Start by marking “Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars” as Want to Read:
Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars

Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars (Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  569 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Here is a cookbook filled with all of those wonderful recipes that you meant to clip and save from that jar, can or box--America's best-loved favorites from the test kitchens of the finest food manufacturers. These popular recipes are fast and easy, with detailed instructions for perfect results every time. 6" x 9".
Published March 1st 1992 by Galahad Books (first published January 1st 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars

Stephanie
I was so disappointed in this book. I have another name brand cookbook that is so amazing that I ordered this one. The one I own that made me want another one was named The Great American Name Brand Cookbook and is so much far and away better than this tiny little book that has only very few recipes that would even be used in someone's home. What a waste!

My recommendation, pass it by!
David Webb
Just before my grandmother passed away a few years ago she gave me a box full of her cookbooks---she & I shared a love of cookbooks, and she knew I collected them. This book was among them. I love it----there are some terrific little gems in here! It's not haute cuisine by any stretch, but there are some usable recipes that are easy to make and tasty. A sentimental favorite for me.
Debby
Reading and collectin recipes has been a hobby of mine for many years. This cookbook is one of my all-time favorites. I have given this cookbook as a bridal shower gift several times and it gets passed around the room so everyone can look throuhg it. Anyone who likes to cook shoul own a copy of this cookbook.
Chris
If you want to sell more of your product, you'll make sure the recipes on the package are fabulous and play up your product to its best advantage, right? Right! One of my go-to cookbooks.
Abraham Ray
Oct 29, 2012 Abraham Ray marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sunday
May 30, 2007 Sunday rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nostalgic foodies
Shelves: cook-books
This book contains all the tried and true recipes listed on bottles, cans, and jars. Preparing and enjoying them is a bit nostalgic!
Really like this one. There are some great classic appetizer recipies here as well as some really good main dish ideas.
Lynda
This is a great cookbook.
Cws
Dec 18, 2008 Cws added it
641.8 Dye
Tracy Ryan
Tracy Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Carol Robertson
Carol Robertson marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Marlene Eck
Marlene Eck marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Woodland Animal
Woodland Animal marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Carol Mello
Carol Mello marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes
  • The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American
  • The Compleat I Hate to Cook Book
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • The Book Lover's Cookbook
  • Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
  • Screen Doors and Sweet Tea: Recipes and Tales from a Southern Cook
  • Fannie Flagg's Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook: Featuring : Fried Green Tomatoes, Southern Barbecue, Banana Split Cake, and Many Other Great Recipes
  • Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook, Facsimile Edition
Ceil Dyer's Wok Cookery The after work entertaining cookbook Wok Cookery The Carter Family Favorites Cookbook Freezer To Oven To Table