) Hysteria Eleven Minutes (Fracture, #0.5) Soulprint The Traveling Story - Season 3

“Who would win in a fight? The past or the future? The past. Every time. It was relentless.” 2 likes
“But the truth is that the only reason I could understand what I was feeling in that moment was because I had spent years loving her.” 1 likes