Start by marking “The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch” as Want to Read:
The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch

The Father Heart of God: God Loves You, Learn to Know His Compassionate Touch

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The compassion of the Father enables us to overcome insecurity and the devastating effects of some of life's most painful experiences. Included in the back is a study guide with questions for each chapter.
Published December 31st 1985 by Harvest House Publishers (first published April 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Father Heart of God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Father Heart of God

Honeybee
This book is part of the core curriculum, so-to-speak, of Youth With A Mission. It talks about how the Lord relates to us as a loving Father and how our relationship with our own dads and other authority figures can inhibit our ability to respond to Him as such.

When I read the book aloud to my husband, we found it to be a bit dry in spots. I would've liked to see more real-life examples, as these often help readers grasp what an author is trying to tell them. Nevertheless, there were some "ah-ha
Heather Tomlinson

This is a really excellent book. It covers a wide range of topics, basically under the subject of authority, fatherhood, love, brokenness and leadership.
The author clearly has drawn wisdom from his walk with Christ, and produces some advice and observations that will stay with me. Well worth a read.
Steve Heyes
I found this book very interesting. It was easy to read and some high level ideas made so simple by using some brilliant anecdotes from McClungs life. He writes with conviction and place of security and yet is vulnerable and real.

He has seen more brokenness in the world then I ever hope to and still holds on hope of a father God who wants transform and repair the brokenness we may have. It is a short book but packed with helpful steps and thoughts that I'm sure I will delve back into at some po
Gabby Salani
This book will change your life. I felt like I was relearning who God was and his heart for me.
Hannah Joyce
Floyd writes a book that will change people's lives
Paul
Good book on healing the heart wounds of your past, with an emphasis on knowing God as Father. This is one of Floyd McClung's life messages, so he's qualified to write on this subject. Floyd was with YWAM for a long time - 30 years - becoming one of their main leaders. He and his family were missionaries in Afghanistan - and then the red light district of Amsterdam. He is now in South Africa I believe, after a stint in the USA.
Phyl
God's love and acceptance at work in the lives of shattered and hurting people in the red light district of Amsterdam.
A fresh revelation of the depth of His unconditional love, especially for men who have had absent or abusive fathers.
Sue
Anecdotes and gentle theology introduce the fatherly love of God and the potential of healing from brokenness. For Christians, parents, anyone who is hurting, or betrayed. Moving without wallowing in pity. Excellent.
Karen L.
For those who seek a closer relationship with Father God. Get out your handkerchief. Also for those who have been wounded by an earthly father and need healing.
Danielle
The first of my recommended reading in preparation for South Africa!
Dagmar Mueller
Most awesome classic about how God loves us. Soooooo good!
Mark
This pwerful book will completely alter your perception of God based on the experiences we have with our own fathers versus waht the Bible says about the Father God is to us. Another book that forever changed my relationship with God and deepened my spiritual growth.
Dennis
Dennis marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Rafael Ramos jr
Rafael Ramos jr marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Caela
Caela marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Cassandra Brown
Cassandra Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Megan Coffman
Megan Coffman marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Andersmagraw
Andersmagraw marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
  • Mountains of Spices
  • A Step Further: growing closer to God through hurt and hardship
  • The Hour That Changes the World: A Practical Plan for Personal Prayer
  • The Fight
  • Missionary Methods: St. Paul's or Our's?
  • Chasing the Dragon: One Woman's Struggle Against the Darkness of Hong Kong's Drug Den
  • The Divine Romance
  • Something More : In Search of a Deeper Faith
  • The Misunderstood God: The Lies Religion Tells About God
  • God Is a Matchmaker
Floyd McClung Jr. is the senior pastor of a large, growing church in Kansas City, Missouri, and the international director of All Nations Family. He has lectured on more than 100 university campuses and traveled in more than 175 countries.
More about Floyd McClung...
Living on the Devil's Doorstep: International Adventures You See Bones, I See an Army: Changing the Way We Do Church Follow: A Simple and Profound Call to Live Like Jesus Basic Discipleship Finding Friendship with God