Start by marking “Creation in Death (In Death, #25)” as Want to Read:
Creation in Death (In Death, #25)

Creation in Death (In Death #25)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  13,826 ratings  ·  467 reviews
Eve has seen this crime scene before: the artfully arranged body of a young brunette, arms spread, palms up, body marked by the signs of prolonged and painful torture. Carved into her torso is the time it took her to die - in hours, minutes, and seconds. And on the third finger of her left hand has been placed a silver ring.

Eve is catapulted back to a case nine years earli
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Creation in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creation in Death

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
211th out of 1,291 books — 1,740 voters
Naked in Death by J.D. RobbGlory in Death by J.D. RobbVengeance in Death by J.D. RobbPortrait in Death by J.D. RobbInnocent in Death by J.D. Robb
Best of J.D. Robb
15th out of 36 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina
Fantastic! Incredible! Perfect!

Again, Robb brings back the characters we love with a new crime to solve. Roarke works more hands-on this time, getting a real picture of what cops do. He'd never been this 'in' it before, and it was great to see him there, and get his 'feel' for what cops go through during an intense investigation.

Arguments and fights between some of the more active characters make them appear more human and all the more believable.

The plot was good, not so many twists but you get
Bigd_041555
What a despicable serial killer! Really like this book - it has Eve and Roarke working closer than ever before without all the angst.

The only thing about the book that I don't like is the title. I don't get the "Creation" part at all - in my opinion, it should have been called "Groomed in Death" but that's just me. Do I recommend this book - of course, it's a great part of the series, maybe not integral, but still ...

Two thumbs up and 5 stars - now on to Strangers in Death, excluding the novella
Caz Malpas
5 DAZZLING DALLAS STARS

Oh my good gawd, I know I said the last one was my very favourite, or was it the one before or maybe both, but shit, I was wrong, this was my very very very favourite so far, by far!!!

Christ! Jesus! (Quoting the God himself, Roarke) that was a bloody good one, I'm missing listening to it already, there's only one thing for it..........

NEXT PLEASE.......!
Elvan
Creation is a grizzly look into the twisted mind of a serial killer. It remains one of my favourites of the series. I am the first to complain about Roarke leaping into every investigation whether he is welcome or not. In Creation we get to follow Roarke as he works side by side with the geek squad to hunt down the killer. It is an interesting perspective and unique IMO for the series. One of Groom's victims, Ariel is a refreshing kick a$$ character and lightens what would be a very dark book.

Th
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is the first In-Death book where Eve doesn't have a single dream about her father. Is she growing? Is she moving on? Could be. We'll see what happens in the next book.

Creation in Death is a good old fashioned crime drama. The police procedural business plays out for us with all the usual players in place. Who is kidnapping and torturing women to death? The whole plays out well. A few good one liners but overall the humor was needed to cut through the increased tension.

I really enjoyed this
Maria
You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

As all the previous books in this series, this one was a great one also! I truly believe that J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts gives us a very good and well-written story with interesting characters combined with mystery.

In this story, a serial killer is back after nine years and it’s very important for all the police department to catch him. Especially for Eve. And that’s why all our favorite characters became an uns
Magpie67
A criminal is taunting the investigators. Feeney has never let this one go and Eve remembers it well, it was one of her first cases as a rookie.

"For him, death was a vocation. He was a maestro in the art of death. The keeper of time. The bringer of destiny."

