Start by marking “Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Another installment in our wildly successful series of succinct whodunits, Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries offers more than 40 new intriguing cases to thrill, entertain, and solve in less time than it takes to brew a cup of tea! Astute readers can test their powers of observation and deductive reasoning, then turn to the end of the book for ingenious solutions to ...more
Published March 3rd 2004 by Running Press (first published March 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

Bitsy
Mar 31, 2010 Bitsy rated it liked it
These mysteries turned out to be tough! You read the beginning of the mystery and then had to guess the end yourself. To check to see if you were right you had to flip to the back of the book to read the solution. We got to be pretty good towards the middle and end of the novel at really reading the short stories and trying to pick up on all of the clues. There were a few things working against us though.

The first was that the book was written in 2002, so there were a few things that have change
J.
Apr 20, 2014 J. rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I love these books, but I always have the same issues: every mystery is either easy, in the sense that I solve it after reading them re-skimming, or it's totally impossible. This volume has a few that I couldn't make sense of even after reading the solution. But, anyway, it is what it is, and this is more of it.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I did about as well with these mini-mysteries as I did with the other book by Weber--solved about half, was in the ballpark for a few more, and didn't have a clue for the rest. In my library these are catalogued in the children's section, but I'd make them YA or adult. Some of the knowledge you need in order to solve these cases even many adults wouldn't know. I enjoy the way these stretch my brain and sharpen my observation/reading skills, so I look forward to reading more.
Jan
Nov 17, 2011 Jan rated it liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
These were fun. Forty short mysteries ( 5 - 6 pages each) with a question or clue to be solved. The answers and explanations were given at the back of the book. Fun diversion.
Jesse
Overall these are pretty good little logic puzzles but some require specified knowledge on somethings that esoteric rather than common sense.
Danny
Danny added it
Jun 26, 2016
Sandeep Mohan
Sandeep Mohan rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
David
David added it
Jan 29, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2015
Tom Van Boening
Tom Van Boening marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 20, 2015
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Sheena Parker
Sheena Parker rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Michael R.
Michael R. rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
April Roberts
April Roberts rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Danette
Danette rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Alseny Balde
Alseny Balde marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Chaos
Chaos marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Shirley
Shirley rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Rodney
Rodney rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014