Start by marking “The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)

The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's #7)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,216 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Based upon, and continuing Enid Blyton's St. Clare's series. The holidays are over and twins Pat and Isabel O'Sullivan are dying to get back to school. The big question on everybody's lips is, who will be head girl? But a terrible accident and an hilarious school play show the true leaders in the third form, but they also show up the cheats and cowards.
Published April 1st 2000 by Mammoth (first published 2000)

Ananya Kuttikkad
Jan 20, 2016 Ananya Kuttikkad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ela-1-2
This book is about a boarding school in England a long time ago, and about the lives of the girls there. I read this when I was younger, and I just wanted to reread it, so I did. The thing I really like about this book is that it makes me want to go to a boarding school in England. Things are much different than they are here, and school seems a lot more interesting and exciting there than it is here. The other thing I liked about the book is that it makes you really feel like you go to the same ...more
Bruce Gargoyle
Ten Second Synopsis:
A new year means a new head girl, while some new students rock the boat vying for Alison's friendship. Can the girls overcome their differences long enough to put on a spectacular play for the end of term?

Sounds like a typical Enid Blyton adventure, right? Well, my friend, I thought so too. But herein lies the confusion. This title is, in fact, NOT part of the original series, but an add-on penned by Pamela Cox as a way to flesh out the original Blyton series.

Shocked?

So was I
Sonam  Puri
May 13, 2012 Sonam Puri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome children's book...
One of my best friend Sanil Khanna gave me to read it...I was quite surprised that he was reading a children's book at the age of 23 but when I started to read it...I finished it in just a day!!!
Girls have always been the way they are at any age!

Jealously and companionship are two elements of any friendship a girl has. Interesting story.
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #5), Enid Blyton
عنوان: سومی ها در سنت کلر جلد 5؛ نویسنده: انید بلایتون؛ مترجم: ایلونا جودمردی؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، شهر کتاب، هرمس (کیمیا)، 1382، در 191 ص، شابک: 9643632091؛ جلد 5 از مجموعه سنت کلر
Felicity
Jan 04, 2014 Felicity rated it it was amazing
Even though this isn't actually by Enid Blyton I really enjoyed it. It might even be one of my favourites from the series! Great story with some new characters along the way.
Munti
Dec 25, 2014 Munti marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Karthik
Well - it is reasonably like the usual St. Clares story though of course no one can really recreate the feel. This book really tries hard to remain consistent with the rest of the series. But somehow one can clearly feel that Pamela Cox is from a different age. She can not get into Enid Blyton's shoes and think from the age when Enid Blyton used to live. So sometimes one finds a dis synchrony - an ideas from one age introduced in a different age.
Lady Entropy
I promised myself I wouldn't be that fan. Someone writing again for St. Clare's is awesome, no matter the quality. I would give Pamela Cox a chance.

But she blew it: she dropped everything that made St. Clares St. Clares, including throwing in Day students, Carlotta being allowed out of the school to go horse riding, changing people's characters, the wrong girls chosen as Head Girls, the typical language, and even a boy.

I was still trying to give them a chance, but it became harder and harder, as
Beth Stewart
Apr 30, 2012 Beth Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This book has got to be my favourite so far. Simply because it is a gripping book. I couldn't put it down! The 2 new girls Libby and Fern - cousins are complete opposites. Libby is kind, friendly and warm - hearted, whereas Fern is a spiteful person. I severly dislike Fern because she turns against Carlotta and Rachel. Rachel is a new girl too! Fern wrecks the costumes for the third formers play, blames Carlotta on it and Carlotta gets knocked unconcious because of Fern. Fern and Libby both leav ...more
Arunima
Mar 22, 2016 Arunima rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: st-clares
Just superb
Harini Sethuraman
Nov 02, 2015 Harini Sethuraman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good.
Carina
Nov 14, 2013 Carina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book because it is funny, with excitement and drama. This book is about all the third-form girls at St. Clare's, and how they get through plays, tricks, flu, injuries, and horrible girls, and all the fun that comes with it. I highly recommend this book to those who have read the beginning of the series.
Niloo
وای که من چقدررررررر دلم برای این مدارس شبانه روزی تنگ شده بود...
جشن های شبانه٫ کلک های بوبی و جانت و دوریس در کلاس مادموازل! :))
تازه واردها! قهر و آشتی ها! آدمای دوست داشتنی :)
همه اش خوب بود خیلی خیلی!!
حتی نمیدونم این چندمین باری بود که میخوندمش! فقط میتونم بگم خـــــیـــــلــــی لذت بردم! :]
Meike
Jul 14, 2015 Meike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
This is a great book.
The missing two stars are due to it not fitting in with the rest of the series so well.The biggest issue I had were the two day girls in the original series there is never a mention of day girls also I always had the feeling it wouldn't fit into the concept of the school.
Avi
Feb 01, 2010 Avi rated it liked it
Out of all of the St. Clare's books, I thought that this one gave the most insight on the boarding school. The change in authors was executed well and I had found myself excited for the rest of the books.
Sally
Not a bad book, though lacks the charm of the original series. Still, an interesting fill-in of one of the missing years.
Anna
Jan 10, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Such fun, makes me want to go to boarding school & have midnight feasts, even though I'm 40 & a mum myself.
Farhan Sani
Oct 23, 2008 Farhan Sani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really love stories of life at boarding school.
Ana Rita
I guess the autor is running out of ideas
Libby
Dec 23, 2010 Libby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read May 2009; reread August 2010.
Hasara
Found it recently... good one :)
Yunisa K.D.
written by Pamela Cox, not Enid...
Uzma
Feb 12, 2015 Uzma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
i really liked it
Asha Singh
Asha Singh marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Trudi
Trudi marked it as to-read
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Onyegbynam Chiamaka
Onyegbynam Chiamaka marked it as to-read
Shravs K
Shravs K rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Kartikeya Mishra
Kartikeya Mishra rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Jaskaran Sodhi
Jaskaran Sodhi rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2016
  • Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Helps a Friend (The Naughtiest Girl, #6)

St. Clare's (6 books)
  • The Twins at St Clare's (St Clare's, #1)
  • The O'Sullivan Twins (St. Clare's, #2)
  • Summer Term at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #3)
  • Second Form at St Clare's (St Clare's, #4)
  • Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)
  • Fifth Formers of St Clare's (St. Clare's, #6)