Start by marking “Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax” as Want to Read:
Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  637 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Oh, the Places You'll Go!

For out-starting upstarts of all ages, here is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from the one and only Dr. Seuss. In his inimitable, humorous verse he addresses the Great Balancing Act (life itself, and the ups and downs it presents) while encouraging us to find the success that lies within us.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You wi
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 25th 2008 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienMatilda by Roald DahlGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Children's Books I'll Re-Read No Matter How Old I Am
137th out of 1,854 books — 2,908 voters
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussOh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
37th out of 62 books — 51 voters

More lists with this book...

The UHQ Nasanta

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Narrated by John Lithgow

Enjoyed his performance. On the high notes, he sounded upbeat and when speaking of the down notes, he appropriately sounded rather downtrodden but still hopeful. I thought that the music and sound effects were a nice touch.

3.5 stars for the story
3.5 stars for the narration

The Lorax
Narrated by Ted Danson

Ted Danson did a wonderful performance as the Lorax and the narrator. I thought that the music and sound effects helped to set the mood a
John Lithgow's rendition of Oh, the Places You'll Go! is fabulous. Ted Danson was a disappointment after listening to Lithgow who should read all of Dr. Seuss's audiobooks, if you ask me!
A couple of classic stories read expertly by well known actors. It was the camping selection for Claire and I and quite enjoyable.
Austin Wright
HEY!!!! Let's join his happiest book with his saddest book!!!!! WOW!!!! What a terrible idea!!!
Perfect for graduations.
love love loved it, wo can resist Dr Seuss :-)
I cannot wait to see
The words people will write
Because some can be
Very contrite.

The words I read,
On a brown kitchen table,
Made me dread
The end of a fable.

I liked it,
And everyone else too,
With great spirit,
And a voice that went "ooh!".

I'm not a poet. I don't know how punctuation applies to poetry and I've never bothered to figure out. Take that with a grain of salt.
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
A very special book with a message that is timeless. Everybody needs to read or listen to this book, probably once a month!

I only rated Oh, the places you'll go!
Kelley Mcalhany
Great book for inspiring children to do what they want to do and allow them to dream big. Good for the end of the year wrap up.
Adore both of these books so much!!! fantastic stories and messages. Timeless and fun!
Mary Mckernan
Each of my children received this book after their college graduation.
Eileen V
it's a good book
Oct 29, 2009 Isaac added it
Joann Park
Leslie added it
Sep 22, 2015
Belma Hidalgo acevedo
Belma Hidalgo acevedo marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Kelly Pina
Kelly Pina marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
  • Bartlett and the Ice Voyage
  • Dr. Seuss's Gertrude McFuzz: Vocal Score
  • Once Upon a Midnight Eerie: The Misadventures of Edgar & Allan Poe, Book Two
  • If You Take a Mouse Five-Book Set (If You Take a Mouse to the Movies; If You Take a Mouse to School; If You Give a Moose a Muffin; If You Give a Mouse a Cookie; If You Give a Pig a Pancake)
  • Douglas Adams Live in Concert
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • The One and Only Shrek!
  • Happy Halloween, Little Critter!
  • Werewolf versus Dragon (An Awfully Beastly Business, #1)
  • Blaze The Ice Dragon (Beast Quest, #23)
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • Birds
  • A Letter to Amy
  • Purple, Green and Yellow
  • The Greedy Python
  • Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • The Whingdingdilly
  • A Beginning, a Muddle, and an End: The Right Way to Write Writing
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat Oh, The Places You'll Go! How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Lorax

“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!” 2877 likes