Eve and her husband seem to be the focus in Creation in Death, but Eve doesn't think she is the actual person being targeted. Maura brings it to her attention causing Eve to hide this bit of information from Rourke. It's bad enough her husb
Nath
Julie H.
I'm going with four stars for J.D. Robb's Creation in Death and, in point of fact, if we had half stars I might even go so far as 4 1/2. Why? Great question. Here's the short answer: Robb is not phoning it in on this one. Specifically, she gives us great characterization of even minor players and, more important, for the bits of background context into the Urban Wars provided in the later pages of Creation in Death. The procedural part has always been interesting--including how Peabody simply do ...more
Inga
Izcili, Fantastiski, Apbrīnojami.
Līdz šim ne pie vienas J.D.Robb sarakstītās sērijas „In Death” grāmatām, mana sirds nav dauzījusies tā kā lasot šo grāmatu. Jau no pirmajiem teikumiem es sapratu, ka šis būs KAUT KAS! Un es nekļūdījos – tā bija fantastiska grāmata.
Ne vienmēr tas, ko mēs uzskatam par nevarīgiem un nevainīgiem tādi ir. Šajā grāmatā autore noziedznieka vietā ir izvēlējusies interesantu un ļoti inteliģentu tēlu, kurš spējis izmukt no Fīnija un Dallasas nagiem pirms deviņiem gadiem,
Tina
A serial killer who had eluded the NYSPD nine years ago has returned. Feeney was the primary investigator back then and Eve was a newly minted detective and his partner. The fact that the killer escaped clean to go ply his trade in other cities and countries has sat bitterly with not only Eve and Feeney but with Morris the coroner, Whitney the chief and even Berenski the lab tech.

Now, nine years later he is back, doing exactly what he did before in his same MO. The cops of the NYSPD have a chanc
~Megan~
Fantastic! These last few I've read have been very strong in both the mystery and emotion department. This particular case had a suuuuuper creepy bad guy, and was one that Feeney and Eve worked on when she was still a rookie. The best of these books are when the mystery ties in to some kind of emotional issue with Eve and one of her "family" members. This one explored the relationship with Eve And her real father figure, and a few of the scenes really had me tearing up. I enjoyed the audio so mu ...more
Katy M
This entry in the "in Death" series is one of my most favorite and least favorite all in one...

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
...absolutely chilling, haunting- the least part and more insight into some of the various relationships and backgrounds of both the major and secondary players in the series- the most part.
J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts) is one of the few authors I reread. Everything about the "in Death" novels is quality writing and defies genre labeling.
From the relationship between Dall
Sabine
Lieutenant Eve Dallas hat eigentlich frei und freut sich auf einen gemütlichen Abend mit ihrem Mann Roarke als ihr Handy klingelt und Commander Whitney persönlich sie zu einem Tatort ruft. Das kann nur etwas ganz schlimmes bedeuten und tatsächlich lässt die Tote ihr den Atem stocken: Nackt und verstümmelt liegt sie auf einem weißen Leinentuch drapiert liegt sie im East River Park. Doch was Eve so schockiert ist nicht die Tote selbst sondern die Zahlen die ihr in den Torso eingeritzt wurden: 48 S ...more
Ed
#25 in the Eve Dallas "In Death" series. This 2007 entry takes place in 2060 NYC. Homicide Lt. Dallas vows to capture the serial torturer and killer that escaped her and her mentor Capt. Feeney nine years earlier when he abducted and killed 4 young women. Now he's back in NY after killing sprees in South America, Europe and Florida. Satisfying series entry and my only quibble is with the dialogue between her and husband Roarke when he realizes that the killer has Eve as his eventual target and t ...more
Carol
Her writing is so good. I've read about 4 of this series, and absolutely love this series, and really like her take on this futuristic police force, Lt. Eve Dallas as the area boss and her billionaire husband Roarke that has talents and abilities and knows more people than anybody. He owns companies internationally. I really like the relationship they have and the passion they share and save for each other. This story is a hard one as they are looking for a man that has killed 24 people, by muti ...more
Brenda
One of my favorite In Death books I believe. A rather evil murderer comes back for round two and its up to Dallas to save the day. This murderer kidnaps young brown haired women and tortures them to death. I normally don't like books involving torture but the author didn't linger on it, forcing detail after detail on us. Rather she allowed us to use our own imagination. This killer is very creepy and smart.

I like the by play between Dallas and Feeney, her mentor and the head of the EED. This wa
Karin
27th(?) Eve Dallas futuristic mystery/thriller. I've read them all, but had gotten a little bored so waited a few months after release to pick this one up. Was pleasantly surprised that some things turned out unexpectedly. Eve tracks serial killer 'The Groom' with help of task force that includes her husband. Solid, good read.
Sharon Simpson
I can't believe that I stopped reading this series.

In book 25, J.D. Robb creates the same creepy, anticipatory atmosphere that harkened back to some of the earlier titles.

What I liked: Eve was in rare form in this book, fighting for a group of women that were not able to see justice for themselves.

