Start by marking “Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Another installment in our wildly successful series of succinct whodunits, Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries offers more than 40 new intriguing cases to thrill, entertain, and solve in less time than it takes to brew a cup of tea! Astute readers can test their powers of observation and deductive reasoning, then turn to the end of the book for ingenious solutions to ...more
Published March 3rd 2004 by Running Press (first published March 2nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolutely Amazing Five-Minute Mysteries

Bitsy
These mysteries turned out to be tough! You read the beginning of the mystery and then had to guess the end yourself. To check to see if you were right you had to flip to the back of the book to read the solution. We got to be pretty good towards the middle and end of the novel at really reading the short stories and trying to pick up on all of the clues. There were a few things working against us though.

The first was that the book was written in 2002, so there were a few things that have change
J.
I love these books, but I always have the same issues: every mystery is either easy, in the sense that I solve it after reading them re-skimming, or it's totally impossible. This volume has a few that I couldn't make sense of even after reading the solution. But, anyway, it is what it is, and this is more of it.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I did about as well with these mini-mysteries as I did with the other book by Weber--solved about half, was in the ballpark for a few more, and didn't have a clue for the rest. In my library these are catalogued in the children's section, but I'd make them YA or adult. Some of the knowledge you need in order to solve these cases even many adults wouldn't know. I enjoy the way these stretch my brain and sharpen my observation/reading skills, so I look forward to reading more.
Jan
These were fun. Forty short mysteries ( 5 - 6 pages each) with a question or clue to be solved. The answers and explanations were given at the back of the book. Fun diversion.
Jess
Overall these are pretty good little logic puzzles but some require specified knowledge on somethings that esoteric rather than common sense.
Karen Kao
Karen Kao marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Alseny Balde
Alseny Balde marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Anna Christian
Anna Christian is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Chaos
Chaos marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
D Revanth
D Revanth marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Charissa Carpenter
Charissa Carpenter marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Andy
Andy added it
Sep 20, 2013
5分間ミステリー More Five-Minute Mysteries: 34 New Cases Of Murder And Mayhem For You To Solve Maximum Entertainment: Director's Notes For Magicians And Mentalists Further Five-minute Mysteries: 36 New Cases Of Murder And Mayhem For You To Solve Utterly Ingenious Five Minute Mysteries