Start by marking “Major Themes In Modern Philosophies Of Judaism” as Want to Read:
Major Themes In Modern Philosophies Of Judaism

Major Themes In Modern Philosophies Of Judaism

4.5  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Ex-library from a university library with the usual stampings, markings, and barcodes. Minor rubbing and edgewear to covers and spine. Interior is clean, and binding is intact and straight. No dust-jacket.
Hardcover
Published by Ktav Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Major Themes In Modern Philosophies Of Judaism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Major Themes In Modern Philosophies Of Judaism

Isaac
I love the concept of this book and its one that I rarely see these days. Rav Berkovits, tackles some of the most famous theologians of the past century. He reviews their religious philosophy and then rips them to shreds.

I did not give this book 5 stars because it is pretty dense at some points. However, its worthwhile reading to get to his main points. I am not reading the chapters in order, as they are each based on different philosophers, you can jump around.

I started with his take on Recons
Eli
Eli rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2008
Yael Shahar
Yael Shahar marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Ovadya Ben Malka
Ovadya Ben Malka marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Leni
Leni marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ezra
Ezra added it
May 19, 2016

“There is, in truth, no genuine confrontation between faith and law; there is no choice between them. If one starts out with a philosophy of despair and is willing to abandon life in its biological and socio­-historica1 fullness to its doom of futility and meaninglessness, one is bound to seek salvation in some otherworldly spiritual redemption. One has not chosen faith and rejected law', one has rejected life and thus needs no law.” 1 likes