Start by marking “The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)

The Leopard Prince (Princes #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  7,548 Ratings  ·  446 Reviews
The One Thing a Lady Must Never Do...

Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.

Is Fall In Love...

Harry has known many aristocrats—including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met a b
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published April 1st 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Leopard Prince, please sign up.

Wednesday Hi Alex. I guess you could read it as a stand alone, although you do meet all the characters in the first book which helps set the scene for the…moreHi Alex. I guess you could read it as a stand alone, although you do meet all the characters in the first book which helps set the scene for the second.(less)

Nenia *the flagrant liberal* Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Did I really finish two whole books on a work night? I'm officially the superhero of reading (and also, on an unrelated note, the superhero of not getting enough sleep tonight).

Man, when Elizabeth Hoyt is on her game, she is on her game. I've had several misses since reading the book that originally turned me onto this author, DUKE OF SIN, but reading THE LEOPARD PRINCE reminded me of why I got into her writing in the first place.

Lady Georg
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4.5/5

Once again, Elizabeth Hoyt has given us unconventional characters in extraordinary circumstances, brought together in a truly lovely story.

Goats are dropping like flies all over Lord Silas Granville’s lands. Tempers are flaring, accusations being cast and Harry Pye is at the center of it all. He knows he’s being framed for the deaths and is determined to find out who the culprit is before Granville, who is also the Magistrate and long time enemy of the Pye family, can see him hanged. Harry
Jilly
Mar 01, 2017 Jilly rated it it was ok
I don't know. The heroine is kind of stupid, and the hero is kind of crude. He's supposed to be just a low-born guy, so I guess they needed to prove that a lot. And, considering how much she cared about fashion and superficial B.S., I had a hard time believing them as a couple. It was more like he was a new toy that she wanted to play with, and she is used to getting what she wants.

She wants his stick all right..

The only thing that kept me reading was to find out who was killing the sheep. And,
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED
"I'm yours to do with as you wish, my lady."

4.5 stars.

YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, SEPTEMBER 1760
Harry Pye is Lady Georgina (George) Maitland's land steward. Admittedly, the hero seems to be pretty average at first sight. Average height, rather lean, brown hair and he wore brown clothes, as if to camouflage himself. Our hero seems to be cold and stoic, too. But despite his being rather average, he's got stunningly beautiful green eyes, and if you look a little bit closer, you'll rec
Floripiquita
Mar 02, 2017 Floripiquita rated it really liked it
Me ha gustado bastante, quizá algo menos que el primero. Es bastante entretenido, a pesar de lo inverosímil de algunas situaciones tan modernas allá por 1760.
Beanbag Love
Nov 21, 2009 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it
This should have been a five star. It was soooo close. Until the last 20%.

Basically the heroine does something TSTL at the end and we have to wallow in that manufactured nonsense for the rest of the book. Then the ending comes abruptly, we have a sweet little reconciliation and it's over. No epilogue or nuthin'. Boo!

Harry Pye and Georgina "George" Maitland are a nice, unique couple. He's her land steward and she's the sister of an earl who's aunt left her everything she owned. So she's got more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mrs Hoyt,

After I finally got around to reading your first book, “The Raven Prince,” I was hooked on your writing. I knew I had to have this book, “The Serpent Prince”. Well, now that I’ve finished this one I’m starting to panic. Only one book left. “Gah!”

I’m happy to say that I find Harry and George’s story more realistic than the first book. In the mid eighteenth century, I find it easier to believe that a lower class man and an upper
Julianna
Oct 12, 2009 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sensuous Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" With The Leopard Prince, Elizabeth Hoyt has authored another solid story in the Princes Trilogy, and has once again, shown her talent for creating unusual characters in a unique situation, as well as an ability to write a good mystery. Ms. Hoyt continues her “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” theme with two rather ordinary characters. Georgina is described as a plain woman who is certainly no beauty. She is a bit too tall for a woman, has untamable curly r
Daniella
Jul 15, 2015 Daniella rated it liked it
The Leopard Prince was almost perfect. Ms. Elizabeth Hoyt's writing is one of the best I've ever encountered, and she definitely did not disappoint with this book. The way she weaved words together was just amazing. Every sentence commanded my attention; every word made me feel.

And of course, there were the characters. They were so brilliantly created, every one of them. From George and Harry up to the last of George's brothers, I loved them all (except the villain, of course). Hell, even Will,
Keri
There is no way that I can review the book well enough that would relay how much I loved this book. But I shall give it a try. I fell in love with Harry, just like Georgina. How could I not? Harry and His Lady made the cutest couple and the love scenes were hot as well.

I liked Harry for being just a regular guy. He wasn't very tall or hulking. He was just a simple man with sexy green eyes. A working man trying to do his job. He also didn't take any crap off anybody. He might have been his Lady'
Caz
I'm actually giving this 4.5 stars, but unusually, am rounding up rather than down. Why? Two words. Harry. Pye.

