Start by marking “Whose Nose and Toes?” as Want to Read:
Whose Nose and Toes?

Whose Nose and Toes?

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews

Published September 23rd 2004 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Whose Nose and Toes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whose Nose and Toes?

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleMoo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra BoyntonBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
Books for one-year-old children
115th out of 273 books — 191 voters
All the World by Liz Garton ScanlonThe Napping House by Audrey WoodEasy Guide to Baby Sign Language by J.R. CagleAnimal Mothers by Atsushi KomoriWhose Nose and Toes? by John Butler
Montessori 0-3 Classroom
5th out of 80 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Florence Baumgardner
Apr 06, 2013 Florence Baumgardner rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All small children!
Recommended to Florence by: Handed down book!
Whose nose and Toes by Whose John Butler
ISBN0-670-05904-8
Whose nose and Toes by John Butler is a guessing picture book written for N-Nursery ages 2-5. In this book, they show a picture of an animal's nose and toes and the reader is to guess what animal they belong too. By turning the page they are able to see the entire animal. The characters in this book are all baby animals. The illustrations are done beautifully keeping to the natural coloring of the animals. By using natural coloring chil
Abbey Brammer
I thought this book was really cute to read to young children, and the illustrations were very realistic. The only negative thing I felt toward this book was the that it was very repetitive. However, I know I could read it in front of young children and make it exciting for them and get them involved in the story which would make it easier to read.
Steven Matview
Mar 23, 2014 Steven Matview rated it liked it
Shelves: e
The very swift pace of this book - where kids guess what animal is next based on their nose and toes (and, of course, you can make your own animal sounds as hints) - makes it a good extra book to bring into storytime in case you finish everything else earlier than expected.
Angie
Jun 08, 2015 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "From the author of Whose Baby Am I? and Who Says Woof? comes this adorable, interactive picture book that introduces baby animals and their different noses and feet. With large, endearing illustrations and a guessing game format, toddlers will love learning to recognize the noses and toes of crocodiles, elephants, rhinos, and more."

My Review: We have Whose Baby Am I and that was a big hit with Munchkin, so when I spotted this one at a used bookstore I had to get it. I am sure glad I d
Arden
Sep 07, 2014 Arden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audrey
Audrey's all time favorite book. I read it to her at least six times today and she read it to herself even more times. She likes books, but I have never seen her as eager to read something as she is with this book.
Renate Robey
On each page their is a clue to whose nose and toes around peeking around the corner from the next page. They are baby animals which would be especially appealing to the younger set.
Sarah Adamson
Jan 18, 2015 Sarah Adamson rated it really liked it
A fun repetitive book for young children. Fun to read to younger ones and tonight my daughter read this (90% - the pictures helped) to me.
Mary Luzader
Aug 11, 2014 Mary Luzader rated it really liked it
This is a cute little book, great for toddlers. It introduces both names of animals and body parts.
Wren
Feb 02, 2016 Wren rated it it was amazing
Another nightly read. We especially love the bucket of water, ha.
Katy
May 05, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
A really great, repetitious animal book. Perfect for storytime.
Momski
Feb 18, 2015 Momski rated it really liked it
Easy for them to guess the animals. Short and simple.
Rissy Andrews
Nov 05, 2014 Rissy Andrews rated it really liked it
Can't wait to reread this with aria whr she gets bigger!
Superreader300
Jul 05, 2015 Superreader300 rated it did not like it
I don't like this book because it's a short book.
Michelle
Aug 11, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Looks like a good third book for PS ST
Angela
Aug 07, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Another animal interactive book for playing guess who during storytime.
Melissa
Jan 27, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
Story time selection.
Nathan
May 14, 2015 Nathan rated it liked it
Read to James
Meg McGregor
May 08, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing

My babies love to stare at the beautiful illustrations for very long periods of time. Love that.
Ina
Mar 02, 2013 Ina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This is a book filled with fun. There are amazing illustrations of animals and they are laid out in a guessing game format. The question is "Whose Nose and Toes," the hint is the tip of a nose and the hint of a toe and then the kids yell out their guesses. My storytime audience was engaged and very participatory...and guess almost all of the animals correctly. This is a marvelous real-aloud.
Paula

Jenny
Aug 07, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it
Super simple, repetitive book. Cute. The first page features a nose and toes of an animal and asks, "Whose nose and toes?" Then you turn the page and see the whole animal and it tells you who the nose and toes belong to. Perfect for the toddler/preschool age child or even a beginning reader.
Angela
May 01, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: /z/
This is really cute and fun book for targeting final /z/. I have a copy to share if any one wants to use it.

I made an activity to accompany it. I put pictures of other animals and some people (like a clown) on note cards and then had the client add noses and toes to match.
Mar 02, 2014 Sarah added it
Stories & Songs: Animals
Babytime: Fingers and Toes
Breana Vining
Jan 29, 2010 Breana Vining rated it really liked it
Toddlers would be the best group of students to read this book to! They love to guess which animal will come next-They especially love it when they have the book memorized-it's almost as if they can read it themselves!
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Can you identify an animal from just its nose and toes? You will be able to after this book.

The illustrations of the animals are particularly cute - all of them are young with particularly big eyes!
Becky H.
Jul 26, 2008 Becky H. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: young children
I read this to my daughter when it first came out. She is now 5 and keeps picking it out at the library. We love it. It has really cute illustrations and the kids really get into it (not a bed time story).
Jared
Oct 03, 2009 Jared rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Beautifully illustrated book that shows the nose and toes of an animal on one page and invites children to figure out what animal is on the back of the page. Great for kids from 1-3.
Astrila
Sep 01, 2015 Astrila rated it it was ok
This book looked cute... one of the pictures, the cow's nose, I think isn't very clear, I couldn't guess what it was myself... There ate better books out there.
Vicki
Feb 16, 2012 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture, tiny-tots
A wonderful books for young children to guess what animal is on the next page by peeking at the nose and toes! Include animal sounds for more story time fun.
Meredith
Oct 06, 2010 Meredith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A big hit in baby storytime. The kids had fun guessing the animals, and the parents thought the pictures were cute.
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • Sleepy, Oh So Sleepy
  • How Do You Make a Baby Smile?
  • One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
  • The Little Red Hen Big Book
  • The Foggy, Foggy Forest
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Monkey And Me

writer and illustrator - lives in Kent, South East England.
More about John Butler...