Start by marking “Raising Nonviolent Children in a Violent World” as Want to Read:
Raising Nonviolent Children in a Violent World

Raising Nonviolent Children in a Violent World

As a family counselor and leader of workshops on raising nonviolent children, Michael Obsatz has identified twenty skills that parents and children can learn together for self-protection and for relating to others in loving ways.
Published January 1st 1998 by Augsburg Fortress Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Raising Nonviolent Children in a Violent World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Nonviolent Children in a Violent World

Amelia Holcomb
Dec 16, 2015 Amelia Holcomb rated it it was ok
I was able to attend a seminar at which the author spoke and really enjoyed his perspective on society, shame, personal growth and spirituality. I reserved his book right away following the conference. However, I was a bit disappointed with the simplicity of the ideas behind the text. I would've liked it if he explored more theories of development and psychology in addition to providing ideas for discussion with one's children. Although I enjoyed this quick, easy read and can see that it might ...more
Naomi
Jan 23, 2012 Naomi rated it really liked it
Written with reflection and workbook exercises for families to work through together, this is an accessible and useful book to build skills in children and in adults and as families. The sections on bullying and dealing with disappointment are particularly excellent, lessons many of keep learning throughout our lives.
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2008
Sharon Rosenberg-Scholl
Sharon Rosenberg-Scholl rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Tanya Ghorra
Tanya Ghorra marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Lucas Land
Lucas Land marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Sara Nes
Sara Nes marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Arlo
Arlo marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016