This book has been on my TBR pile for quite some time, so when I saw that one of the prompts for the AAR Days of the Week Reading Challenge was to read a book in which the hero or heroine is a landowner, a farmer, a gardener, a botanist, or a book that has the words "garden" or "flower" in its title, or the book is set in the country side, I immediately added the book to my list.

There a
-Ya
Aug 23, 2015 -Ya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
2.5-stars
Mystery? Flimsy.
Tension? Non-existent.
I enjoyed the first book The Raven Prince, and Wicked Intentions from Maiden Lane series by the author. I thought this book wouldn’t be a disappointment. Grrr..The Leopard Prince has such an unrealistic plot line between MCs with romance that can only be described as ridiculous. Plus, I have no idea why Lady Georgina falls in love with her land steward Harry. The part I really like is Harry's interaction with his brothers. Very endearing.
Juliana Philippa
George + Harry + their relationship = amazing!!, but mystery subplot could have used some work (4.5 stars)

Another absolutely lovely book by Elizabeth Hoyt! At the time I'm writing this review, I've read all three in the Princes trilogy and have to say that my ranking in terms of preference follows their order in the series.

The Leopard Prince was close on the heels of The Raven Prince (5 stars), but the biggest complaint I have with this book was the mystery subplot. Had it been simpler, it could
Cathy (cathepsut)
The opening line sets the tone of the book nicely:
"After the carriage wreck and a bit before the horses ran away, Lady Georgina Maitland noticed that her land steward was a man."

It's been a while since I read the first book and I don't remember anything of it, except that I liked it well enough to get the next book. The Leopard Prince worked well as a stand-alone.

Decent world-building, the first few pages had me giggling immediately. Good backstory, interwoven well with the main plot. The evil l
Maureen Feeney
Feb 01, 2010 Maureen Feeney rated it really liked it
Lady Georgina Maitland is 28, wealthy, single and intends to stay that way in order to keep her independance. She has hired a land steward to run her estates, Harry Pye.

When she returns to her estate in Yorkshire, Harry gets blamed for poisoning the sheep by Magistrate Silas Granville. He insists George fires him before he arrests him, but she stands by Harry. As tension mounts throughout the story we learn there is a history between Silas and Harry. When George stays loyal to Harry a relations
Audrey
May 28, 2011 Audrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I love how Harry calls George "my lady" because she is, indeed, his lady. *le sigh*
Pepa
Soy muy consciente de que la historia es totamente inverosimil... al menos para mí, me cuesta mucho creer tanto la actitud de ella como de toda su familia ante ciertos hechos. Aún así, lo he disfrutado de principio a fin. Sin embargo, otros temas, están bien documentados ya que lamentablemente eran muy asiduos.
Él me ha encantado, me pueden estos hombres tan estirados, jajaja
Juega bien con el tema del culpablre y te hace dudar entre tres o cuatro.
Cierto también que puede que sobren escenas hot,
Dee
May 10, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
3.5 Star

Another enjoyable read from EH but have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first one in the series.

I tried to work out exactly what had affected my enjoyment and I think it was because Harry came from the lower class than Georgina. I know that sounds a bit hypocritical as I don't mind when it is vice versa as in the man coming from Upper Class and woman from lower classes etc but I don't like it the other way around - weird I know but there you go ha ha.

kris
Nov 06, 2014 kris rated it liked it
Georgina "George" Maitland is besotted with her land steward, Harry Pye. Harry Pye thinks aristocrats are yucky and dumb. Also, there are poisoned sheep and a neighbor desperately wants to see Harry destroyed. So what are our intrepid couple to do? SEX, OF COURSE! LOTS OF SEX!! THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!!

1. The sex fixes nothing.

2. Someone is planting Harry's carvings alongside the poisoned sheep (view spoiler) but neither Harry nor George consider P
Cheryl
Feb 22, 2010 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Something different from the same old "titled gentleman sees lady, lusts after lady, compromises lady, titled gentleman and lady marry and live happily ever after"!

Instead:

"Wealthy Lady with land sees land steward who also happens to be a common Man, man is wanted for suspected killing of sheep, Lady seduces man, man resists seduction, man whittles some wood, Lady seduces man again, man allows himself to be seduced, a whore is murdered, whittled wood shows up everywhere, Lady falls in love with
Eliza
Nov 14, 2007 Eliza rated it really liked it
Okay, see. I didn't expect to like this. Who could fall in love with a hero called Harry Pye? And really, the back cover made it seem kind of boring, with no real reason to read. But as usual, the fucktard that wrote the cover copy got it completely wrong. Harry is quiet and funny and confident and the problems he has with the relationship really make sense without being insurmountable, though they might have been, and in the less deft hands of some other writer this book could have been a train ...more
Denise
Nov 23, 2010 Denise rated it it was amazing
A bit different from your typical historical romance. George is an independent woman who is firmly on the shelf. She has her own money and property thanks to an inheritance from her aunt. She is not a great beauty and has never met any man that interested her enough to become involved with. Then she meets Harry, her common land steward. She likes this type of many man, too bad he is too common to marry, but... Things heat up for her from there. This was an engaging read with my favorite type of ...more
Lelyana
Feb 18, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD.....!!!!!
Ready for Harry Pye...He's so sexy...cannot help falling for him....

