Start by marking “Payback” as Want to Read:
Payback

Payback (Raven #3)

For twenty-five years multimillionaire businessman Ron Raven played the loving husband and father-- to two very different households. But when Ron disappears, his deception is revealed. Now it's time for...PAYBACK.The police assume bigamist and wealthy businessman Ron Raven paid the price of his crimes with his life--a conclusion his "second" family, the Fairfaxes, accepts ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Mira Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Payback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Payback

Netters
Mar 17, 2009 Netters rated it did not like it
The author repeats main points, conversations, details, everything about three times which means that she thinks we're all 5 years old. At one point, she even notes one character who repeated the conversation multiple times as if HE needs to remember it. No, it just makes it seem like we're not going to be able to figure it out on our own. BOOOOOOO!!

One of the worst books I've ever read. Don't read it, even if you have nothing else to do. I would rather dust my house than read this again.
T.M. Carper
Aug 05, 2011 T.M. Carper rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A good end to the series.

I would hate to be a part of the Raven or Fairfax family, especially after the latest twists in "Payback". There's plenty of suspense and danger once someone starts threatening to kill Kate Fairfax if she keeps searching for the truth about her father.

With the help of a family friend, Kate tracks down her disappearing father and learns that it's hard to truly know someone who lives off the thrill of lies.

A great conclusion to the mystery that began in "Missing".
Melissa
Sep 19, 2008 Melissa rated it it was ok
This was the final installment in the trilogy - Missing, Suspect, Payback. Although the premise sounded good for this story it didn't live up to its expectations.

The first book Missing set the stage well and the two characters did their job in to some extent. Book two seemed to veer off the path a bit in my opinion although it gave the stage to another of the children. Book three did wrap things up, but it was a bit of a disappointment. All in all not that great.
Karen Hufman
Apr 23, 2013 Karen Hufman rated it liked it
I don't know if part of their story was told in another book because it is a trilogy but it sure felt that way. She's a pastry chef and he owns a number of successful restaurants where he is the executive chef. He sees someone who looks like Ron Raven, Kate's bigamist Dad who supposedly died 6 months prior. The story is about them tracking down this man. It involves an improbable story regarding some Belizean social revolutionaries.
Sara
Mar 18, 2008 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
This was the final installment in this series about the families of a wealthy bigamist and what happens to them after he's gone and the truth comes out. I never had any doubt that things would work out, but the extreme balance of dishonesty and dastardly dealings that went on in both of Ron Raven's extended families was a bit much to swallow.
Paige
Apr 17, 2010 Paige rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when your father dies and you find out that yours isn't the only family mourning him? And there's a bunch of money missing? You may wind up losing him in death, but in life too. So how do you cope? Warning, this turned out to be a "romantic-suspense" novel in disguise. But it was fast and easy to read - entertaining.
Jenny Mandeville
Jul 20, 2013 Jenny Mandeville rated it really liked it
What a great ending to the trilogy. I will definitely look for more Jasmine Cresswell books, as I liked her writing style. Great story overall...Ron Raven is a multimillionaire businessman and loving husband and father who goes missing. His deception is revealed and it turns out he was a bigamist with 2 families, who knew nothing about the other. Made for a great story.
Mary Beth
Jan 19, 2009 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing
This is the third book chronicling the faked death of Ron Raven. Finally his two families are able to find him, but before he can be brought to justice he skips bail and is gone. Now, his family knows that he is a bigamist who has faked his own death and they can accept reality and get on with their lives.
Patt
May 08, 2014 Patt rated it really liked it
In the third book of the Raven trilogy, all the loose ends get connected. The characters that haven't found closure do so in this book.Ron's daughter, Kate, is the main focus in this book. Her ex boyfriend comes to her aid and they are also able to reconnect. It was a good series and I would definitely recommend it.
Brenda
Apr 19, 2011 Brenda rated it liked it
The final installment in the Ravens series but not as good as the previous 2.

When he sees the presumed dead Ron Raven, Luke Savarini contacts his former girlfrined, Kate Raven. Together the investigate and discover more dark secrets and emotional fall-out.
JoAnn Ainsworth
Oct 08, 2009 JoAnn Ainsworth rated it it was ok
Good plot, but middle got bogged down with rehash of same theories without new insights. By the time the villain was uncovered, I felt cheated. Felt sneaked in at end after all the chest beating. Still I read from start to finish because the writing is well done.
Karsyn
Jan 10, 2013 Karsyn rated it really liked it
Nope hadn't read this one. Yay! (Had read the previous 2). Enjoyable, but not the closure I wanted, the ending could have been so much better.
Nancy
Mar 11, 2009 Nancy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mom
This book is more related to the first in the trilogy, and solves the mystery. However, it does leave some room for a possible continuation.
Cindi
Sep 23, 2009 Cindi rated it liked it
I had such a hard time getting this book to finish reading the trilogy that I believe I inflated my expectations of the story.
Judith
Jul 27, 2016 Judith rated it really liked it
Very suspenseful and captivating read. Good plot, with a few things to keep you guessing. Have read other books by this author and have liked them all.
Edy Carder
Edy Carder rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2009
Dawn Grandon
Dawn Grandon rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Lee Devinney
Lee Devinney rated it really liked it
May 28, 2015
Christy A Prince
Christy A Prince rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Yvette
Yvette rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2009
Krysten Trainor
Krysten Trainor rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2010
Zaida
Zaida rated it liked it
May 25, 2015
Jacquelyn.paul
Jacquelyn.paul rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2010
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Beckey
Beckey rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Bev
Bev rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2009
Aliesha Stephens
Aliesha Stephens rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Sharon Nelson
Sharon Nelson rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
May 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • Unwound
  • Kiss of Death
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
  • The Assassin (Selena McCaffrey, #1)
  • The Commission (Sam Kincaid, #1)
  • Sleep Softly
  • Inferno
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Dangerous Admissions: Secrets of a Closet Sleuth (Closet Sleuth #1)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Relics (Faye Longchamp, #2)
  • The Dollmaker
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)
  • Cut Throat (Cat Dupree, #2)
  • Last Words (Last #2; John Mancini #12)
  • Garden of Darkness (Pale Immortal, #2)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
Born in England, Jasmine Cresswell now divides her time between her winter home in Sarasota, Florida and her summer home in Evergreen, Colorado. Jasmine has been writing since 1975 and has published over 50 novels, with 9 million copies of her books in print.
Jasmine served for two years as the editor of the Romance Writer's Report. She also served as president of Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, a
More about Jasmine Cresswell...

Raven (3 books)