Start by marking “Blood Ties” as Want to Read:
Blood Ties

Blood Ties

January 1992. A baby girl is left alone for a moment. Long enough for a mother to dash into a shop. Long enough for a child to be taken.

Thirteen years later, solicitor Robert Knight's stepdaughter wins a place at a prestigious London school for the gifted. The only puzzle is his wife Erin’s reaction. Why is she so reluctant to let Ruby go? Doesn't she want what's best for
Published 2007 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Blood Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Ties

Tracy Fenton
May 01, 2016 Tracy Fenton rated it really liked it
I love Samantha Hayes books. You are always guaranteed a tense and gripping story which twists and turns. This book has been sitting neglected on my kindle for years and I can't believe that I hadn't read it sooner. If you're after a book that you can't put down this is highly recommended by me. A solid 4 stars
Kelly
Mar 13, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I find it incredibly hard to believe this is a debut novel, the writing is just so fantastic! Hayes knows exactly how to lead your thoughts in a certain direction, so you assume that you know how it's going to end, but then shocks you by giving you a completely different ending. The story is gripping right from the very start, and the various secrets that are revealed will stay with you long after you've finished it. I throughly enjoyed this book and will definitely be looking out for her new ...more
Kierra
Dec 11, 2014 Kierra rated it really liked it
Thirteen years ago a baby girl was kidnapped.
Thirteen years later the thirteen-year-old Ruby has no birth certificate. She doesn't look like her mother Erin and her step dad uncovers the hidden truths about Erin's past. Will he find the proof that Ruby is not Erin's daughter? Will he return Ruby to her biological mother? Will a woman, who had lost her baby girl, ever recover from her loss?

The beginning was awesome. The story took place at a parking lot with no signs of a poor baby girl. I coul
Irene Georgilis
Dec 06, 2012 Irene Georgilis rated it really liked it
Eva
Aug 23, 2009 Eva rated it it was ok
Shelves: 11th-grade
Blood Ties by Sam Hayes was one of the most suprising and even shocking books. It follows three on the first look completely different narratives. Cheryl, whose baby daughter, Natasha, dissapeared from the back seat of the car, while the mother was shopping. Ruth, a fifteen-year-old girl, who gave birth to her daughter, runs away from her parents. Erin, whose life on one hand is nearly perfect with loving husband, Robert, and daughter Ruby. However it seems that the secret of her past is about ...more
Katya
Mar 20, 2012 Katya rated it it was amazing
Как же приятно открывать для себя новых авторов и потом отслеживать, искать, предвкушать знакомство с другими их книгами! После первых 10-20 страниц книги такое имя для меня - Сэм Хайес. Любопытно, но у меня от этой книги два параллельных впечатления: душевно-трогательный рассказ о чувствах человеческих и мастерски сплетенная интрига, развязка которой начинает проявляться не раньше и не позже той точки, до или после которой детективная часть сюжета оказалась бы недо- или перезрелой. Думаю, что ...more
Margi
Apr 02, 2015 Margi rated it really liked it
This book had me captured from the start. It had many twists and turns throughout based on 3 main female characters. However, I did find some of the situations they got themselves into a bit unbelievable. It did jump from character to character quite unexpectedly, so keeps you on your toes. It was a real page turner.
Nina
Jan 12, 2014 Nina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gripping psychological drama. The chapters told from the female characters perspective are excellent. It's the very one dimensional male character that let the book down a little, it was hard to really believe in him. However the author uses some really unique similes and metaphors which I did savour.
Corinna
Sep 08, 2011 Corinna rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book, and it was even better the second time! Hayes' first book was an absolute credit to her. The final twists at the end were not what was expected
Gail Burns
This was an excellent book - with the usual twist from how you think it will end. Couldn't put it down.
Julie
Jan 17, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Easy to read with lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing. Enjoyed this
Caitlin Smith
Oct 25, 2016 Caitlin Smith rated it did not like it
After reading a few of her books previously I was quite looking forward to another Samantha Hayes book, unfortunately, this didn't live up to the same standards as the others. I found the story really slow to start off with, I didn't really want to continue after the first few chapters but I persevered hoping it would get better. I couldn't connect to these characters in any way, the story line was a bit too far fetched for me also. I must admit I did enjoy a couple of the twists in the book but ...more
Dennis Elten
Aug 08, 2016 Dennis Elten rated it it was amazing
Nederlandse recensie:
Het boek waar het allemaal mee begon voor Samantha Hayes. Een verhaal uit meerdere perspectieven. Het houd de lezer in zijn grip tot de laatste pagina. Het mysterie van de moeder en haar dochter neemt iedere keer weer een andere wending. Wat dit verhaal zo bijzonder maakt is het perspectief van de stiefvader die achter het verleden van zijn vrouw en dochter probeert te komen. De meeste vrouwenthrillers zijn voornamelijk uit het vrouwelijk perspectief geschreven met de man op
Sandra
Jun 28, 2015 Sandra rated it liked it
Shelves: kobo-e-reader
Something about this book was just a little bit off. It started out great and I was really enjoying it. Then came Robert, who was paranoid and jumped to conclusions just a little too quickly. I really wanted to find out what happened to Cheryl's baby and kept reading just to find out. The poor girl who gave birth all alone, locked in her room broke my heart and I had to find out what happened to her and her baby. The author weaves a good story, but somewhere along the way, the story gets ...more
Michelle Moore
Apr 28, 2015 Michelle Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2008
Wow!

