Start by marking “Five Little Pumpkins” as Want to Read:
Five Little Pumpkins

Five Little Pumpkins

The favorite finger rhyme told in schools, libraries, and play groups every Halloween is presented here in wonderfully humorous and endearing illustrations. Five not-so-little pumpkins start out "sitting on a gate." But before long a wild evening is afoot. They roll along a country lane to join some trick-or-treaters--a ghost, two witches, a clown, and a devil. As the ...more
Published September 1st 1995 by Boyds Mills Press

Michelle
Jul 23, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
classic
Heidi-Marie
A wonderful illustration adaptation to a song/rhyme that I loved in my Lewis days. Loved it!!! I was so excited to find this book--and it was word for word. A great way to read a book and then do the rhyme as well. So happy with this discovery.

10/26/10 & 10/28/10 It went fabulously! The kids enjoyed it. I think they liked the pictures. And some knew the song/rhyme, so they were ready for what came next. They liked doing the rhyme afterwards as well.
Tara
Nov 04, 2012 Tara rated it it was ok
This is a decent version of this rhyme. When it comes down to it, it's really the illustrations that will make or break this book. The illustrations are fine. The colours are a lighter than other versions so this version may be a bit less spooky for little ones. But I prefer a different version, Five Little Pumpkins.
Dolly
Nov 14, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've heard this song many times, as we have a recording of it sung by Raffi, but this is the first time we've seen it in a book. It's a simple song, and cute especially during Halloween. The illustrations are fun and complement the song lyrics nicely.
Meghan Peters
This book was okay, I did not think it was that great of book because it was too short and boring. It was about five little pumpkins what they did at night. this is definitely a beginner easy to read book for kids starting out to read.
Christine
Nov 10, 2014 Christine rated it did not like it
The pictures do a really poor job of illustrating the words. Next year I'll look for a different version of this story.
June
Nov 01, 2013 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young halloween requests
Recommended to June by: Polly
Has large pictures of the retelling of the song. Could use for a lap time or toddler time before or after the song.
Amanda Jackson
Dec 10, 2013 Amanda Jackson rated it really liked it
this is a great rhyming book and you could get your students into it a lot. the illustrations were kind of odd bit it was what made the book good
Stephanie
Oct 12, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
This is a fun book to read in preparation for Halloween. A quick read that goes through what each pumpkin has to say.
Polly
Good Halloween fun for an all-ages storytime!
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Quynh
Quynh rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2007
Sarrah
Sarrah rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Library
Nov 03, 2014 Library rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A familiar song presented with creative and cute illustrations of a pumpkin adventure.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Joella www.cinjoella.com rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2010
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2009
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2015
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Flora
Flora rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2007
Edna
Love the tradition poem but the illustrations are dated, flat and seem amateurish.
Ann
Ann rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2012
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2008
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2008
The Bougie Twins
The Bougie Twins rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2013
Booboo
Booboo rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Alexis
Alexis rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015