Strangers in Paradise, Volume 18: Love & Lies

Strangers in Paradise, Volume 18: Love & Lies (Strangers in Paradise Trade Paperbacks #18)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In the 18th trade paperback in the ongoing Strangers in Paradise series, Francine and Katchoo meet face to face for the first time since Francine's wedding. With Katchoo's career in full swing and Francine trying to be the happy homemaker have the two grown too far apart to come back together? When David's secret is revealed the friends try to make sense of the devastating...more
Published August 15th 2006 by Abstract Studio

To ask other readers questions about Strangers in Paradise, Volume 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strangers in Paradise, Volume 18

Schnaucl
Michael Bacon
The series began a repetitive cycle midway. It's still good, but nowhere near as good as it had been.
Amanda
2012 Reread: I got lost in this for a month. My very first full reread since the series hit its ending. Since I knew where it would start and go and end up. It was just as terrible, wonderful, painful, heartbreaking, heart healing, amazing as every other read. I never stop knowing my heart belongs to this.
Celia Powell
Jul 26, 2008 Celia Powell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who's already read the other Strangers in Paradise volumes
Shelves: comic
The thing I don't like about these comics is that they're too bloody short. I just feel like I'm getting into the story again and then it ends. And there's only one volume left! Bleh. This was good though - I really liked Katchoo and Francine finally getting back together.
Delicious Strawberry
Nearing the end of a great series. Overall great volume, with some very bittersweet moments. Long-time SiP fans will not be disappointed with this novel, I have enjoyed the rest of the series and this volume is a fantastic and emotional read.
mairywo
Aaaah, I love Strangers in Paradise... Unfortunatley you can aleady feel that everything is coming to a conclusion and that the story will soon be over. It's one of those stories you never want to end. Like life.
Michael
I could and have re read this series over and over. It has made me laugh out loud, cry and just come to understand how powerful comics can be.
Jeff
Finally finishing up the series. Forgot how good this comic was!
Rumbidzai
I love this book from the word go
TJ
Beth
Beth added it
Aug 23, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Apr 23, 2014
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Del
Del marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
  • Dykes and Sundry Other Carbon-Based Life Forms to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #10)
  • Bone: Stupid Stupid Rat-Tails (The Adventures of Big Johnson Bone, Frontier Hero)
  • The Books of Magic, Volume 3: Reckonings
  • The Complete Moonshadow
  • Uncle Sam
  • Kabuki, Vol. 2: Dreams
  • Cassidy: Blood and Whiskey
  • Rising Stars: Born in Fire (Rising Stars, #1)
  • Starman, Vol. 2: Night and Day
  • It's a Bird...
  • Heartbreak Soup
  • Death: The Time of Your Life (Death of the Endless, #2)
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 7: Perfect Pitch
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence i...more
More about Terry Moore...
Strangers in Paradise, Pocket Book 1 Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9) Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 2 The Complete Strangers in Paradise, Volume 1 Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 3