Start by marking “Founding Fathers: Uncommon Heroes” as Want to Read:
Founding Fathers: Uncommon Heroes

Founding Fathers: Uncommon Heroes

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In Founding Fathers Uncommon Heroes you will learn:

-- who kept his wife in a strait-dress in the basement. (p. 131)

-- who introduced waffles, macaroni, and ice cream to the United States. (p. 168)

-- who spontaneously added so help me God to the Presidential oath of office. (p.76)

-- who took daily air-baths in the all-together and who refused to travel with him as a res

Published July 15th 2002 by Legal Awareness Series

To ask other readers questions about Founding Fathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Founding Fathers

Tara
This is a delightful book! Came across it when I was looking for personal info on some of the founding fathers to teach my daughter for homeschool. I wanted to make them seem more real to her instead of just some person in a book. This book was something both she and I really enjoyed. It gave me a deeper understanding of the great men who fought for our nation on so many fronts. It has many personal experiences of these men. There are two versions--a regular version and an LDS version. The only ...more
Amy
Wonderfully written, this book holds the reader's attention from beginning to end. This book is not only for history buffs, but for anyone who wants a fascinating glimpse of the lives of our founding fathers. Written in the form of short biographies, it makes it easy to put down and pick up again without having to re-read the previous chapter. The timeline in the end also makes it easy to put all of the events into perspective. This will be required reading for my own homeschool children, and sh ...more
Sherry
Feb 06, 2008 Sherry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Americans
Recommended to Sherry by: my daughter in law
The real story behind Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and James Madison. You will learn the important part each played in the American Revolution. A must read for anyone who wants to instill in the reader an appreciation for our Great Nation-The United States of America and the inspired men who helped create our Constitution. The majority of the book is written in the personal hand of these American heros.
Kristalyn
Apparently there's an LDS version, and a non-LDS version of this book. I read the non-LDS version. But I guess the LDS version has some sections added that include visions relating to gospel principles by some of these men, post-mortal appearances to later prophets, etc... It was definitely interesting to learn a little about each of the main characters in the founding of this nation, LDS version or not.
Jenne
A synopsis of the founding fathers. Loved how a section is devoted to each of them. I am in awe of the sacrifice of these great men. Men of vision. This edition had an LDS section in the back that added a spiritual insight to the book which really opened my eyes to the Lord's hand in setting up our great nation.
Jessica
I liked this book. I knew a lot of this history already, but there were some new stories. Always enjoyable to read about these good men, though it was a teensy bit too saccharin (like: they never made a mistake) for my taste. Honestly though, a lovely way to spend time.
Brittany
I loved this first time I read it a while back, but I tried reading it again and found it a little boring. That was probably only due to the fact that I have learned a lot about our founding fathers since that first time and already know a great deal of what is in the book.
Bonnie
Amazing true stories of each of the founding fathers and what they went through to establish our country. Very reader friendly. I have the LDS version that tells of some very spiritual experiences too.
Kimberly
I found it very interesting. I enjoyed learning more about the great men that built the foundation for this country. If you like history, you'll like this book.
Angelyn
These are biographies of the founding fathers from Steven Allen. He spoke about them at Education Week and was very interesting. Pure History.
Kourtneyjjarvis
A wonderful book that brings to life the American Revolutionary heroes. They become real men and not just people out of the history books.
Jana
Great book -- learned so much about our founding fathers and what they went through to make our country great.
Paul Whetten
Excellent book containing little-known stories about several of our Founding Fathers.
I highly recommend it.
Holly
INFORMATIVE AND FUN TO READ.
Robin
Very good, quick read.
Lee
Lee added it
Nov 18, 2014
MaryAnn Keyser
MaryAnn Keyser marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Erica
Erica added it
Oct 10, 2014
Mike
Mike added it
Feb 16, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Dean
Dean marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
♥ Sarah ♥
♥ Sarah ♥ marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Neida
Neida marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Illegal Trial of Christ Give Me Liberty & Other Quotes from Great American Leaders Founding Fathers Uncommon Heroes You Can't Take It With You, So How Will You Leave It Behind?