Start by marking “July Thunder (Months Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
July Thunder (Months Trilogy, #3)

July Thunder (Months Trilogy #3)

The death of his wife and estrangement from his father has left Deputy Sheriff Sam Canfield a shell of his former self. Schoolteacher Mary McKinney knows about the pain that haunts Sam--the death of her young son devastated her. They each begin to heal and help rebuild each others' spirit. As a wildfire near Whisper Creek rages, it threatens everything--and everyone--in it ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about July Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about July Thunder

Gemma
Nov 26, 2010 Gemma rated it liked it
This was a pretty good read, but quite easy to put down. I finished without a lot of trouble, but it wasn't a story that tempted me to keep reading past my bedtime.

I felt that the author was trying to deal with too much in too little space. Because of that, the romance suffered a bit. More time was given to developing other story threads, like the hero's hang-ups over his father, or his father learning to communicate and be more flexible. At times, so much attention was given to the forest fire
Anne Holly
Oct 08, 2012 Anne Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: gave-away
For the most part, this novel did its job. It delivered a long-format romance between two generally likeable people, with a believable setting and secondary characters, with a bit of emotion and conflict.

There was a lot going on in this, with a major forest fire lasting throughout the book, as well as issues of religion and faith and tolerance, forgiveness, loss, grief, family, sin, etc. (There was even some sort of demon stalking the heroine at one point, which might have been symbolic, but I'
Christine
Sep 23, 2011 Christine rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best romances I have ever read! The characters were very real because there was a huge amount of character development. I absolutely loved the deep conversations that the two main characters had about life. Although I personally am unorthodox in my religious beliefs, I thoroughly enjoyed the religious conversations that Mary had with Sam and his father. These conversations were done in such a way that this book didn't stray into the "inspirational" genre.
Marie
Aug 28, 2013 Marie rated it liked it
I really liked this story. While the story flowed well and held my interest, the writting style was a little too formal for the romance genre. I hadn't read anything by this author before but I would pick up a book by her again.
Dawn
Jan 08, 2009 Dawn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Recommended to Dawn by: Caught my eye in the bookstore.
This book was from a three part series that takes place in a small town in Colorado. Unfortunately, I read the first & second book out of order, but you could just read one of the books and it would still be a good story.
Marianne
Jul 09, 2010 Marianne rated it really liked it
Learned about high mountain fires, firefighters, a rigid minister and his alienated son. Nice read.
Virginia
Jun 18, 2014 Virginia rated it really liked it
loved it
Erotic Horizon
July Thunder by Rachel Lee (2002)
Jan
Aug 18, 2014 Jan rated it did not like it
Don't know what I was thinking, not my cup of tea at all.
LJ
Sep 20, 2007 LJ rated it it was ok
July Thunder - Ok
Rachael Lee
Teacher whose son was killed by a car; cop who is the son of a strict minister; forest fire.

Preachy.
Cherry-Ann
Nov 01, 2015 Cherry-Ann rated it it was ok
It was okay. A bit dated though in terms of outlook and mannerism. Easy read.
Megan
Nov 25, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing
Great book!!
Binnie  Braunstein
Binnie Braunstein rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2015
D. J.
D. J. rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2012
Sharon Voorheis
Sharon Voorheis rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2012
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Riane
Riane rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2011
Mau
Mau rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Sharee Johnson
Sharee Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Laurie Gold
Laurie Gold rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2010
Ocha
Ocha rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2011
Retha Burger
Retha Burger rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Georgia Woods
Georgia Woods rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2008
Renata
Renata rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2017
Cam
Cam rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Rayanna
Rayanna rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
19673

Rachel Lee is a New York Times best-selling author and the winner of Six Romantic Times magazine Reviewers' Choice Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a five-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA® Award. She has penned a wide variety of
More about Rachel Lee...

Months Trilogy (3 books)
  • Snow in September (Months Trilogy, #1)
  • A January Chill (Months Trilogy, #2)