Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  583 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Oh, the Places You'll Go!

For out-starting upstarts of all ages, here is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from the one and only Dr. Seuss. In his inimitable, humorous verse he addresses the Great Balancing Act (life itself, and the ups and downs it presents) while encouraging us to find the success that lies within us.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You wi
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 25th 2008 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, the Places You'll Go! and The Lorax

The UHQ Nasanta

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Narrated by John Lithgow

Enjoyed his performance. On the high notes, he sounded upbeat and when speaking of the down notes, he appropriately sounded rather downtrodden but still hopeful. I thought that the music and sound effects were a nice touch.

3.5 stars for the story
3.5 stars for the narration

The Lorax
Narrated by Ted Danson

Ted Danson did a wonderful performance as the Lorax and the narrator. I thought that the music and sound effects helped to set the mood a...more
Brian
A couple of classic stories read expertly by well known actors. It was the camping selection for Claire and I and quite enjoyable.
AishWarya
I cannot wait to see
The words people will write
Because some can be
Very contrite.

The words I read,
On a brown kitchen table,
Made me dread
The end of a fable.

I liked it,
And everyone else too,
With great spirit,
And a voice that went "ooh!".

I'm not a poet. I don't know how punctuation applies to poetry and I've never bothered to figure out. Take that with a grain of salt.
Brett Hollinger
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
April
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Catherine
A very special book with a message that is timeless. Everybody needs to read or listen to this book, probably once a month!

I only rated Oh, the places you'll go!
Kelley Mcalhany
Great book for inspiring children to do what they want to do and allow them to dream big. Good for the end of the year wrap up.
Julie
Adore both of these books so much!!! fantastic stories and messages. Timeless and fun!
Mary Mckernan
Each of my children received this book after their college graduation.
Eileen V
it's a good book
Isaac
Oct 29, 2009 Isaac added it
hghghg
Joann Park
future
Rosie
Rosie is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
Jovina Diosana
Jovina Diosana is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2014
Tatjana
Tatjana marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 15, 2014
  • The Greedy Python
  • Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • A Beginning, a Muddle, and an End: The Right Way to Write Writing
  • Don't Bump the Glump! and Other Fantasies
  • The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #1)
  • Purple, Green and Yellow
  • Alligators All Around
  • Bedtime for Mommy
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • The Whingdingdilly
  • Birds
  • Zombiekins
  • Germs Make Me Sick! (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 2) (Reading Rainbow Book)
  • The Neil Gaiman Audio Collection CD
  • Best Little Word Book Ever
  • Piggie Pie!
  • Pirate vs. Pirate: The Terrific Tale of a Big, Blustery Maritime Match
  • You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born 2 March 1904 in Springfield, MA. He graduated Dartmouth College in 1925, and proceeded on to Oxford University with the intent of acquiring a doctorate in literature. At Oxford he met Helen Palmer, who he wed in 1927. He returned from Europe in 1927, and began working for a magazine called Judge, the leading humor magazine in America at the time, submitting both carto...more
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Oh, The Places You'll Go! The Lorax

“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!” 2651 likes