Start by marking “July Thunder” as Want to Read:
July Thunder

July Thunder

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The death of his wife and estrangement from his father has left Deputy Sheriff Sam Canfield a shell of his former self. Schoolteacher Mary McKinney knows about the pain that haunts Sam--the death of her young son devastated her. They each begin to heal and help rebuild each others' spirit. As a wildfire near Whisper Creek rages, it threatens everything--and everyone--in it ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about July Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about July Thunder

Gemma
This was a pretty good read, but quite easy to put down. I finished without a lot of trouble, but it wasn't a story that tempted me to keep reading past my bedtime.

I felt that the author was trying to deal with too much in too little space. Because of that, the romance suffered a bit. More time was given to developing other story threads, like the hero's hang-ups over his father, or his father learning to communicate and be more flexible. At times, so much attention was given to the forest fire
Anne Holly
For the most part, this novel did its job. It delivered a long-format romance between two generally likeable people, with a believable setting and secondary characters, with a bit of emotion and conflict.

There was a lot going on in this, with a major forest fire lasting throughout the book, as well as issues of religion and faith and tolerance, forgiveness, loss, grief, family, sin, etc. (There was even some sort of demon stalking the heroine at one point, which might have been symbolic, but I'
Jan
Don't know what I was thinking, not my cup of tea at all.
Christine
This was one of the best romances I have ever read! The characters were very real because there was a huge amount of character development. I absolutely loved the deep conversations that the two main characters had about life. Although I personally am unorthodox in my religious beliefs, I thoroughly enjoyed the religious conversations that Mary had with Sam and his father. These conversations were done in such a way that this book didn't stray into the "inspirational" genre.
Dawn
Jan 08, 2009 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Recommended to Dawn by: Caught my eye in the bookstore.
This book was from a three part series that takes place in a small town in Colorado. Unfortunately, I read the first & second book out of order, but you could just read one of the books and it would still be a good story.
Marie
I really liked this story. While the story flowed well and held my interest, the writting style was a little too formal for the romance genre. I hadn't read anything by this author before but I would pick up a book by her again.
LJ
July Thunder - Ok
Rachael Lee
Teacher whose son was killed by a car; cop who is the son of a strict minister; forest fire.

Preachy.
Marianne
Learned about high mountain fires, firefighters, a rigid minister and his alienated son. Nice read.
Erotic Horizon
July Thunder by Rachel Lee (2002)
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Ryan Becker
Ryan Becker marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jesvine Preetha
Jesvine Preetha marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Tuti Van de berkt
Tuti Van de berkt is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2014
Shantie
Shantie marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19673

Rachel Lee is a New York Times best-selling author and the winner of Six Romantic Times magazine Reviewers' Choice Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a five-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award. She has penned a wide variety of
More about Rachel Lee...
Shadows of Myth Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Conard County, #3) Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8) Shadows of Prophecy A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)