Start by marking “Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars” as Want to Read:
Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars

Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars (Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,068 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Here is a cookbook filled with all of those wonderful recipes that you meant to clip and save from that jar, can or box--America's best-loved favorites from the test kitchens of the finest food manufacturers. These popular recipes are fast and easy, with detailed instructions for perfect results every time. 6" x 9".
Published March 1st 1992 by Galahad Books (first published January 1st 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars

My Greek Traditional Cook Book 1 by Anna OthitisJoy of Cooking by Irma S. RombauerHow to Cook Everything by Mark BittmanThe America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook by America's Test KitchenThe Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen
Awesome Cookbooks!
62nd out of 135 books — 102 voters
How to Cook Everything by Mark BittmanMom's Island Bakens by Martha Char LoveGluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverBest Recipes from Eastern Europe by Sahara SandersSlim And Healthy You by Sahara Sanders
How to Cook Books
58th out of 91 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Debby
Mar 25, 2010 Debby rated it it was amazing
Reading and collectin recipes has been a hobby of mine for many years. This cookbook is one of my all-time favorites. I have given this cookbook as a bridal shower gift several times and it gets passed around the room so everyone can look throuhg it. Anyone who likes to cook shoul own a copy of this cookbook.
Stephanie
Apr 06, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was ok
I was so disappointed in this book. I have another name brand cookbook that is so amazing that I ordered this one. The one I own that made me want another one was named The Great American Name Brand Cookbook and is so much far and away better than this tiny little book that has only very few recipes that would even be used in someone's home. What a waste!

My recommendation, pass it by!
David Webb
Aug 24, 2013 David Webb rated it really liked it
Just before my grandmother passed away a few years ago she gave me a box full of her cookbooks---she & I shared a love of cookbooks, and she knew I collected them. This book was among them. I love it----there are some terrific little gems in here! It's not haute cuisine by any stretch, but there are some usable recipes that are easy to make and tasty. A sentimental favorite for me.
Teresa Kuhns
Dec 28, 2014 Teresa Kuhns rated it it was ok

This cookbook is not really worth buying. You can find many of these recipes online. There are a number of recipes that can be located in other cookbooks. Save your money. Look online or borrow from a library!
Chris
May 23, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
If you want to sell more of your product, you'll make sure the recipes on the package are fabulous and play up your product to its best advantage, right? Right! One of my go-to cookbooks.
Janet
Jul 15, 2015 Janet rated it liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Abraham Ray
May 01, 2015 Abraham Ray marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sunday
May 30, 2007 Sunday rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nostalgic foodies
Shelves: cook-books
This book contains all the tried and true recipes listed on bottles, cans, and jars. Preparing and enjoying them is a bit nostalgic!
Oct 23, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-library, cookbooks
Really like this one. There are some great classic appetizer recipies here as well as some really good main dish ideas.
Lynda
Jun 08, 2009 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a great cookbook.
Cws
Dec 18, 2008 Cws added it
641.8 Dye
denise young
denise young rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
bob e. cox jr.
bob e. cox jr. marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Jennifer Millar
Jennifer Millar marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Madelyn
Madelyn marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Laticia Jackson
Laticia Jackson rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Carmen Andersson
Carmen Andersson rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Micky Rainbird
Micky Rainbird marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Debbie Smith
Debbie Smith rated it really liked it
Deborah Jaquez
Deborah Jaquez marked it as to-read
EDNA STEDDUM
EDNA STEDDUM rated it liked it
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Alisa
Alisa marked it as to-read
Trinidad Castaneda
Trinidad Castaneda rated it really liked it
Ashley Pabst
Ashley Pabst marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Linda Brandes
Linda Brandes rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • Weber's Big Book of Grilling
  • Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
  • Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes
  • The German Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Mastering Authentic German Cooking
  • Fannie Flagg's Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook: Featuring : Fried Green Tomatoes, Southern Barbecue, Banana Split Cake, and Many Other Great Recipes
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • Semi-Homemade: Cooking

Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars (3 books)
  • More Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars