Start by marking “Your Girlfriends Only Know So Much: A Brothers Take on Dating and Mating for Sistas” as Want to Read:

Face it. Your girlfriends can tell you what you need to know about just about everything...except men. For that, you need comedian and "Essence" columnist Finesse Mitchell.

Eager to help his sistas out and show them how to avoid the types of men who have left them baffled, blue, or just plain bitter, Mitchell tells the truth, whether it's good, bad, or downright despicable.
Published November 6th 2007 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Your Girlfriends Only Know So Much, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Girlfriends Only Know So Much

Kenya Wright
Apr 27, 2015 Kenya Wright rated it it was amazing
Pretty interesting book. Much better than the Steve Harvey one. I don't believe every man is the same, and this book confirmed it for me. I think Harvey's book misses the point that everyone isn't the same.
Kellee
Jun 14, 2008 Kellee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women who are looking for Mr. Right
I enjoyed this book. I read it from beginning to end. It took me quite a few months to get thru it because I didn't feel as if I needed to read it until I decided I WANTED to be in a relationship. At that point, I began reading it faithfully everyday. He is funny and has a lot of jokes in there. He even mentions my friend's name from Hell Date Keedar. I'm not sure if Keedar knows he was in this book, but I let him know. They are frat brothers. Anyways, this is a good informational book. ...more
Denise
Oct 26, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok
I read this book the same time that I was reading the Steve Harvey book just to compare what the guys have to say and its pretty much the same across the board. One thing that I did notice is that Finesse philosophy on giving it up is that we are adults and there probably isn't a wait time, while steve says to at least allow 90 days before you do. So who's right on this? Either way, it was a nice book to read. It was funny in spots as well.
MrsMackley
Nov 15, 2009 MrsMackley rated it did not like it
Sorry, Finesse. Felt like I had to read this one since the inside cover is signed with "Erica, thanks for hanging with me. Finesse M." He's a good friend (at least I pretend like he is). Anyway, I was in trouble from the beginning since I'm not exactly a "sista" as indicated in the title. However, there wasn't any great insight in the book, nor was it that entertaining. Stick to stand-up, my man.
Samantha
Jun 12, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing
LOL...LOVE this book. You will LAUGH all the way through it. He has some good points, even talks about the 80/20 rule. LOVE IT!
April
April rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Cydney
Cydney rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2008
tracey
tracey rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Tamiamc
Tamiamc rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Chandra
Chandra rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2014
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Stasha
Jul 19, 2009 Stasha rated it really liked it
Very amusing and very witty, but all-in-all what it dictates is oh-so-true!
Kamira
Kamira rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Sherrell C
Sherrell C rated it really liked it
May 14, 2010
kyrstyn james
kyrstyn james rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2008
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Tk
Tk rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2009
Camilla Taylor wilson
Camilla Taylor wilson rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Cara
Jan 27, 2016 Cara rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-or-frivolity
Apparently my take on dating and mating is remarkably the same as "A Brother's." Funny book.
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Regina Brunache
Regina Brunache rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2016
Lynette
Lynette rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Trina Franklin
Trina Franklin rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
LEQUENTA
LEQUENTA rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
The Reading
The Reading rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Doneisha
Doneisha rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Miata Nicks
Miata Nicks rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Rosa
Rosa rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2008
Nandi Crawford
Nandi Crawford marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2007
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2008
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2008
Mandi
Mandi added it
Mar 11, 2009
Lisa Capote
Lisa Capote marked it as to-read
May 20, 2009
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2010
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
May 22, 2011
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
Laura Jackson
Laura Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Jeanine
Jeanine marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Joy
Joy added it
Aug 22, 2016
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Samearra Drake
Samearra Drake marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014