Start by marking “E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet” as Want to Read:
E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet

E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Now, at last, we see where E.T. comes from -- who he really is and what his own distant world is like. Return with him to the Green Planet, whose inhabitants are the supreme masters of all growing things in the galaxy. Wander through their immense enchanted gardens, to which E.T. has returned, with Gertie's geranium, a fondness for junk food, and an all-consuming love for

Published March 1st 1985 by Berkley Pub Group (Mm) (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about E.T., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about E.T.

Robin
I can't remember much about this book because I read it when I was about ten years old. I think I liked it as much as the first E.T. novel.
All I can remember is that it takes place on his home planet, and he's like a biologist/rocket scientist? Because I recall that he builds a ship out of some kind of TURNIP!?
I wish I could find this book again, just to see......
Matt Adams
I bought this book at a used book store while visiting my friend in Grand Rapids, MI. I didn't initially have much desire to read it, but it was too bizarre of a find to pass up. More of a "Bet you didn't know this existed" type of purchase than anything. Eventually, after watching the movie again, I decided to see what this book had to offer.

While I liked the concepts of seeing things from ET's perspective and seeing what it was like on his home planet, the gimmick wore off fairly quick for me.
Don Gubler
Some things are better left alone even if you have the best of intentions.
Emiko Miyasato
BOOK TITLE:E.T.
Author:PENGUIN READERS
Publisher:William Kotzwinkle
Level:2

I chose this book because I like the movie.

SUMMARY:1.spaceship 2.Elliot 3.family 4.computer 5.transmitter 6.bike 7.spaceship

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
1: In this story, the main character Elliot wanted to be frind with E.T. What do yo do to make a good relationship with your friends?
Answer: I think I try to make a lot of chance to talk with my friends.

2: Do you think the animal of spaceship truly exist?
Answer: Yes. I think there
Richard
a fascinating curiosity but not a great book
Alan Hoffman
Very much the same character as the movie, but in entirely different circumstances . He intereacts only with members of his own society in this book - many of whom feel uncomfortable with him and ostricize him because of his time spent on earth. A logical, intriguing sequel that fleshes out E.T's world, but very different from the movie. Kotzwinkle also wrote the novelization of the film.
Jon
I read this book when I was very young. E.T. is a botanist and tries to get back to earth in a ship made out of a vegetable. This book made an impression on me and I wouldn't read it again because that would probably ruin it. I don't remember how old I was when I read it...
Philip Marcil
La suite de E.T. The extra-terrestrial. Oufff disons que l'idée de départ est bonne mais ce n'est pas un grand livre, même pour un grand fan de E.T.
Ruth Anne Corbett
I read this a long tme ago but it is one of m favourite books.
Ghassan Hayajneh
Ghassan Hayajneh marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Alan Dupay
Alan Dupay marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Ecenhua Maiz
Ecenhua Maiz marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Aug 30, 2014
John Lee
John Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Heidi
Heidi added it
Aug 22, 2014
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Dennis Elten
Dennis Elten marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Michael King
Michael King marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect Page Count on ISBN 0425076423 2 11 Sep 29, 2013 11:02PM
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Children of Morrow
  • Nothing Human
  • Alien
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Mr. Bass's Planetoid (Mushroom Planet, #3)
  • Mr. Dizzy
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek: The Eugenics Wars, #1)
  • Dark Star
  • Ella
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Dancing with an Alien
  • Willow
  • Conan the Barbarian
  • Muffin Dragon (reissue)
William Kotzwinkle is a two-time recipient of the National Magazine Award for Fiction, a winner of the World Fantasy Award, the Prix Litteraire des Bouquinistes des Quais de Paris, the PETA Award for Children's Books, and a Book Critics Circle award nominee. His work has been translated into dozens of languages.
More about William Kotzwinkle...
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth Walter the Farting Dog The Bear Went Over the Mountain The Fan Man Doctor Rat