Start by marking “The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch” as Want to Read:
The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch

The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch

The compassion of the Father enables us to overcome insecurity and the devastating effects of some of life's most painful experiences. Included in the back is a study guide with questions for each chapter.
Published December 31st 1985 by Harvest House Publishers (first published April 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Father Heart of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Father Heart of God

Honeybee
May 30, 2014 Honeybee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
This book is part of the core curriculum, so-to-speak, of Youth With A Mission. It talks about how the Lord relates to us as a loving Father and how our relationship with our own dads and other authority figures can inhibit our ability to respond to Him as such.

When I read the book aloud to my husband, we found it to be a bit dry in spots. I would've liked to see more real-life examples, as these often help readers grasp what an author is trying to tell them. Nevertheless, there were some "ah-ha
Steve Heyes
Jan 04, 2010 Steve Heyes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very interesting. It was easy to read and some high level ideas made so simple by using some brilliant anecdotes from McClungs life. He writes with conviction and place of security and yet is vulnerable and real.

He has seen more brokenness in the world then I ever hope to and still holds on hope of a father God who wants transform and repair the brokenness we may have. It is a short book but packed with helpful steps and thoughts that I'm sure I will delve back into at some po
Paul
Sep 08, 2008 Paul rated it really liked it
Good book on healing the heart wounds of your past, with an emphasis on knowing God as Father. This is one of Floyd McClung's life messages, so he's qualified to write on this subject. Floyd was with YWAM for a long time - 30 years - becoming one of their main leaders. He and his family were missionaries in Afghanistan - and then the red light district of Amsterdam. He is now in South Africa I believe, after a stint in the USA.
Heather Tomlinson

This is a really excellent book. It covers a wide range of topics, basically under the subject of authority, fatherhood, love, brokenness and leadership.
The author clearly has drawn wisdom from his walk with Christ, and produces some advice and observations that will stay with me. Well worth a read.
Lance Towers
Oct 06, 2016 Lance Towers rated it liked it
Shelves: theology
The story told by McClung in chapter 7 about a young man from Thailand, named Sawat, poignantly parallels the parable of the prodigal son. If I had to choose a portion of this book to best illustrate the author's claims, it must be this. For Sawat's father responds in the same manner as our heavenly Father. Both ache for their child to come home!
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, read-2004
Anecdotes and gentle theology introduce the fatherly love of God and the potential of healing from brokenness. For Christians, parents, anyone who is hurting, or betrayed. Moving without wallowing in pity. Excellent.
Phyl
Feb 17, 2009 Phyl rated it it was amazing
God's love and acceptance at work in the lives of shattered and hurting people in the red light district of Amsterdam.
A fresh revelation of the depth of His unconditional love, especially for men who have had absent or abusive fathers.
Mark
Aug 28, 2008 Mark rated it it was amazing
This pwerful book will completely alter your perception of God based on the experiences we have with our own fathers versus waht the Bible says about the Father God is to us. Another book that forever changed my relationship with God and deepened my spiritual growth.
Danielle
The first of my recommended reading in preparation for South Africa!
Hannah Joyce
Feb 13, 2014 Hannah Joyce rated it it was amazing
Floyd writes a book that will change people's lives
Karen L.
Mar 07, 2008 Karen L. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who seek a closer relationship with Father God. Get out your handkerchief. Also for those who have been wounded by an earthly father and need healing.
Dagmar Mueller
Sep 04, 2013 Dagmar Mueller rated it it was amazing
Most awesome classic about how God loves us. Soooooo good!
Michenzie Motl
Michenzie Motl rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2012
esther JuLee
esther JuLee rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
A.B. Wright
A.B. Wright rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Chris Whitler
Chris Whitler rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
whichwaydidshego?
whichwaydidshego? rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2008
Josee D'Amore
Josee D'Amore rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Kenneth Wong
Kenneth Wong rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
Jeena
Jeena rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2010
John Curiale
John Curiale rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Matt Kuvakos
Matt Kuvakos rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Paul Phillips
Paul Phillips rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Rik Eshuis
Rik Eshuis rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Vanessa Chiem
Vanessa Chiem rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Theo Truter
Theo Truter rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Jake Thomas
Jake Thomas rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
David Shepherd
David Shepherd rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
  • What Happens When Women Pray
  • God Is a Matchmaker
  • Mountains of Spices
  • The Fight
Floyd McClung Jr. is the senior pastor of a large, growing church in Kansas City, Missouri, and the international director of All Nations Family. He has lectured on more than 100 university campuses and traveled in more than 175 countries.
More about Floyd McClung...