Start by marking “Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)

Hanging Time (April Woo #2)

The heat is on NYPD cop April Woo and Dr. Jason Frank to stop a savage killer--and time is not on their side. It all starts at a posh boutique on Manhattan's Upper West Side, when a young salesgirl is viciously slain. In the ensuing turmoil at the police station, ambition and sexual politics collide to form an unseemly undercurrent to a barbaric crime. And behind a wall of ...more
Published September 3rd 1996 by Bantam (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Hanging Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hanging Time

Coyote in Provence by Dianne HarmanAnd Then There Were None by Agatha ChristieMurder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieDeath on the Nile by Agatha ChristieThe Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery
233rd out of 280 books — 249 voters
Everyone Burns by John DolanThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithThe Coroner's Lunch by Colin CotterillThe Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin HallThe Skull Mantra by Eliot Pattison
Best Multicultural Mysteries
87th out of 116 books — 129 voters

More lists with this book...

Vfields Don't touch my happy!
DAMN! I am really enjoying this series. This is the second in the “time” series and I love the way April Woo is growing. In fact the whole cast of characters are interesting. They are actually - gasp - very real. This story has two sisters who each might be the killer who attacks sales women and hangs them in their workrooms. I can’t read this thing slow. I just eat right through them and can’t wait for the next one. Hip - hip hurray!
LJ
HANGING TIME - NR
Glass, Leslie - 2nd April Woo

Investigating the murder of a woman who was hung in a fashionable boutique, her body costumed with garish makeup and frilly clothing, NYPD detective April Woo teams up with psychiatrist Jason Frank for a second difficult case.

So poorly done, I couldn't even finish this.
Jun 17, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I read this entire series years ago (before I had children) and loved them. It was stepping into a Law & Order episode. I wish I could have found the first one, but I must have loaned it out.

The story feels a little dated now, but I would still pick up the next book off the shelf the next time I'm between library books.
George
Oct 25, 2014 George rated it liked it
#2 in the police detective April Woo mystery series set in New York City. Two sales women are murdered and April and partner Mike Sanchez are part of the investigative team seeking to find the murderer.

Story line jumps around covering various people in the story and these story lines eventually come together as part of the murders.
Rosario
Mar 19, 2015 Rosario rated it liked it
The plot is not new at all, the blend of police stuff, shrink stuff and villain stuff feels odd sometimes, the writing is a funny mixture .... and a lot etcetera of odd things here and, yet, I am totally hooked on the series and, above all, the partnership of Chinese female detective and Mexican male one. I cannot give it more stars right now, yet I'm already finishing book 3.
Jenny
Oct 11, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
This book was alright. It almost seemed like it was less of a mystery and more of a story about April and Jason. I liked the short chapters - it helped make things move along quickly.

I will probably give the April Woo books another go. This seems like it was one of the first books in the series so let's so how Glass is later on.
Liz Sulak
Oct 28, 2011 Liz Sulak rated it it was ok
This book was just OK. I hadn't read the first in the series but it wasn't hard to follow. I'm usually not very good about figuring out the ending to a mystery but I had this one figured out halfway into it.
annodluvsbks
annodluvsbks rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2009
Hady55
Hady55 rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Barbara Evans
Barbara Evans rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Ann Horton
Ann Horton rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2010
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2011
Gwen
Gwen rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2010
Wejj
Apr 06, 2013 Wejj added it
aaa3333 the book is AMAZING :o
Patsy Gruter
Patsy Gruter rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2010
Mona
Mona rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2008
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2008
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Christopher Berry
Christopher Berry rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2008
John Shrive
John Shrive rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2009
Daniela Starr
Daniela Starr rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
  • The Messengers of Death
  • A.K.A. Jane (Jane Nichols, #1)
  • Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2)
  • Death's Door  (Special X, #9)
  • The Jasmine Trade
  • The Bride's Kimono
  • The Bird Yard
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Dervish is Digital (Artificial Reality Division, #2)
  • Silversword
  • Honky Tonk Kat (Kat Colorado, #7)
  • The Cutout
  • The Perfumed Sleeve (Sano Ichiro, #9)
  • The Fourth Sacrifice (China Thrillers, #2)
  • Reflecting the Sky (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith, #7)
  • In the Evil Day
  • Murder in the Latin Quarter (Aimee Leduc Investigations, #9)
LESLIE GLASS has worked in publishing and has written for a variety of media. She was a journalist at New York magazine and a short-story and feature writer for Cosmopolitan and Woman’s Own in Great Britain. A playwright and the author of the critically acclaimed mystery series featuring NYPD Detective Sergeant April Woo, Glass is also the author of Over His Dead Body. She lives in New York City ...more
More about Leslie Glass...

April Woo (9 books)
  • Burning Time (April Woo, #1)
  • Loving Time (April Woo, #3)
  • Judging Time (April Woo, #4)
  • Stealing Time (April Woo, #5)
  • Tracking Time (April Woo, #6)
  • The Silent Bride (April Woo, #7)
  • A Killing Gift (April Woo, #8)
  • A Clean Kill (April Woo, #9)