The villain: The villain was the kind of sick individual so full of arrogance that you couldn't wait for him to face Eve. Sins of the father...I was actually saddened for the world having birthed such
Shelah
I have read many books in this series and I was growing concerned that the main character was growing stagnant, but with this installation she has made the subtle changes in Eve Dallas that move her forward while maintaining the persona we have grown to love and respect.
Malin

Creation in Death is book 25 in the In Death series and this is possibly not the place you want to start, as a whole load of character development comes before. However, as the books are a bit like episodes in a crime procedural show, picking up with this one would be like watching a random episode of a show a few seasons in. I don't think there's any major spoilers for previous books in this review, but if you jump in at 25, you have only yourself to blame.

In this book, Dallas and her
Silver James
Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb I finally figured out the significance of this title. Subtle. Very subtle. The villain, beyond his proclivity for torture, is totally creepy for reasons I won't list here, as I don't do spoilers when I can avoid them. This book is emotional for Eve on many levels, but for once, she and Roarke are almost--operative word being almost--in lock step on the investigation. The return of the serial killer dubbed The Groom puts them on a short timetable and the whole task force works to exhaustion to ...more
Felicia
Very enjoyable, the serial killer thing was suspenseful. The best of these books have a really strong emotional element to them involving one of the main characters, this one lacked that but had some really creepy stuff.
Patricia
Nine years ago, a serial killer, dubbed The Groom, tortured and murdered four women in fifteen days. The naked bodies were found publically posed on a white sheet. Each body possessed multiple burns caused by both heat and cold, multiple puncture wounds caused by round objects, multiple bruises caused by inanimate objects and multiple lacerations caused by very sharp blades. Not a one had been raped.

And while he was called “The Groom” because he placed a silver ring on the left hand, that was on
Mike
This story moved a little slower than some of the other books in this series but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. The author did an amazing job at showing just how sick the human mind can be when left to its own devices. It was good to see some tension between Roarke and Eve as they worked together on the case more than any other case she's had that I've read so far. It shows they aren't always lovey dovey but that such situations can make even a "perfect" couple hit a few snags. Peabody as alway ...more
Thenia
An extremely difficult case for Eve and Feeney, with a killer that managed to evade them years ago returning to the city and a race against time to catch him before he kills his next victim.

Roarke works this case with them from beginning to end and gains new appreciation for what Eve really goes through every time.

A very demanding case that runs Eve and her team to the ground before its satisfying conclusion.

Next in the series comes Strangers in Death.
ShoSho
There is just one word for this one CREEPY!or maybe I was creeped out because I was working in the Dark room while listening to most of it !!?
Anyway love it

Aly is so frigging bored
In this one we see Eve and Roarke working even more closely together. On that point, I have a feeling he's not coming back to the precinct any time soon :D
Anette
It is 2060 and 9 years previously a horrible killer escaped the NYPSD, but now he is back. This is a case that brings back a lot of memories, emotion and anger from everyone on the NYPSD. When the victim turns out to be one of Roarke's employees, he too becomes invested in finding this killer. With the second and third victims also linked to Roarke's companies, the profiling changes to include Roarke as a possible ultimate victim. Or does the Groom have visions of grandeur hoping to make Eve Dal ...more
J.D. Robb : Creation in Death (Spoiler Zone) 19 76 Jan 23, 2014 10:23AM
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Tribute
  • Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs, #2)
  • Dark Light (Harmony #5)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)
  • Hades
  • The Interludes (In the company of shadows, #3)
aka:
Sarah Hardesty
Jill March
Nora Roberts

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. She was the youngest of the five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline.
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

“I want a homing beacon on your vehicle."

"There will be."

"No, I want one on before we leave the grounds in the morning. I'll see to it."

Give and take, she reminded herself. Even when--maybe especially when--give and take was a pain in the ass. "Okay. But there go my plans to slip off and meet Pablo the pool boy for an hour of hot, sticky sex."

"We all have to make sacrifices. Myself, I've had to reschedule my liaison with Vivien the French maid three times in the last couple of days."

"Blows," Eve said as they slipped into bed.

"She certainly does.”
29 likes
“You shouldn’t have private conversations in public facilities at the top of your lungs.” Point well taken, Eve was forced to admit.” 4 likes