Waiting for the Wolf Moon (Silhouette Shadows #8) (The Circle, book 1)

Waiting for the Wolf Moon (Silhouette Shadows #8) (The Circle)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Under a Raging Moon

Nobody had to tell Sylvie Peabody that some things were beyond human understanding. After all, she was a witch--a white witch of uncommon power. But even she was powerless to explain the nightmare that gripped the little town of Stagwater whenever the full moon approached. Was it really possible that a werewolf was stalking the Louisiana night?

And was i...more
Published May 1st 1993 by Silhouette Shadows (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for the Wolf Moon (Silhouette Shadows #8), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for the Wolf Moon (Silhouette Shadows #8)

Sarai
From the back cover:
Nobody had to tell Sylvie Peabody that some things were beyond human understanding. After all, she was a witch - a white witch of uncommon power. But even she was powerless to explain the nightmare that gripped the little town of Stagwater whenever the full moon approached. Was it really possible that a werewolf was stalking the Louisiana night? And was it pure coincidence that the horror had begun when the very mysterious Rand Garner bought that crumbling old estate on the e...more
Lana
I found this one in one of my dozens of book boxes while unpacking my bedroom.

I had put this on my To-Read list, because my mom knew the author, and she's a local, or as local as anybody ever is in Dallas-Fort Worth. I enjoy the books I've read, at least in part because she makes positive generic references to Wicca in her books, and in later books, much more specific references.

After reading a chapter, I realized I'd read this one before, and decided to read it again. I couldn't remember how i...more
Isis
I don't read romance often. And when I do read romance, I expect it to be the side dish. When reading this book, I found the story captivating from the start. The characters felt real to me, and they all had interesting personalities.

What really pulled me into the story was the sense of mystery. As much as I wanted to figure out the big secret, I couldn't. Often you read paranormal books thinking you got the whole thing figured out, but I couldn't do that with this book. And when I did find out...more
Christie
This was a great read for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the fast pace and sexiness of the story. You can't go wrong with a good werewolf adventure.
Angela Dawn
Too much pulp fiction for me, but an interesting twist on the werewolf theme.
Melanie Jackson
So many of the category books are overlooked-- and sometimes justly so-- but this one was a little gem and I try to read it every Halloween.
latest re-read 7/17/2011
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Klaudia
Klaudia marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Dan Barker
Dan Barker marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Evelyn Vaughn is one of the nom-de-plume used by southern author Yvonne Jocks. Yes, the pun of E. Vaughn being her first name, Yvonne, is deliberate!
More about Evelyn Vaughn...
A. K. A. Goddess (The Grail Keepers #1) Something Wicked (The Grail Keepers #3) Her Kind Of Trouble (The Grail Keepers #2) Lost Calling (The Madonna Key #1) Contact (Silhouette Bombshell, #30)