Start by marking “Magpie Gabbard and the Quest for the Buried Moon” as Want to Read:
Magpie Gabbard and the Quest for the Buried Moon

Magpie Gabbard and the Quest for the Buried Moon

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews
There are just things a girl turning thirteen has to do if she lives on Gabbard Mountain. Like track down her brother Milo, who went away to High Jerusalem and left his danged foot behind! And why not ride Sir William, the amazing hog, who is faster than a white tornado? Before this girl’s done, she faces the Floating Head, outruns Goblins, retrieves miracle water from Gre ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Philomel (first published February 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Magpie Gabbard and the Quest for the Buried Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magpie Gabbard and the Quest for the Buried Moon

Elly
***SPOILERS***
This book is about Magpie Gabbard in her life when she turns thirteen. She has a lot going on for her when her brother is gone, the moon is being buried by Goblins, and when her brother Randall needs important green water to save lives. She tries everything she can to make everyone happy, but when the moon is gone it needs to be back or bad things could happen. Magpie need to save her sweet daddy and her brother.
Magpie tries to travel on Wild Bill to fetch green water and also sa
Marie
Skunk-stripe haired Magpie is feisty, has a unique way of talking--and has one wild hog of a problem. Make that several problems. Getting down the mountain past the Goblins and giving her brother back his foot is only the beginning. Sally Keehn spins a wonderfully original Appalachian kind of tall tall, reminiscent of Pequos Bill and John Henry-- Magpie's bravery takes her through a wild landscape with laughter and not a small amount of "ooh, gross!" This book's funny characters with inventively ...more
Marci
This book was so fun to read. It is meant for yound girls. However, I read it to my 7 year old son in an backwoods accent. It was so fun to read. It conveys a beautiful message of love and forgiveness.
Camille
It is a good book as it has a lot of humor. But, the realistic mingling with the made-up stuff is just a mess. Don't get wrong; I loved the book, it just needs some work done.
Kaitlyn
I read this in sixth grade an it is still one of my favorite books. It's filled with fantasy and adventure as well as humor.
Emily
i enjoyed this book. it was very strange i must say and its not very challenging
Cheryl
Perfectly well-written, just not my cup of tea. Tall-tale-ish.
Leslie
a truly bizarre experience.
Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Liz Fraser
Liz Fraser marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Punkybratz
Punkybratz marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
v—
v— marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Sage Maria
Sage Maria marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Brooke Guzman
Brooke Guzman marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Kiara
Kiara is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Igraine
Igraine marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
I Am Regina The First Horse I See Gnat Stokes and the Foggy Bottom Swamp Queen Anna Sunday Moon of Two Dark Horses