This is a story :

Di pekerjakan jadi land steward, mandor di lahan manor nya Lady Georgina (spinster,28 tahun), Harry Pye, terpaksa menemani Lady nya pergi ke manor itu dari London. Di tengah jalan,sebelum sampai ke Manor George, roda kereta mereka kejeblos ,kena becek2 hujan yg lebat. Jadilah basah2an mereka berlindung di pondok terdekat disana. Malam itu membuat Harry sadar kalo saja dia bukan s
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Mar 17, 2017 Wollstonecrafthomegirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hawt-sex
Hoyt is a very reliable author for me. I don’t think she’s written a book that’s less than three stars and, regardless of quite where it falls on the rating scale, I always enjoy her work. The strange flip side of that is that she’s never an outstanding author for me. I think I’ve given her five stars once (To Beguile a Beast, if you’re interested – injured hero/‘fallen’ heroine/cute well written kids: catnip). Mostly though, she’s solid, not spectacular.

Which is a rambling way of saying: this
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Review @ Under the Covers

4.5 Stars

Lady Georgina Maitland has been called up to Yorkshire urgently, it seems sheep have been murdered on her neighbour's land and her land steward Mr Harry Pye has been accused of their slaughter. Georgina doesn't believe Harry could have done it, and the more time they spend together the more she can't help thinking of him as a man rather then just her land steward.

The Princes Trilogy continues with the story of Harry and Georgina and I loved it! So far this trilo
valee
Sep 24, 2010 valee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I just have started to adore this author. I'll say this book wasn't as good as the first one but only because of the slow beginning. I even liked this book more than the first one, I'm just rating it lower because the first chapters were really boring for me, it took a really long time for the book to become interesting but once it did I just couldn't put it down. Not only that but it only kept getting better and better.

I must admit once I finished book one I thought a book about Harry wou
Carolyn F.
Jun 14, 2010 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
This book I liked much more than book #1. Georgina is a really funny woman who uses her sense of humor when she feels uncomfortable. After her land agent Harry helps her when their carriage crashes, she starts to see him as more than an employee. He's attracted to her but he doesn't want to be used. The one thing that I found a little unbelievable, but maybe that's because I wouldn't do it, is she kept going to his house and waiting all night until he came home just so she could ask him somethin ...more
Ruth
Apr 26, 2010 Ruth rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. Maybe not quite as much as the Raven Prince, but so nearly that it makes little difference. It's another unusual story - although aristocratic ladies did make marriages into the non-aristocracy, it was usually after a first marriage and children. The heroine's unusual situation means that she's in an enviable, but difficult situation, even more than an heiress, since the property remains hers after marriage. I did feel that a couple of times she did a few daft things, but ...more
Linds
Jan 30, 2011 Linds rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans's of Lady Chatterly's Lover minus the adultury.
The best thing about this romance is that the hero is an average guy. In almost all regencies the hero is of noble blood, or a brilliant man that made his way up from the gutter. Harry Pye (ignore the stupid name) is neither. He's the son of the groundsman who worked hard and now is the estate manager. Good, normal guy.

The heroine is a bit of a dip but Harry makes it well worth the read. Elizabeth Hoyt can go a bit on the dark side but this is not one of those, if you don't count some darkness
MBR
Readers everywhere would identify with the feeling of unabated excitement that courses through them when they discover an author whose voice they come to adore from the first encounter itself. An added bonus would be having the fortune of finding a long backlist of books that you can indulge in. Elizabeth Hoyt became that for me since I picked up Sweetest Scoundrel from her list of books to read.

The Leopard Prince is the 2nd installment in the Princes trilogy, The Raven Prince being my very firs
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • The Proposition
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)
  • Private Arrangements
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Spymaster's Lady (Spymasters, #1)
  • The Duke of Shadows
  • Untouched
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt...

Princes (3 books)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)

“Shhh,” he murmured against her mouth. “Don’t talk. Don’t think. Just feel.” 14 likes
“Be that as it may, a gentleman doesn’t continue to press his
attentions on a lady who can’t return them.”
“Then, as I see it, you have two problems, my lord,” Harry said.
Tony’s eyes narrowed.
“One, that the lady does, in fact, return my attentions, and two”—Harry turned to meet the earl’s
gaze—“I am no gentleman.”
12 likes