This is an absolutely gripping thriller, which I found hard to put down. The various parts of the story are gradually unwrapped, until they all come together.. but probably not in the way you expect.

There is an interesting mix of characters in this book, all with their own story to tell, and all lifelike and believable.. I found myself involved with each and every one, concerned for their outcome.

The strands of the story are told from the viewpoint of these characters, combining present and
Kimberly Hicks
Nov 14, 2012 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Shelves: read-on-kindle
This book hooked me from the very beginning. What you think is happening, isn't quite what is happening, and I loved that it got me until the very end, although I did figure out some of the mystery.

You have a baby that was stolen, a teenager running away from home and a man desperate to keep his family together, and somehow all of these stories intermingle. Makes for great suspense! The ending was absolutely briliant.

YOU will not be disappointed with this story. A very good read indeed!
Estelle
Feb 09, 2011 Estelle rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favourite Sam Hayes Book. Clever, touching and compulsive. Depth of Characters completey absorbing.
I was shocked to find this was her debut novel as it is outstanding!
I read Unspoken first, then Blood Ties, and Currently reading Tell Tale.
All are execellent, but 'Blood Ties' has that little something extra; which is why it is one of my favourites.
Cleo Bannister
Aug 17, 2013 Cleo Bannister rated it it was amazing
This book grabs you from the start, it is every mother's worst nightmare to have their child abducted but everything is not as it seems. The story covers the moment when a mother realises her baby is missing and then moves forward 13 years.

This book covers a lot of sensationalist subjects but it in a realistic way. One of the best books I've read this year, would certainly recommend it.
Elena
Aug 03, 2014 Elena rated it really liked it
The book is catching attention from the fist page and keep you hooked till the end. A good mix describing from one hand humain relations between a couple, kids, parents and the hided past and a dynamic thriller with unexpected end from the other hand. Good reading for the summer holidays!
Leyla Izbenko
Mar 29, 2016 Leyla Izbenko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Сюжет закручен отлично. Читается на одном дыхании...но... Ставлю 4 из-за слишком лёгкой надуманной концовки. Герои на столько реальны, эмоции зашкаливают, а конец такой быстрый и слащавый... Вышло как-то не совсем...
Melissa
Dec 07, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
First off, I gave this three stars because I wasn't blown away by the plot. However, someone else might be and her writing is always five stars. I did thoroughly enjoy reading this book. Just not one of my favorite topics.
Doreen
Aug 22, 2015 Doreen rated it really liked it
the author has a real gift in creating this type of story. there is a mixture of mystery, love, loss, tragedies and most of all the story stems from the lost of a baby. this is one of her first books and i can see that her writing has greatly improve over the years.
Judith Yeabsley
Apr 24, 2012 Judith Yeabsley rated it really liked it

Great chick lit. Few twists and turns, fast paced and interesting characters. Took me half the time I usually take to read a novel which is a good sign. The story follows three women and their lives which initially appear to be totally separate ....
Heather
Jul 03, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
This was a real roller-coaster of a ride with lots of twists and turns. For a while I thought I had them all worked out, but finally I had to admit that I had no idea how the author was going to end the book. A gripping read.
Fiona
Feb 29, 2008 Fiona rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read a book for years until I got my hands on this one. Extremely well written and I even emailed the author Sam Hayes, and even got a reply!!
Cant wait till her next book "Unspoken" is on the book shelves later this year!!
Katherine
Mar 18, 2016 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspenseful read!

This book caught my attention from the beginning and kept it until the end. There are twists and turns to keep the reader both interested and guessing. I highly recommend this book.
Natalia
Mar 15, 2016 Natalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
В целом ничего, можно почитать. Но такой резко контрастирующий с основной частью финал, чересчур "хэппиэндистый" по сравнению с тем, что наворотили по ходу. Как будто автор по-быстренькому решила закруглиться без лишней драматичности.
Neil Mudde
Jul 16, 2009 Neil Mudde rated it did not like it
Absolutely astonishing plot, there is a time when it becomes a bit confusing, but well worth the read, must get more books by the author Sam Hayes
Jun 22, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Claire
Jun 08, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
This is the second Samantha Hayes book I've read, the style of writing is excellent and easy to follow. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend Samantha Hayes to anyone.
  • Trap for Cinderella
  • Tell Me No Secrets
  • The Soul Collectors (Darby McCormick #4)
  • The Clue in the Antique Trunk (Nancy Drew, #105)
  • Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home
  • This Perfect World
  • No Show
  • Schnitt
  • The Summer House
  • The Dead Ground (Paula McGuire, #2)
  • Wink Murder
  • Roadrage
  • Burial

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page!

My latest book IN TOO DEEP is out very soon on May 5th 2016. If you love a good 'domestic noir' thriller that will mess with your mind and keep you turning the pages, then this one's for you! Here's the blurb...

"Your husband goes out to buy a newspaper. He never comes back. Months later, an unexpected phone call puts you and your daughter in unimagin
More about Samantha Hayes...