Mean on Sunday (Rev): The Autobiography of Ray Nitschke

Mean on Sunday (Rev): The Autobiography of Ray Nitschke

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This is Nitschke's own story, from his underprivileged boyhood in Chicago, through his playing days at the University of Illinois, and culminating with his extraordinary 15-year career with the Packers. An entertaining and inspirational story.
Published September 28th 1998 by Prairie Oak Press (first published September 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Mean on Sunday (Rev), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mean on Sunday (Rev)

Lars
The Autobiography of Ray Nitschke is a very good and inspirational book. It tells you of the childhood struggles Ray went through and how he achieved success against all odds. This book is an autobiography, so you can actually capture Ray’s ideas and thoughts directly, which I think makes this book very interesting. I think the way the story is told is very inspiring. He talks of his problems and how he used them as fuel for his career. I can use this advice in my life in situations where I enco...more
Jeffrey Williams
This was a FABULOUS book! Nitschke gives us wonderful insights to his character and to the way he played football in the 1960s. The thing I appreciate in Nitschke's work is that he is humble. That humility shines forth throughout the book - for a professional football player - that's actually a pretty unique thing these days.
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Brian E. Spivey
Brian E. Spivey marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Tim Reitz
Tim Reitz is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Tyler Duchateau
Tyler Duchateau marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Michelle Johnson
Michelle Johnson marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Pierre LaRocco
Pierre LaRocco marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
UK writer, born Frank Charles Robert Wells on 31 January 1929 in London, that began publishing Science Fiction with "The Machine that was Lovely" for the Observer in 1954.
Other works:
* The Parasaurians (1969);
* Candle in the Sun (1971);
* Right-Handed Wilderness (1973) and
* The Spacejacks (1975).
More about Robert Wells...
Fire and Ice The Anarchist Handbook Candle in the Sun Spacejacks Right-Handed Wilderness